More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 19, 02:07:30

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Skintone selector thingy
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Skintone selector thingy  (Read 8918 times)
spookymuffin
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
Skintone selector thingy
« on: 2006 November 09, 12:21:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Im looking for something that lets me apply a custom skintone to a sim while in-game, permenantly, without changing the genetics of the sim.
Ive tried using Christianlov's copy mirror and skintone selector but they dont really do what I need(even though he says they do in his thread?)
« Last Edit: 2006 November 15, 09:26:51 by spookymuffin » Logged

"Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge: it is those who know little, and not those who know much, who so positively assert that this or that problem will never be solved by science." - Charles Darwin
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
Re: Skintone selector thingy
« Reply #1 on: 2006 November 09, 14:24:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

His are the only known hacks that even mess with skintones in game. If they aren't working for you, you'll have to use SimPE. Sad

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
miros
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 November 09, 14:26:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What about the plastic surgery station (career reward)?
Venusy
Dead Member

Despite the name, I am male.Do not call me "miss".

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 November 09, 14:28:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What about the plastic surgery station (career reward)?

That only modifies facial structure, not the skintone.

"They say only the good die young. If that works both ways, I'm immortal."

ISTP - Independent, concise in speech, master of tools.
Oddysey
Nitwitted Nuisance

Robotic Baby Harp Seal!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 November 09, 22:45:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Would Bobcatben's Lab, at Genensims, have what you're thinking of?
verdaeni
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 November 10, 23:06:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

in theory you could do it with simenhancer (which is only compatible with gl now).  but i changed someones skintone and though it looked very simple, it made the house unplayable.  otherwise its a very good tool,  very easy to clean the 3 copies of the same character you end up with.  never corrupted anything deleting chars.

Life is tough.
Life is Tougher if you act STUPID.
spookymuffin
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 November 13, 11:08:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Would Bobcatben's Lab, at Genensims, have what you're thinking of?

Thats close, its just that I need it especially for skintones that are linked to meshes, body-builder etc.
I just want it so that no sim can be born with a custom body mesh skintone, but for me to be able to decide who becomes a body-builder or athlete.

"Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge: it is those who know little, and not those who know much, who so positively assert that this or that problem will never be solved by science." - Charles Darwin
LynnMar
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 November 13, 13:14:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I always use simenhancer to change my skin tones.   I have had no problems using it.   I sure do miss it,   I hope Rick updates it soon.   I have e-mailed him but have not heard back from him yet.

fingers crossed and waiting.   Wink
spookymuffin
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 November 13, 16:13:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ive never tried the simsenhancer, does it work for linked skintones aswell as regular custom skins?

miros
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 November 14, 15:13:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think it's still a free trial, so you can test it if you like.  Just don't install it until you're ready to do your test -- 48 hours passes faster than you think!
LynnMar
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 November 14, 22:41:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

yes it works for all skintones.  That is how I get my blue and green and pink townies.    Grin

Yes, there is a free download but it will not work for Pets, it says "you have a later ep than for this one"  or something like that.   

I have the purchased copy but he has only updated to OFB,  he has not made the one for Pets yet.
Plum
Juvenile Jackass

WTF is she on about now?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: 2006 November 15, 00:16:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Someone just posted a new one on MTS2.

spookymuffin
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 November 15, 09:25:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks plum, I'll check that out later since MTS2 appears to be down

OpiumGirl
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 November 16, 23:59:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Plum, do you possibly have a link to that?
Modthesims's search function is the worst in the entire universe!
seelindarun
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 November 17, 20:24:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't know if this is the link you were looking for:

http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=203624

It's Christianlov's custom skintone selector.  It's advertised as changing skintones in-game with a number of static custom skin choices.  It doesn't change genetics, and warns against using skins with custom meshes.  Haven't tried it out thoroughly, as my only interest is in re-skinning a few servos.
Swiftgold
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006 November 18, 17:45:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

yes it works for all skintones.  That is how I get my blue and green and pink townies.    Grin

Yes, there is a free download but it will not work for Pets, it says "you have a later ep than for this one"  or something like that.   

I have the purchased copy but he has only updated to OFB,  he has not made the one for Pets yet.

I hope he updates it, too. I'm able to use SimPe to fix the genetics now but at one point the Enhancer was the only thing that would change skintone DNA for me at all. I had a born-in-game Sim with Maxis genetics only who went from S1 to S3 all randomly, and no amount of SimSurgery would fix it. I was also able to remake the custom skins I first made before the game even came out to match the default replacements I got later, and reassign them to everyone really easily.

The DNA part is giving me errors now (probably because I've been adjusting my custom genetics so they don't pass down so much, and trimming out the repeats from the hair) and I've heard it may not be updated, which makes me sad because it's way easier to use the drop-down menus than futzing with SimPe Tongue (I also have no idea how to use SimPe to do the other thing I use the Enhancer for, which is setting the length of age groups differently, ie 8 days for teenagers and a varying amount of adult days depending on the Sim, but if I ever install Pets I'll kinda have to...)
OpiumGirl
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2006 November 18, 18:00:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't know if this is the link you were looking for:

http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=203624

It's Christianlov's custom skintone selector.  It's advertised as changing skintones in-game with a number of static custom skin choices.  It doesn't change genetics, and warns against using skins with custom meshes.  Haven't tried it out thoroughly, as my only interest is in re-skinning a few servos.

Ah, there is it...thank you.
I remembered seeing it.  But, the thing is, you need to keep the object in game for the skintones to stick....
I really hope to see one that actually changes the genetics and allows you to use any skintone you want.
Still, it's a step in the right direction.  I've been dying to see this in game because every-so-often I end up throwing away a bunch of skintones that I think I'm not using, only to find out in game that my black family of sims is now a pasty white.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: