More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 08:08:53

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  It's an OT party!!!!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: It's an OT party!!!!  (Read 14787 times)
Trubble
Ferret Impersonator
Terrible Twerp

:P

View Profile
Re: It's an OT party!!!!
« Reply #25 on: 2005 September 19, 15:49:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*throws a few circus midgets at you* not your pet Tongue

A proud thread pirate.
Marquis
Twain
Ferret Impersonator
Terrible Twerp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: 2005 September 19, 15:53:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

keep that attitude up and back to the freezer you will go
and you wont get your keyboard back either.  Wink

Good breeding consists of concealing how much we think of ourselves and how little we think of the other person. - Mark Twain
www.thesporum.net
HRH Posie
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: 2005 September 19, 15:53:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had no idea that guinea pigs growled.  Shocked Wow! You learn something new every day. Since I've never had a guinea pig I didn't realize they have so much personality. Though I've had people say the same thing to me about rats.

Apart from growling he can throw a tantrum very well.  He has set meal times and should you want a few minutes extra in bed you will know about it.  If he decides he wants some extra fresh food and you give him hay, he will kick it all around the cage and make stroppy sounding noises while jumping up and down.  It's very amusing to watch.  He also only likes certain parts of his food mix so he will push the bits he doesn't like out of the bowl with his nose Cheesy

He loves sitting on my lap and having his fur combed.  He is two in a couple of weeks but when he was smaller he used to love sitting on my shoulder.  He would sit there while I fed him slivers of cucumber.  Should anyone touch me he goes berserk.  He has tried biting Peter's fingers before now just for sitting next to me.

"Does nothing work outside of London? Hmm? Apparently not." Natasha Glenville, Bridget Jones
Trubble
Ferret Impersonator
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2005 September 19, 15:59:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You know what'll happen if you're mean to me, so I'd stop  now Tongue

A proud thread pirate.
Marquis
Twain
Ferret Impersonator
Terrible Twerp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: 2005 September 19, 16:06:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You know what'll happen if you're mean to me, so I'd stop  now Tongue

what you are going to throw a hissy fit, and whine and complain?  I'm not scared.

Good breeding consists of concealing how much we think of ourselves and how little we think of the other person. - Mark Twain
www.thesporum.net
Trubble
Ferret Impersonator
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2005 September 19, 16:16:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Guess again sucka! Think whales Wink

A proud thread pirate.
sara_dippity
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2005 September 19, 17:43:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A guinea pig is one of the few pets I've never owned. Now I think I want one of those instead of a bunny. Can they be housebroken? Rabbits only can with urine, but their poo is so easy to just sweep up with a dustpan it's no bother. Though I have to think about my toddler playing with the "rasins" when I think of getting a bunny.

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
HRH Posie
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: 2005 September 19, 18:09:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Urine yes, poo no unfortunately.  They produce small, hard pellets however they do go quite often Grin

"Does nothing work outside of London? Hmm? Apparently not." Natasha Glenville, Bridget Jones
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2005 September 20, 06:06:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

witch, you're fucking brave. Ferrets are worse than toddlers. Damn things need ridlin.
Smiley Do you mean ritalin, the drug to slow kids down? Yeah ferrets are hard out all right. Two speeds, stop and full on! She certainly wasn't a cuddly pet. My two cats, each at least twice QT's size, were terrified of her.

Kindred spirit definitely. I used to think of her and a few minutes later, she'd arrive from wherever she'd been in the house. When I had breast cancer QT used to keep me amused for hours, really hard to be self-pitying when you're towel surfing a ferret round the house.

I've had rats too. When I was young, 19 or so, I got a couple of rats from the Uni after the psych students had finished with them for the year. (The rats couldn't be used for a second year of students 'cos they'd already done all the experiments of course). James Cagney and his moll. They were cool too. I named James after a cartoon I saw, one rat holding a gun on another rat muttering, 'You Cagney, you dirty Cagney you'. (This will only make sense to readers over a certain age).

James the rat used to like a toke, he'd sit on my shoulder and pat my cheek so I'd blow the smoke past his nose and he'd sniff. Had another rat when we first got the ferret, she'd just hang on his cage drooling, gave him conniptions so we had to find the rat a new home.

When I was a child - about 11 - we had an opposum. It was rescued from it's mother's pouch after she was killed. My mother hand reared it. I tried the same about three weeks ago for an orphaned possum, but unfortunately little TooSoon didn't make it. The b/f's idiot sister tried cutting it's nails and it got a blood infection. Possums are awesome too, can be housetrained and very smart and friendly. My father built a cage around a small tree so it could also live outdoors. It used to sit on our shoulders and clean our ears. Amazing prehensile tails, almost like a fifth limb.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
speedreader
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2005 September 20, 19:38:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Now wait, we have a rabbit who pees and poos in the litter.  And we have had one piggy who peed in the litter also.  Most will not in our experience.

I have a Beveren rabbit - very large breed.  He and the cat play tag around the house.  The cat actually *tags* and the bunny kind of head butts.  Pretty funny to watch.  Especially since the bunny is bigger than the cat.
sara_dippity
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2005 September 20, 19:57:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

AND poos! Wow, you are lucky, that's rare. None of my seven housebunnies did that. One almost did, but had a few mishaps.
I had a bunny who had a dog for a best friend. They did the tag thing too. It was a mini lop, so pretty funny to watch the little bunny chase the big dog. They would wear themselves out then go cuddle under a tree. It was a neighbors dog, so about once a week I took my bunny for a "playdate".

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
JavaChild
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2005 September 21, 04:06:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Miniature Dachshunds can also be litter trained... She just hated the harsh elements of the great outdoors and would rather take her punishment than get a smidge wet, shiver in the snow, or risk melting on a sunny day. So my boyfriend finally trained her to use a litter box and it's been smooth sailing ever since. Our lab continually shakes his head at the doxie in disbelief - and I hafta admit that I still roll my own eyes too but at least I'm not cleaning up messes anymore.
Azkar
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2005 September 21, 18:44:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I feel so plain and ordinary, now, just having the two cats.  We had a dog, too, but had to put her down last year :/.

We took care of a friend's ferret and another friend's iguanna for a while.  They scared the hell out of me.  The iguanna hated us, would posture and attack the glass of his tank whenever we were in the room, and bit my hand when I was putting food in it's tank.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: