More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 11:17:15

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Rant: Hacks are ignored by Nightlife
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Rant: Hacks are ignored by Nightlife  (Read 23420 times)
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
Re: Rant: Hacks are ignored by Nightlife
« Reply #50 on: 2005 September 20, 08:25:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm with Zeljka and laeshanin and the others.  Zeljka, didn't you just get Uni installed?  How is that going?
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 2005 September 20, 10:50:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My Uni is running smoothly, with all the hacks I need (not many, but the important ones). I just enjoy playing the game now. I have already fourth generation in PleasantView (Dustin is about to become elder), and so far no trouble at all.
I buldozed all the pre-made houses, moved to the family bin all the sims I don't want to play with (mainly Don, Dreamer, and the Calientes - I don't have the heart to kill them, lol), and already resurrected Mortie twice...Smiley.
So far I have about 370 sims in the neighbourhood - still far from the dangerous 800.
Zeljka
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 2005 September 21, 04:52:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm with Zeljka and laeshanin and the others. Zeljka, didn't you just get Uni installed? How is that going?

Actually, I bought them both tonight but just found out I have to leave town for the week so they're still in the bag.
I have to finish cleaning out my neighbourhoods ( 4 or 5 customs that are fairly extensive) and will install University when I get back.  I'm hoping that by the time I get tired of it (or tired of all the new things I can download with it), everything will be updated for Nightlife and I can just throw it on then.

Remember first that the greatest inequality is to treat unequal things equally
windy_moon
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 2005 September 21, 17:00:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually, I bought them both tonight but just found out I have to leave town for the week so they're still in the bag.
I have to finish cleaning out my neighbourhoods ( 4 or 5 customs that are fairly extensive) and will install University when I get back.  I'm hoping that by the time I get tired of it (or tired of all the new things I can download with it), everything will be updated for Nightlife and I can just throw it on then.

Exactly what I did, bought them both at the same time.  Cool

My NL box is well hidden from my children so they can't nag me to install it...operating with your theory that when I'm bored with the newness of Uni stuff, NL updates will be ready.

(Don't expect I can show the same discipline about the Business expansion though. I can't wait for that one.  )

Reality is for those who lack imagination.
nothingbutsims
« Reply #54 on: 2005 September 21, 17:22:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You're all too disciplined for me.  As soon as Uni was out, I went and got it, installed and played it.  Did the same with NL.  I just work around the bugs.  There's always gonna be some bugs out there.  If not, JM would be bored.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 2005 September 21, 17:47:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

(Don't expect I can show the same discipline about the Business expansion though. I can't wait for that one.  )

I agree, that one interests me a heck of a lot more than the first 2, which seem more like the obligatory crappy first two add-ons that don't change a heck of a lot (ie Livin' Large & House Party).

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
Hook
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 2005 September 21, 21:57:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I love business sims.  From Lemonade Stand on the Apple 2, Cartels & Cutthroats, Capitalism 1 and 2 and Plus, Free Enterprise, probably some I'm forgetting.  I can't wait for a combination business simulation and Sims 2.

I figure I'll buy all the expansion packs as soon as they're available.  At least I'll be able to help test for new bugs that way.

Uni was quite different from the original game, and Nightlife seems to have added a few new features, not as many as Uni tho.  I don't regret buying either of them.

Hook

If some is good and more is better, then too much ought to be just about right.
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 2005 September 21, 22:16:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hook, if you like so much business games, can I recommend you two awesome games, issued by a smal company, Jowood: "Hotel Giant - Maximum Capacity", and "Restaurant Empire". I have them both, and played them about a year, instead of buying the EPs of TS1.

http://www.jowood.com/gamers/?lang=en&site=2&GameID=hotelgiant&pfid=PC

Scroll at the left column (more games) and you'll find also many business games. There are also "sims" (your clients), and different scenarios which you have to win.
Most of us, the ex-simmers, passed to play these games, and we didn't regret it at all.
Hook
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 2005 September 21, 22:38:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've got a copy of Industry Giant that I got free because I worked at iMagic.  As I recall, it wasn't that good.  I suspect Hotel Giant and Restaurant Giant would be much better.  I got two of the Capitalism games free the same way. Smiley

These games seem to be more resource management games (as is Sims 2) instead of business sims, where you have to consider the laws of supply and demand.

Hook

If some is good and more is better, then too much ought to be just about right.
windy_moon
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 2005 September 21, 22:46:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I agree, that one interests me a heck of a lot more than the first 2, which seem more like the obligatory crappy first two add-ons that don't change a heck of a lot (ie Livin' Large & House Party).

If you're into Alien, Vampire & Zombie story lines the first couple EPs give you a shot at those....not my thing.  The part of NL that sounds cool to me is adding more complexity to the interpersonal relations in stories...but I know I'm gonna need some kind of hack to keep everybody from hating everybody else.  I don't kill Sims off (unless they are townies *angel*) and I'm not turned on by stockpiling enemies.

Building businesses that can be passed on through the generations, now that lights my chandelier.  I haven't played a ton of business games, but most of them burn out after not a long while...and I haven't played one that let you get immersed in the lives of the characters while playing business strategy.

Hope the strategy isn't lame.  Want tough strategy.

*fingers crossed, foot tapping for the next EP*

Reality is for those who lack imagination.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: