More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 21:49:50

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Car woohooing and date wants questions
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Car woohooing and date wants questions  (Read 12831 times)
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
Re: Car woohooing and date wants questions
« Reply #25 on: 2006 November 28, 20:06:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The custom cars are most likely the problem.  I've ended up dumping just about all of them from my game because most cause some error or another eventually (usually stuck motor sounds, but I've had sims come home and the car vanished, or came home an hour after they did, and the didn't get credit for being at work).  Try replacing the car with a Maxis one and see if you still have the problem.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
anyeone
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: 2006 November 28, 22:35:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*grin*  I'm female and there is a difference between fucking and making love, and it ain't passion.
There is plenty of passion in both, in fact, I would argue that fucking is pure passion, done raw and "dirty" for the purposes of gratification, regardless of any emotional ties between the participants.  There can be, or may not be, depending on the circumstances.

Whereas "making love" has a whole bunch of emotional stuff rolled into it by the nature of the words.  A one-night stand is never "making love".  It's fucking.  However, a married couple may fuck or make love depending on their mood and their personal tastes.

Personally, I prefer fucking, even with my husband.  "Making love" conjures all these cheesy soft images of very vanilla and boring sex.

I'm not megalomaniacal, I just play that way.
neriana
Souped!

Donatello

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2006 November 28, 22:59:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So long as a guy doesn't call it "woohoo", I really don't care what he calls it.

I've experiments to run, there is research to be done on the people who are still alive.
seelindarun
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2006 November 28, 23:55:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ever notice how some men think of it as fucking, but don't really want to hear you say those words?  (Therefore, they don't call it that in your presence even though they might with others...)  Sims aren't the only silly ones.  Roll Eyes

BTW, not suggesting that has happened to anyone in this thread, just recalling one silly ex.  Grin

But as to why sims want to flirt or slow dance and then reject it, I interpret it as a wish to get to know you well enough to slow dance, flirt or whatever, rather than you know, let's get to it right now, right here under the bar...
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2006 November 29, 00:28:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Anyway, Sleepycat -- sorry for the confusion, I forgot the verb in that sentence! I meant that I wasn't sure I wanted all of what TJ's casual romance offers in my game.  I'll reread the whole thing again and if I have questions, I'll post them there.

I think if you tried ACR (+ the romancemod) you would find the game actually makes more sense in regards to romance.  It dosen't make all your sims into whores that will sleep with anything *laughs*

It's possible with ACR to have sims that will Not cheat on their spouse/lover and I can't think of any other hack that makes that possible, the game sure dosen't.

I started my blog about my hood because of a bug but because of ACR my hood and blog continues to entertain me and others. I have never played a hood for this long before! I always ended up restarting and never getting really attached to any of my sims because they didn't seem to really have any personality but now...it's so different I can't explain it other then to say it made my sims come alive to me, they are all different from each other now and they all have their little quirks. For the very first time I actually considered turning off aging  Shocked 

BastDawn
Retarded Reprobate

I'll stop by to read Awesomeland once in a while.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: 2006 November 29, 03:46:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey, I agree with JM -- I'ma woman and I NEVER uses the term "make love" - I think it's icky and puritanical and if I'm on a date and have been day dreaming about him he were to ask me, "wanna make love?", I'd be totally turned off because chances are my daydream would have a whole helluva lot more to do with fucking than with "making love".

Yeah, my example could have been better phrased.  It's not what's said, so much as not knowing you well enough (having a high enough LTR) to know what you'd like to hear.  Here's the same set up from the other angle:
You're on a date with a guy who is totally smokin' hot.  You're looking around for a good place to have sex, wondering if you want to take him home or just get right to the good stuff and do him up against the nearest wall... and then he turns to you and says, "Oh snuggy-wuggums!  Let's make sweet, sweet luuuuuv together!"   Tongue

And here's one just for JMP:
You're on a date with woman who has a scowl like a thunderstorm on a cloudy day.  You've taken her to the local firing range to compare hand weapons, and you've been talking for hours about military hardware and explosives.  You really want to have sex with her, so you start your flirting with a playful little push that slams her into the nearest wall.  As she glares at you with the cracked plaster flaking off behind her head, you put yourself into a battle stance, certain that she's about to make that romantic lunge for your throat... but then she flutters her eyelashes and whimpers, "Oh yes, hurt me!  Make me your helpless little ragdoll!"
Grin

But as to why sims want to flirt or slow dance and then reject it, I interpret it as a wish to get to know you well enough to slow dance, flirt or whatever, rather than you know, let's get to it right now, right here under the bar...
You say it more eloquently than I do, using fewer words.   Kiss

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2006 November 29, 11:42:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You're on a date with woman who has a scowl like a thunderstorm on a cloudy day.  You've taken her to the local firing range to compare hand weapons, and you've been talking for hours about military hardware and explosives.  You really want to have sex with her, so you start your flirting with a playful little push that slams her into the nearest wall.  As she glares at you with the cracked plaster flaking off behind her head, you put yourself into a battle stance, certain that she's about to make that romantic lunge for your throat... but then she flutters her eyelashes and whimpers, "Oh yes, hurt me!  Make me your helpless little ragdoll!"
Grin
Ooh, a dirty trick. Obviously, she has correctly anticipated that I would be prepared for a conventional counter-attack and wishes to place me off-guard by forcing me to take the offensive again. But I am a step ahead. I will whip a heavy object at her head in a quick-follow-up move to a feint lunge. While my opponent is unbalanced by the unexpected projectile, I will use the opportunity to finish closing the gap and headbutt with my cranial ridge an attempt to crack her skull.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
trudy
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2006 November 29, 12:12:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sometimes they even want to do things they still canīt. I also interpred it as "they want to get to the point where they cant". But I gess the real fact is that simīs are completely unaware of there wishes.
Ever told a sim to do something he was wishing for and he gave u that "What? are u serious??"-look?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2006 November 29, 12:14:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, there are no functions for a sim to actually identify what he wants and act on those. The reason why this is missing is utterly baffling, as it would seem to be a very trivial function to implement.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Kaliban
Blathering Buffoon

I have horrible grammar, and a french accent

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2006 November 29, 12:21:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ooh, a dirty trick. Obviously, she has correctly anticipated that I would be prepared for a conventional counter-attack and wishes to place me off-guard by forcing me to take the offensive again. But I am a step ahead. I will whip a heavy object at her head in a quick-follow-up move to a feint lunge. While my opponent is unbalanced by the unexpected projectile, I will use the opportunity to finish closing the gap and headbutt with my cranial ridge an attempt to crack her skull.

JM, your mating rituals remind me of Pierce Anthony's "Xanth" books - you could be a perfect Ogre lover. (except your intelligence would be seen as a default by ogresses)

Any view of things that is not strange, is false.
SpaceDoll
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2006 December 05, 07:29:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh?  I can only picture Kling-ons.  Okay, so I think they're sexy.
Merope
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2006 December 05, 16:14:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Also, has anyone encountered the following problem (which is monumentally annoying) and if so, is there a fix?  My sim is on a date and one of her date's wants is, for example, slow dance or flirt, so she attemps it (whatever the want is) and is rejected!  is this normal? it makes no sense!  This has actually happened several times in my game.  Huh
I'm fairly certain this is normal Sim behavior.  I've had two siblings who both wanted to hug each other, but didn't have the relationship numbers to pull it off.  Didn't matter who initiated it, the interaction was always rejected even though they both wanted it to happen. 

I've also had a Sim on a date who wanted to lose his woohoo blossom to the Sim he was on a date with.  Trouble is that their LTR relationship was only at about 60, too low for a successful woohoo attempt.  Weirdly, he was also afraid of falling out of love with the Sim, even though he wasn't in love with her.  I just assume it was some wackiness with their being at a 3 bolt attraction level.

In conclusion: The Sims, they be crazy sometimes.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2006 December 05, 16:46:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

JM, your mating rituals remind me of Pierce Anthony's "Xanth" books - you could be a perfect Ogre lover. (except your intelligence would be seen as a default by ogresses)
Oh?  I can only picture Kling-ons.  Okay, so I think they're sexy.
Obviously those mating rituals are based on my people and culture. Perhaps they are intended as mockery. Except unlike a Klingon, I wouldn't bother challenging someone to a duel over it.

Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: