More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 13:20:57

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Bodyshop
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Bodyshop  (Read 4547 times)
ChibyMethos
Corpulent Cretin

Remember 9-11-2001

View Profile
Bodyshop
« on: 2006 November 09, 17:15:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does anyone else's version of Bodyshop for OMGPets not work? I'm having to use the Glamour Bodyshop.

All your base are belong to us.
Ivy
Knuckleheaded Knob

"54% Scrumptiousness"

View Profile WWW
Re: Bodyshop
« Reply #1 on: 2006 November 09, 17:21:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The first time I ran Bodyshop after installing Pets, it took a long long long time to open (compared to pre-Pets of course).  Then I found I had an excess abundance of "glasses" that aren't actually glasses at all...do a search for that issue, it's still unresolved.

So do I think Bodyshop got borked somehow with Pets? You betcha.  It doesn't surprise me if you can't get it to work.

ChibyMethos
Corpulent Cretin

Remember 9-11-2001

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 November 09, 17:29:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Mine opened and all I had was a black screen. I did it again and I got all college students. So I went back to Glamour's Body shop and it seem to work fine. I was just wondering if I was alone out there.

All your base are belong to us.
Ivy
Knuckleheaded Knob

"54% Scrumptiousness"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2006 November 09, 17:53:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Definitely not alone with bodyshop weirdness after installing Pets.  Smiley  Haven't had your exact issue, but there's definitely something wrong with it.

ZiggyDoodle
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 November 09, 22:12:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Mine opened - after a long wait as noted by Ivy.  Also seems to work okay but I didn't actually create anything.  Only reason I opened it was to see if a new and rather nice business outfit I had seen while outfitting a new employee could be imported into the game. 

Didn't show up in th Pets BS - noted that BS is also listed as an OFB program - are these two separate programs? 

Venusy
Dead Member

Despite the name, I am male.Do not call me "miss".

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 November 09, 22:15:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Didn't show up in th Pets BS - noted that BS is also listed as an OFB program - are these two separate programs? 
Yes.

"They say only the good die young. If that works both ways, I'm immortal."

ISTP - Independent, concise in speech, master of tools.
ZiggyDoodle
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 November 09, 22:19:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks, Venusy.  Will try the the OFB version.  Funny I never saw those outfits before EP4 was installed, but could be I didn't look that hard.

chordin
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 November 11, 08:13:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As it stands right now, with Pets installed, basically everything that we create in Bodyshop is NOT compatible without Pets installed and this certainly isn't fair to those who have not purchased the game for whatever reason. We have made an attempt to appeal to Maxis and get our issued addressed but they ignore us so the choice is yours.... Do you want Pets or Custom Content?

An announcement in insimenator. http://www.insimenator.net/announcement.php?f=23&a=49

WTF!  Huh

Edit: Ok, apparently it's true. (I must have been living in a barrel...) Numenor has already made a new "legacy bodyshop" for that. http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=201322
« Last Edit: 2006 November 11, 08:29:07 by chordin » Logged
Ivy
Knuckleheaded Knob

"54% Scrumptiousness"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 2006 November 11, 17:00:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well there ya go, yet another reason to be cautious of any CC clothing that you download...

I'll add that to the back of my mind for issues for folks to check for when they say such and such isn't working...grrr.

In the meantime, I think it's very clear that an update for the pets version of bodyshop is desperately needed for the issues mentioned here as well as there.

chordin
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 November 11, 18:17:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I really would like to know if they have made some necessary updates or do they just want to make us all buy OMGPETZ. And wouldn't it be nice if they decided that it's "necessary" to make updates to every new bodyshop in the future EPs.

Unfortunately, I wouldn't be surprised... Just how arrogant can they be? They make us products with full of bugs, spyware and incompatibilities, and because they don't have any real competitors, they can do it. I feel like a sheep and that's really depressing.
miros
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 November 11, 20:11:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Probably it's as easy as lopping out a resource.  I'll have to test this later.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: