More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 11:46:16

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  no instant love more like no love EVER!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: no instant love more like no love EVER!  (Read 26369 times)
laeshanin
FURRY!
Malodorous Moron

Fook me, it took long enough to get a title!

View Profile
Re: no instant love more like no love EVER!
« Reply #25 on: 2006 November 09, 15:46:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have it on DVD, girl! Loooong time fan of the x-men since I was knee high to a grasshopper and always had the hots for Logan... Yum, yum, yum, yum.

Meh...
siggylove
Furry!
Knuckleheaded Knob

Mr Flibble's very cross

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2006 November 09, 16:17:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have it on DVD, girl! Loooong time fan of the x-men since I was knee high to a grasshopper and always had the hots for Logan... Yum, yum, yum, yum.

I'm with you there!

I'm a bit disappointed with the plot lines of the films as the stories are so way off base from the comics, other than that, I watch them purely for the Logan factor.  He can call me Bub anytime he wants to!

I used to read a lot of Judge Dredd and Tank Girl too (really bad films, though), I miss my comic days Cry

I'd rather have a full bottle in front of me, than a full frontal lobotamy
CrabOfDoom
Asinine Airhead

death by tray it shall be

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2006 November 09, 19:21:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just in case anyone didn't know, you can use the Gender Preference Kite at MTS2 to reset sims to like one gender a little more, a lot more, completely, or return them to neutral. It's a buyable object, and not a global. You can even sell it back once you're done.
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2006 November 09, 19:56:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The ACR mod by twojeffs even allows you to set the gender preference for all Sims in the 'hood, with a predefined percentage of straight, bi-, and homosexual.
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2006 November 10, 00:19:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What's really driving me mad at the moment is that the threshold for sims to accept woohoo seems to be a lot lower than the threshold for accepting make out.
Townies just will not let my romance sim make out with them without being in love, even after they have gone to bed with her and had a go in the changing booth.
An engagement seems to count as love even when no love has actually occurred, so married or engaged couples can make out even if they don’t like each other, but this slut can't make out with random townies no matter how hard she tries.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
Process Denied
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2006 November 15, 08:22:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

--Quote was suppose to relate to the first post-----That situation seems right to me because Aries(the girl) is attracted to Gemini(the boy) but he is repulsed by her.  It makes since that she would be head over heals for him but he wouldn't be excited about her(same happened between Jodie Larson and Malcolm Landgraab--she had to get over it and let him marry the romance picses that made him go head over heels.  The bolts are one sided in this instance(also from turn ons)--doesn't make for a very exciting relationship.
Swiftgold
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2006 November 18, 04:12:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm, I just put in noinstantlove for the first time and also ACR. A bunch of Sims at college, and the one guy decided to head for the bed with a best friend instead of his girlfriend - the second time they tried this, I allowed it. He fell in love with her (they were at 90/100 or so) but she apparently fell in love with herself. I'm not sure which hack caused that one...
Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2006 November 18, 04:34:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just had the "no love ever" phenomenon with a fortune sim. She wanted to invite this guy over (relationship was about 90/65), and the moment he came over they had an ACR encounter on the couch. He fell in love with her, but even when they were 100/100 and she was rolling wants to marry him, she wasn't in love. She got a crush on him after they were married, but she still isn't in love with him.

V
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2006 November 18, 04:50:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes. It is hard to let my sims marry someone they want to marry when they are clearly not in love.

But it makes sense with a fortune sim if the person he (or she) wants to marry has a decent income.

I take no instant love out and put it back in on a whimsical basis depending on my mood of the day. I have a special folder for hacks I "am not sure I want". I have a whole other folder for "hacks I can't have when the kids are awake" Roll Eyes

I want people to stop saying, "Son of a bitch". Instead we should say "Son of an ASS" because that is more accurate. Spread the word!

jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2006 November 18, 15:28:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Add me to the list -- I had a Uni couple do the same thing.  Both had crushes, relationship 100/80+ for each of them, he falls in love, she doesn't.  Had to use insim to make her in love with him so they could get engaged before he graduated.

I do have noinstantloves in the game -- I'm going to take it out (I like your 'hacks I'm not sure of' directory idea Wink ) and see if the problem happens again.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Nauthiz
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2006 November 18, 17:00:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A Sim can propose to his love even if the other one doesn't love him back, at least in my game. I've never had a refusal just because of lackingf mutual love. Since they're engaged, anyone of them can initiate wedding. I had a few Sims married without having even a crush to their spouses. No more "he just took my hand and I knew he was the love of my life" stuff. I love noinstantloves.  Cheesy

Me: One of my Sims just made a fire in the kitchen.
My Grandma: How? Did he burn a dishcloth?
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2006 November 18, 18:50:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A Sim can propose to his love even if the other one doesn't love him back, at least in my game. I've never had a refusal just because of lacking mutual love.

That may be true as adults, but I'm not sure about as YAs -- I'd have to check on that.  And I have had refusals if the LTR is below 70 or so, so it does happen.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2006 November 18, 18:51:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can't imagine why you'd even ATTEMPT it without near 100/100, so I can't say I've ever seen a refuse.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2006 November 18, 19:28:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wasn't on purpose -- the female sim was furious with the male because of a puddle he left in the bathroom (this was before I discovered nopuddlerage), and I didn't realize that her LTR had dropped when I had him propose.  A couple of days later everything was fine, they got engaged and married, and went to to be one of my two founding CAS families in Pleasantview.

But there's still the problem now of sims with 100/100 having a crush and only one falls in love with the other.  No amount of romantic interactions can get the other to fall in love without 'outside help'.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2006 November 18, 20:33:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've found that alternating between which sim is doing the romanticating seems to work.  As in boy romanticates girl until one has a crush, then girl romanticates boy, and so on.  It seems to reduce the extent of the one-sidedness, but it's tricky when one sim is a townie, or a currently not being played playable, etc.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2006 November 19, 05:36:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

These were both playables, living in the same greek house, and ACR was sending them to the phone booth just about every moment they were free. 100/100, two bolts, a crush, and no matter who initiated the romantic actions, she never fell in love.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2006 November 19, 05:39:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've found that alternating between which sim is doing the romanticating seems to work.  As in boy romanticates girl until one has a crush, then girl romanticates boy, and so on.  It seems to reduce the extent of the one-sidedness, but it's tricky when one sim is a townie, or a currently not being played playable, etc.
Eh, who cares what some townie thinks, as long as you can still score?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Jack Rudd
Grammar Police

Grammar Militia

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: 2006 November 19, 12:51:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just had the "no love ever" phenomenon with a fortune sim. She wanted to invite this guy over (relationship was about 90/65), and the moment he came over they had an ACR encounter on the couch. He fell in love with her, but even when they were 100/100 and she was rolling wants to marry him, she wasn't in love. She got a crush on him after they were married, but she still isn't in love with him.
That sounds quite in-character for Fortune Sims. "Who cares about love?" they ask. "Marriage is so you can get supported by a high-income partner."

Twice West of England chess champion
FIDE rating 2328
Official MATY Predictable Puellile Poser
In Memoriam: WFM Jessie Gilbert, 1987-2006
V
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2006 November 19, 16:37:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That sounds quite in-character for Fortune Sims. "Who cares about love?" they ask. "Marriage is so you can get supported by a high-income partner."

Yes, OR, "Marriage is an opportunity to combine incomes and increase wealth in a more expedient manner."

I want people to stop saying, "Son of a bitch". Instead we should say "Son of an ASS" because that is more accurate. Spread the word!

Process Denied
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2006 November 21, 06:51:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This prob is weird cause I have sims falling in love all over the place.  I have ACR and no instant loves--it also could be some other hack I have that over rides these hacks.  If I have one sim falling in love before the other--it's only momentarily.  I wish that I have that prob sometimes--I have married sims falling in love with one bolt townies--stupid especially since they are married to a three bolt.  Lisa Ramirez woohooed with a two bolt right in front of her husband and daughter--I laughed at their neighborhood picture-- both Checo and Tessa had their backs to her--serves her right!!!
Lythdan
Lipless Loser

Fingers in ears!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: 2006 November 21, 12:02:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I used to use noinstantlove, but decided that it took too long... Undecided I did get to see some rather funny rejected couch makeout scenes while I was using it though. Cheesy The boy was in love with the girl and tried to makeout on the couch with her, but she didn't even have a crush on him, and kicked him in the stomach. Wink Resulted in a very funny set of pics.

Photobucket has a dirty mind.
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2006 December 05, 18:13:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Got another case of one-sided love… highly irritating. I'm taking this one out.
Swiftgold
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2006 December 05, 18:19:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It hasn't seemed to be working for me lately, though maybe it's just this one Sim. She's been possessed by the ACR and does any Sim that moves and has at least two bolts with her (half the neighborhood) but even with this hack in, she pretty much falls in love with all of them, and they with her, no matter if she has a high LTR with them or not (by the time they're in bed it's always a high STR). And she's a fortune Sim so all these loves don't even fill wants! Tongue
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: