More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 16, 22:36:27

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  How do YOU Pleasantview?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: How do YOU Pleasantview?  (Read 31545 times)
Nec
Malodorous Moron

I have no sense of humor.

View Profile
Re: How do YOU Pleasantview?
« Reply #50 on: 2006 November 11, 20:26:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, it requires NL and Uni.

Strangetown Bella is a completely different Bella. She is just your average non-playable, and never leaves Strangetown. They just put her there for the storyline.

As far as the ressurectable list: Those are the ghosts in the family cemetery at the Goth house - which is buggy - and oftentimes the tombstones will disappear. I resurrected all of them after that happened and re-killed them, but they all looked and acted normal while still "alive"  Shocked

Miros: You can't because she isn't listed in the phone directory. She is only alive before and during the date. After the date she is marked as dead. That is why you have to resurrect her.
vilia
Juvenile Jackass

Robin-chwaaan

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 2006 November 11, 22:37:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

All of the Pleasantview dead that I listed can be resurrected and they come back with personalities & no major disfigurments etc.  Whether you would actually want to resurrect them is up to you.

The ones you have to watch out for are the Strangetown & Veronaville resurrectable sims. Quite a few will show up with facial disfigurement & bald (a result of their hair not being included in the game) e.g. Lyla Grunt or no personality & the wrong gender e.g. Julius Caesar.
dizzy
Souped!

unplugged

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 2006 November 12, 11:57:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

All my default hoods: DELETED!

My current hood: soon to be DELETED!  Grin

vilia
Juvenile Jackass

Robin-chwaaan

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 2006 November 12, 12:57:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Curious minds wish to know...why?
dizzy
Souped!

unplugged

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 2006 November 12, 14:39:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't like all the clutter in the neighborhood picker screen. I like to keep my neighborhoods to a bare minimum.

Alexx
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 2006 November 12, 18:57:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I deleted all premaded hoods and started with custom.I think it's better way create own story line and easier control your
hood population.
Lady Moiraine
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: 2006 November 12, 20:02:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just restarted Pleasantview, and now I'm curious...  What do you do with your Pleasantview?  I'm looking for a few variations/funny stories/things that work out well in your game.

So how does Pleasantview fare in YOUR game?

I play all 3 'hoods in Strangetown.  I bring over Don, the Dreamers, the Caliente sisters along with Michael Bachelor, Broke along with Skip, the Goths, Pleasants but not the Burbs and from Uni I bring over the Frat Brothers and Jimmy Phoenix.

From Veronaville I bring over the Monty's along with Cladio and Olivia and the Capps with Caliban and Cordelia.  From Uni I bring over Jihoon LeTourneau, Friends, Sharpe and Student Housing.

Once they're in Strangetown, I do NPC replacements on Claudio, Olivia and sons, Caliban, Cordelia and kids, all the Albany Capp family and all of Antonio Monty and family.  I let Consort, Patrizio and Isabllla die right away for the ghosts, I can't get enough ghosts in the game it seems. Grin  I also do NPC replacements on all the Uni sims except Castor Nova, Jihoon LeTourneau and Edwin Sharpe.  I do NPC replacements on all of the Goth family and make Mortimer an adult instead of an elder and I do NPC replacements on the Caliente sisters, I make Michael Bachelor an adult instead of elder, I replace all the Pleasants' except Mary-Sue and I replace Darren Dreamer but not Dirk and I replace all the Brokes except Brandi but I make her a blonde.  In Strangetown, I replace all the Curious brothers, the Smith family except Jenny, the Grunt family, the Singles family, Ajay, Cyd Roseland, Chester Gieke, the Beakers and all of the Uni sims I play except 1 of the sims that used to be in the secret society but is not now with Pets but I still play him, he comes in the Strangetown La Fiesta Tech and he has the mohawk, he's a natural cutie.

In Strangetown, I also resurrect all the Tricou family except the grandmother and I leave the other ghost on the House of Fallen Trees lot.  I NPC replace everyonce except Kiernan and Kvornan and I make Jon Smith Tricou an adult instead of an elder.

I also replace Joel Jeffries, Cooper Olshfinki, Gerard Landry, Gary Walton and a couple others not to mention the original male grand vampires.  I keep the replacements saved so it really doesn't take me all that long but I like having all the main families together in one game.  I use Strangetown because I like the desert, you get plenty of grass in Bluewater Village and Downtown is a nice contrast of concrete.  In Bluewater Village I replace everyone except Gilbert's mom, I let her die right away for her ghost.   Grin

You probably don't want to know what I do with everyone once I have them replaced

Rose Outlaw
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 2006 November 16, 16:34:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

"Replaced" as in giving them a complete make-over or what point am I missing?
MaximilianPS
Undead Member

da grammar killer

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 2006 November 17, 11:04:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually i've made a sort of blog on my website where you can see who i play Smiley
the problem is that i wish to share the lots but i notice some compatiblity problems...
if you didn't have the same package that i've installed maybe it should crash Sad

actually i've installed every packages  Grin
Lady Moiraine
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: 2006 November 25, 19:42:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, an NPC replacement is where you use SimPE to genetically change the Maxis sims. 
For example, this was Vidcund's son before the replacement:

and after:

Before I had been either killing off most of the Maxis made families or simply trashcanning them, now I replace them.   Wink

Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: 2006 November 25, 20:03:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The problem with that method is that, as you've noticed, Bella has no personality points so she's an absolute bitch to deal with.  Better by far to tweak her personality in SimPE (hey, if a SimPE moron like me can do it, anyone can) and remove the I am Dead token from her memories, then use a teleporter (say, Inge's shrub) to summon and move Bella in.  You want more detail?  Lemme see if I can find a post on it...

That's all I did in my game. She's been a main player for some time and has gorgeous offspring with Joe.  Grin

I'd love to tell everything I did with my Pleasantville, but I'm too lazy today. Tongue

Metalkatt
Feckless Fool

INTP. Quiet, but deadly.

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 2006 November 25, 23:21:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm trying to see how messed up I can get it.  Cassie beat the crap out of Don and married Darren.  At the wedding, I noticed that Mortimer and Brandi were farting hearts at each other and had two bolts, and I figured that Mortimer could justify things by saying that he was just looking out for Bob and Betty's little girl.  So, they're hitched, but Brandi and Darren have three bolts.. so it's tough to keep Little Miss Breeder Wench from nabbing her daughter in law's husband (how's that for a freaky inter-relationship?) and making more sproglings.

"The voices are talking to me again..."
"You're in class, stupid."

Yes, you're in my noun, verbing my noun.  Now, go away, and let me be!
Baron
Marhis
Terrible Twerp

ISTP. Officially male since she plays MUDs

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 2006 November 26, 00:12:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Even if I have reinstalled, all my sims are direct descendants of original Pleasantview's crew, so I can keep their histories.
Let's see... Brandi adopted 2 babies, and they were taken away when she died suddenly by old age. These two babies were later adopted by Beau and Cassandra. Lilith married Dirk Dreamer, Angela Remington Harris (a maid) instead. Beau was a knowledge sim, married Marylena Hamilton (townie) and died mad scientist, happy; Dustin became criminal mastermind and spent his entire looong life marrying townies and killing them later, taking all the money and life elixir they can afford. In the end, adopted Chuck, which is one of my now playing sims.
The third son of Brandi, Michael, had a bunch of children, which spread Broke's surname all over the town: many of my actual sims are Broke, indeed.
Mortimer married Dina, but no offspring. Dina had a daughter with Dustin Broke, after Mortimer's death, but she was ugly and boring, and I deleted her.
Cassandra married Darren and had a couple of boring kids, which died unmarried.
Nina married Jen Tellerman (townie) and both have a child with Don Lothario. Don died by starvation after Jen impregnation... it took me many tries and forgot Don's needs Tongue. The son of Dina and Don, Lothar, was one of the most beautiful sims I ever had. He married Joe Carr and had a daughter (Cecily) with Dirk Dreamer's daughter.
Alexander Goth married Cecily; John and Jennifer Burb had twins, later; Lucy married Komei Tellerman and their grandchildren are actually playing sims.
Daphne, daughter of Angela and Remington Harris, married Orlando Centowski (townie) and their son, Sinclair, is one of my present beloved sims.

The most of my actual sims are all descendants of Michael or Beau Broke's children, anyway.

I say that a wise, when he does not know what he is talking about, should know enough to keep his mouth shut. -- C. Collodi, Pinocchio.
------
The one and only Rhayden's AIDE. Accept no substitutes.
buddha pest
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 2006 November 26, 00:35:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In my game:

Ze Brokes are currently selling xmas items from their home business. Benjamin Long moved in and knocked Brandi up...another boy. Oh boy. When they get super rich from all the wreaths and whatnot, I'm building them a mansion. And hopefully all my other playables will have lots of expensive decor for December.

The Dirk/Lilith, Dustin/Angela thing is going on at uni. Beau gets bitchy Sophie Miguel. Brandi's third boy will probably get Meadow Thayer when he gets to college. Brandi's LTW is the graduate three children one.

Kaylyn moved into the Pleasant house. Daniel died of a cold. Angela & Lilith like their new mom better. Mary Sue turned slut and ran off with Cassandra Goth.

Cassandra is a werewolf. Mort's a vampire married to Dina who is also a werewolf/zombie. Cassandra and Mary Sue adopted a cool little girl. Dina had a baby as well. Alexander died of the ugly.

Nina hasn't done anything yet. Nor has Don. I foresee a satellite falling on Don's head when I get around to it. He's just not all that, sorry.

The Burbs are still boring.

Darren Dreamer moved in Marylena Hamilton and knocked her up. They're all pretty happy.

The Oldies were living with the Pleasants for a few days, but were too boring, so they died.

I think that's it. All in all, it's a pretty good time.

ETA: No, I just got an idea to make Don gay. I can't decide if he should get a CAS or a townie. Then I'll try to do something interesting with them. If not, it's cloud watchin' time. I think I'll also make Don a grilled cheese sim just because I don't have any in Pleasantview yet. Maybe that will be the "interesting" part.
« Last Edit: 2006 November 26, 01:11:05 by buddha pest » Logged
miros
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 2006 November 26, 16:49:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

it took me many tries and forgot Don's needs

I'm sure Don died happy.  And it was for a good cause...
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 2006 November 26, 17:14:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, an NPC replacement is where you use SimPE to genetically change the Maxis sims. 
For example, this was Vidcund's son before the replacement
I liked your "before" better. The "after" one is pretty hideous.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Rose Outlaw
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 2006 November 26, 20:44:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

* Rose Outlaw agrees ... 
The guy on the "after" shot looks like someone I would replace.
Too smooth, too blonde, too ... umm... less alien.
The first one looks tempting to play, maybe a little correction for the mouth, but ingame correction would do for that.
Darkstormyeve
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 2006 November 27, 02:39:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For example, this was Vidcund's son before the replacement:

and after:

Before I had been either killing off most of the Maxis made families or simply trashcanning them, now I replace them.   Wink

Where is his hair from? I like the curls.

Orikes
Knuckleheaded Knob

Spifftastically Fantabulous!

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 2006 November 27, 04:45:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It looks like the cherub hair from MTS2: http://modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=152570.

And I agree, the 'After' version is too pristine looking. The original had neat eyes. Maybe some help with that jaw, but otherwise, he looks more interesting.

buddha pest
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 2006 November 27, 05:17:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The original has a chin from hell, and a scary haircut. The rest of his face reeks of Michael Jackson.

The second one is indeed too pretty for an alien. I'm okay with Maxis default aliens. It's Vidcund who brings the ugly to the table.
Insanity Prelude
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 2006 November 28, 03:12:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Brandi's the only Sim I've ever seen roll the "have ten children" want, so I think I'll let her fufill it. XD ... the question is what the heck to do with her kids then.
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 2006 November 28, 05:20:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

the question is what the heck to do with her kids then.

make them townies when they are old enough *laughs*
Orikes
Knuckleheaded Knob

Spifftastically Fantabulous!

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 2006 November 28, 05:34:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just out of curiosity, if you make them townies, do they lose their family relationship with the playable sims? I've been wondering about that, since there's some of my playable sims I've considered doing that with.

Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 2006 November 28, 05:38:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just out of curiosity, if you make them townies, do they lose their family relationship with the playable sims? I've been wondering about that, since there's some of my playable sims I've considered doing that with.

no, not unless you cut the family ties yourself with InSIM or SimPE

Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: