More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 12:40:21

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  no instant love more like no love EVER!
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: no instant love more like no love EVER!  (Read 26372 times)
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
no instant love more like no love EVER!
« on: 2006 November 08, 08:39:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

grrr!  I'm not sure what is wrong with this sim couple...  They are both at 100/100 with each other, she's in love and he can't even get a crush!

They have two bolts, she's knowledge, he's fortune.  She's a gemini, he's an aries.

I have decided that this pair of sims shall be together, but the game won't play ball, dammit!

What have I got to do to get him to fall in love?  Apart from taking noinstantloves out for a bit.
Havelock
Lipless Loser

View Profile
Re: no instant love more like no love EVER!
« Reply #1 on: 2006 November 08, 10:56:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had the same in my game, but it was he in love she not even thinking about him. After it got fixed they were tree bolters. Somtimes they behave strange. Let them interakt romanitically and wooho. Maybe it works. As it worked in my game. i think the get stuck in some way.
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 November 08, 11:16:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I also have the onsided love in my game. I don't understand how the mod is supposed to work at all.
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 November 08, 11:21:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know that it's supposed to prevent the one flirt and you're instantly head over heals in love with that sim kind of thing...  but it just seems to me that it's gone a little too far.

I had the exact same thing happen with another couple, too.

Half an hour (real time, not sim time) of macro romaticating and she loved him, he still hadn't got even a crush, both of them were at 100/100 for each other.  Situation seemed to resolve when I gave them both a dose of love potion 8.5.  Not sure if it was coincidence or not, but it's an extremely infuriating situation!
dizzy
Souped!

unplugged

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 November 08, 11:48:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe it's another "improvement" in the design.  Wink

Kaliban
Blathering Buffoon

I have horrible grammar, and a french accent

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 November 08, 12:06:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't know if it is related, and don't know either if its the Pet Ep that changes the way thiings work, or one the hacks I updated since I have it, but I have problems with making sims friends. Have had a sim go to 100/80 with another, and no friend relationship. Probably the relations were not high enough on the other side, but it was strange. It seems now easier to make friends by phone than face to face.
Also, I have problems with friendly hugs, failing even between old time friends, or same family members. I am under the maybe misleading impression that the friendly hug now checks for gender preferences.
First time it happened was with a pregnant woman, when her beloved mother tried to hug her. She did not accept , too, when her mother tried to talk to the baby. I thought it was something special to pregnancy, and took note, but since, I've seen fathers refuse to touch their sons...
Don't know if it is a bug or just that don't understand the game as well as I tought. It is fun anyway, and reminds me of real life situations.

Any view of things that is not strange, is false.
trudy
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 November 08, 12:24:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

hm.. canīt relate. I wish it would happen in my game. maybe my sims are to nice and outgoing, but even with noinstantloves they keep falling in love all over the place because of ACR.
Donīt force them, you get what you deserve, they donīt want to ;-p
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 November 08, 12:54:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sounds like what happened to me: http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,6308.0.html

It did annoy me a bit in the beginning, but it does add realism to the game, and I'd rather have realism than see my master plan fulfilled.
I also had some problems with a romance sim who wanted to fall in love with the llama mascot, and of course; her wish is my command.  She fell in love with him just fine, she managed to woohoo him both publicly and in private, they had three dream dates, but he would not under any circumstances make out with her.  With the help of a love potion and a hottub (one of his turn-ons was swimwear) I managed to trick him into it at last.
I've never bothered with love potions before.  Now they're suddenly useful.

My problem is probably that I made all my townies from scratch, making sure they didn't have any major flaws that keep them from being breeding material in a pinch.  So everyone has at least 7 active points and 5 or more neat points, meaning they all have sacrificed something in the other departments, and nice and playful tend to be the first to go.
Although, the llama mascot was auto generated, so that's just the game's fault.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
dream_operator
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 November 08, 12:55:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Personally I think the noinstantlove takes it too far in the other direction.  I also don't like how easy it is to fall in love in the game, but with noinstant love it became WAY too hard.  I noticed that sims wouldn't accept flirts ever because none of their gender preferences were set.  Well how are you suppose to set their gender preference without flirting?? Yeah I know you can with the insimenator and such, but I like to do these things within the game.  I have since taken out no instant love because I thought it was too unrealisitic in the other direction.  I mean there is sometimes love at first site you know...or instant attraction where you want to flirt with this other person.  That is why the game makers put in the chemistry bit, so sims that were really attracted to each other would flirt more easliy and fall in love quicker.  Yet it seemed to me that the hack didn't take chemistry into the equasion at all.  I could be wrong though because I took it out after trying only a few times to get a few my sims to crush on each other.  And yes I noticed that they wouldn't hug their friends too.

Dream

There is no meaning in our world for us who live there. No meaning at all. -Ulquiorra
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 November 08, 12:58:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The easiest way to set gender prefs is flirt - check out Sim. Since this is one-sided it has no chance of rejection, but does set the preference.
Just check out the gender you want your Sim to fall for, or both genders for a bisexual Sim.
siggylove
Furry!
Knuckleheaded Knob

Mr Flibble's very cross

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 November 08, 13:38:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In reality isn't a lot of love unrequited?  I'm hopelessly in love with Harrison Ford but the bastard never even looks at me Sad

I'd rather have a full bottle in front of me, than a full frontal lobotamy
dream_operator
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 November 08, 13:42:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh yeah, Jordie! I completely forgot about that one.  I suppose that is because I rarely use it since it doesn't satisfy the "flirt" want.

siggylove, yes it is sadly true in my life all of the time.  That is why I don't want it that way in the game.  I want to fulfil those fantasies somewhere! Wink

There is no meaning in our world for us who live there. No meaning at all. -Ulquiorra
twooflower
Exasperating Eyesore

INTJ and/or P

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: 2006 November 08, 18:42:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had the same problem in my game with noinstantlove.  The playable sim was the one that didn't even have a crush, although he did have a one bolt attraction for the girl and a 100/100 relationship on his side.  She already had a crush on him early in the relationship.  I eventually overcame the problem by having him drink some love potion.  I was surprised it worked, but it did.  After a few romantic interactions with the girl, he finally fell in love.  I was just glad there was still a way to make it work.

Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 November 08, 19:02:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I suggest you to check with the SimPe if the male sim prefers males better than females.
I had this experiense once with Nervous (only once). He couldn't fall in love with the female, although their relationship was 100/100, and I wanted them to get married.
I checked his character, and found that his gender preference is 10 for men, 0 for women. Only after I fixed it to 25 for women and -10 for men - he fell in love and wanted to get engaged and marry.
Andygal
Deformed Freak
Nitwitted Nuisance

Now with new and improved avatar!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 November 08, 19:51:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

SimPE is not pets compatible yet AFAIK.
miros
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006 November 08, 20:09:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

SimPE is not pets compatible yet AFAIK.

You absolutely cannot open up a neighborhood with it.  However, you can still recolor with it.  Haven't tried opening one character yet.

If you use ACR, you can check their sexual preference within the game.
V
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2006 November 08, 20:13:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I suggest you to check with the SimPe if the male sim prefers males better than females.
...I checked his character, and found that his gender preference is 10 for men, 0 for women. Only after I fixed it to 25 for women and -10 for men - he fell in love and wanted to get engaged and marry.

Why go to all the trouble of SimPE? You can check his stats in the game and you can change them by having him repeatedly flirt with the gender you want him to be attracted to. It is simple and fast.

I want people to stop saying, "Son of a bitch". Instead we should say "Son of an ASS" because that is more accurate. Spread the word!

Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2006 November 08, 20:27:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

V--, you're forgetting how Gali works...  Her sig says it all.

Simpe, for now, is useless.  The noinstantloves hack seems to be a little too strong...  Sure, we can get around it by using love potions, but up until that point in time my game hadn't needed to generate a gypsy matchmaker, and as I use twojeff's crystal ball, I'd never have needed one - now I have one  Undecided

gah!
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2006 November 08, 22:57:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The current development version (V for Vendetta) appears to be Pets compatible.
Nivaya
Exasperating Eyesore

INFP

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2006 November 08, 23:37:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, it bothered me and I got rid of it...I had a couple who liked each other enough to get engaged, and he had a crush on her and so on, but she made such a big fuss whenever he tried any kind of heavy flirting or 'petting' with her...>.<

Like a balloon..and....something bad happens!!!
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2006 November 09, 01:22:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Personally I think the noinstantlove takes it too far in the other direction.  I also don't like how easy it is to fall in love in the game, but with noinstant love it became WAY too hard.  I noticed that sims wouldn't accept flirts ever because none of their gender preferences were set.
Sims with no gender preference should accept anyway. Noinstantlove does not affect acceptance, only whether you get the hearts from it. If your gender preference is NEGATIVE, the Romance Mod imposes an increasingly hefty penalty to acceptance, for obvious reasons. That is a seperate hack.

Well how are you suppose to set their gender preference without flirting?? Yeah I know you can with the insimenator and such, but I like to do these things within the game.  I have since taken out no instant love because I thought it was too unrealisitic in the other direction.  I mean there is sometimes love at first site you know...or instant attraction where you want to flirt with this other person.  That is why the game makers put in the chemistry bit, so sims that were really attracted to each other would flirt more easliy and fall in love quicker. Yet it seemed to me that the hack didn't take chemistry into the equasion at all.
It does. In fact, it depends nearly entirely on the attraction. The percent chance of being hit on any given flirt is a percent based on the attraction level, plus personality and aspirational modifiers. For "good" match you should see chances well in the 30% or better range, which should happen pretty fast since every attack has a 30% chance of hitting. For a LOUSY match, like those crappy "one bolt" ones....eh, don't bet on it. 1 bolt generally means a really shitty match with one-sided attraction only.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
miros
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2006 November 09, 01:31:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, it bothered me and I got rid of it...I had a couple who liked each other enough to get engaged, and he had a crush on her and so on, but she made such a big fuss whenever he tried any kind of heavy flirting or 'petting' with her...>.<

Let her "make the moves."
letitia
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2006 November 09, 01:42:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

in my game all my sims still fall in love easily when they flirt --" i don't know why, i already use noinstantloves and romancemod. must i set something for noinstantloves to work? coz i don't know how to set it, don't see any tools to set noinstantloves..
laeshanin
FURRY!
Malodorous Moron

Fook me, it took long enough to get a title!

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2006 November 09, 14:47:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In reality isn't a lot of love unrequited?  I'm hopelessly in love with Harrison Ford but the bastard never even looks at me Sad

Me either. And it's the same with Hugh Jackman...fuckwit.  Tongue

Meh...
siggylove
Furry!
Knuckleheaded Knob

Mr Flibble's very cross

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2006 November 09, 15:26:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Me either. And it's the same with Hugh Jackman...fuckwit.  Tongue

Lol laeshanin!  Did you watch X2 last night?  I loved Wolverine in the comics and I couldn't envision anyone playing his part in the film (unless it was a rejuvenated Jack Nicholson) but Hugh Jackman was brilliant as Logan and well, hot.

*fans self

I'd rather have a full bottle in front of me, than a full frontal lobotamy
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: