More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 19, 03:49:22

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  How do YOU Pleasantview?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: How do YOU Pleasantview?  (Read 31566 times)
numaari
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
How do YOU Pleasantview?
« on: 2006 November 07, 19:10:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just restarted Pleasantview, and now I'm curious...  What do you do with your Pleasantview?  I'm looking for a few variations/funny stories/things that work out well in your game.

In mine, Nina and Dina get knocked up by Don Lothario and have two baby girls named Tina and Gina.  Don jilts Cassie at the altar, and she immediately calls Darren Dreamer, proposes to him on the front lawn, and walks back to the arch with her new groom with hardly a pause in the wedding party.  Mortimer lures Don toward the cowplant, and then the family uses the resultant zombie as live-in help.

Mary-Sue Pleasant kicks her hubby to the curb, her parents move in, make friends & teach the girls how to do homework, and promptly die of boolprop-induced old age, leaving Mary-Sue with enough dough to start a business.

Malcolm Landgraab (or is it Landgrabb?) snags Dina Caliente and takes over the business world with his two badge-laden permaplat servos, while she stays at home doting on their daughter.  (Until she grows weary of being a trophy wife and strikes out in the business world on her own!)

Brandi Broke is a stay-at-home mom with ten kids and no husband.  Every time she yearns for another baby she visits the sperm bank (another boolprop trick using a likely-looking townie passing by) and has another.  She supports them all in garish style by writing a string of romance novels.  Her house is decorated like a Safari Bordello, but she likes it...

So how does Pleasantview fare in YOUR game?
Danton
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: How do YOU Pleasantview?
« Reply #1 on: 2006 November 07, 19:19:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sheesh, are the EA BBSers taking over this forum too?
I'll tell you what I did to Pleasantview: I deleted its whole directory along with the other two and started from scratch, but please don't cry.
« Last Edit: 2006 November 07, 22:46:37 by Danton » Logged
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 November 07, 19:39:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do a search on Pleasantview in this forum and you'll find a thread from about a year ago that pretty much covered this.  It's a big thread, so it'll keep you very busy for a while....

And FWIW, Pleasantview is my main hood, and it's into its 4th generation now, with the fifth coming soon.
« Last Edit: 2006 November 08, 13:21:25 by jsalemi » Logged

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 November 07, 20:04:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'll tell you what I did to Pleasantview: I deleted its hole directory along with the other two and started from scratch, but please don't cry.
I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one.  I've never bothered with any of the pre-made familes or neigbourhoods at all.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

ISTJ - what a crazy random happenstance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2006 November 07, 20:15:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Lol. Just to be a misfit...

I am using Pleasantview as my main 'hood. But so far, I haven't even really touched any of the Maxis pre-made sims. They are sort of just wandering neighbors in my 'hood. I may eventually get around to playing out their stories, but right now I'm focusing on my own CAS made sims.

I played my self sim family for a long whiles. I got my mom up to mad scientist and my dad up to the top of the athletic career, whatever that is. My sister is still in high school and living at home so far.

I then played a household with 8 sims: 2 adults, 2 teens, 2 children, 2 toddlers. Tongue That was an interesting thing. I added 9th relative who started off in Uni. This family is based on one of my friends, who starts off here as a child. So, I had to play his family through until I got his 3 older sibs into Uni, before I can turn my attention to my selfsim. I managed to get his 3 older sibs (living in the house) to join their other older sib (already at Uni), and I played them through for whiles. The two eldest sims still have yet to find mates. The next two eldest sims managed to find mates around highschoolish, and I am simply just plodding away at their wants/LTWs. In the meantime, I managed to satisfy both parents LTWs (the mom to be celebrity chef and the dad to earn $100,000).

I also restarted my current bf/hubby at Uni. I played him through 5 semesters or so I think. Since time is kind of wonky, I only managed to get him to a 2nd bf (he's had like 6 or so before me). It's kind of funny. I had him start off sleepin with 3 of the other female dormies. He was quite the hetero ladykiller manslut back in college. Cheesy And then I started makin him gay. He went steady with his first bf, who cheated on him, and then I had them break up (this was sort of my test run for my adults go steady mod). Now he's dating a new bf and I think that's where I left him off.

My selfsim has now moved to Uni, but I played out the first four years of Uni as if it were high school for me, becauase I created sims based on some of my real life friends whom I met in high school. I started us all out as Knowledge sims because I went to a nerdy scientifically oriented high school. Tongue I just finished our fourth semester, and I managed to get my self sim crushin on my first real bf who also happened to go to my high school. It sort of happened on it's own actually, thanks to ACR. Well... a slight prodding from me started it off, and while I was off monitoring other sims, they continued the romance on their own. Heh. In reality, I didn't meet my first bf until I was in my 2nd year of Uni and he was in his last year at our high school.

Now I'm running around playing other various Uni households that I made based on other real life friends. In particular, I am playing one household that is supposed to be my real Uni. So I've caught up two of the sims to same semesters as me, which I will then graduate my selfsim out from "high school" and move him into this other dorm which will be "College" for me. I also added a sim in that is my best friend, whom I have plans to eventually move out to "Law School" where she will meet her friends.

To prepare for that, I created another dorm lot, which has 10 sims in it. I had to create two sets of 5 YAs each. And this was sort of  a test to see if my personal largerhouseholds hack would work. I managed to merge the two households into one dorm lot. I'm looking forward to that chaos. Wink

So yeah, I haven't touched any of the Maxis pre-mades. But I've made friends with a few of them. Heheh. That's pretty much the state of my hood so far. I am a sloooooooooooooooooooooooowwwwwwwwww player. Tongue

Ste

ZiggyDoodle
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 November 07, 20:22:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

hole directory

Speaking of sheepsville, hole as in what dogs dig in your lawn, or whole, as in entire?
Danton
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 November 07, 22:43:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Speaking of sheepsville, hole as in what dogs dig in your lawn, or whole, as in entire?

"Oh, he forgot a letter, let's throw him to the lions!"
Andygal
Deformed Freak
Nitwitted Nuisance

Now with new and improved avatar!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 November 07, 22:48:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

First time round: Cassandra got Don, had 2 kids, Nina was bisexual and screwed at least 5 sims. Darren died alone, Dirk got lilith and had 2 kids, Angela married Alexander Goth, and had at least one kid. Dustin ultimately ended up in college with Meadow Thayer. Brandi got a CAS sim i made for her named Prince Charming(yeah real original). Beau hooked up with Cassandra's daughter and i can't remember what happened to the 3rd kid except that I moved the burglar in with Dustin and baby to help keep things running (Brandi left Dustin and the baby at home to move in with her boyfriend). Brandi had two more kids, one of them dated Daniel's son with kaylayn whatever. Dina ended up engaged to Goopy with a son. The Burbs had one more kid.

after i reset the hood: um...well Brandi got Ben Long moved in, Mary Sue and Daniel actually managed not to explode their relationship, Kaylayn saw Daniel kissing Mary Sue and spazzed. Nina got Don, Cassandra moved in with Darren, Dina married Mortimer and is pregnant I believe. Burbs had one more kid, plan is to have John Burb knock up Brandi.

I haven't played Pleasantview  in ages, so that's just what i remember from the last time i played.
Li'l Brudder
The Quitter
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 November 07, 22:53:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

"Oh, he forgot a letter, let's throw him to the lions!"
Sounds like quite a good idea by your standards.

"OH!  He wants to know how other people play!  He's a SHEEP!"

Some people want ideas or like to share their ideas.  If you don't like to hear/share ideas, don't open a thread.  End of story.
miros
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 November 07, 23:42:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My best Pleasantview story:

Don invited the gardener on a date.  Got her a makeover, making her really quite pretty.  For some reason which I forget, there was no food whatsoever on the date lot.  He invited her home and I used Merola's mirror to take control of her (again, I forget the exact reason).  I ignored the hunger warnings and had them woohoo in the hot tub, then the bed.  After all that, Don hopped out of bed and fell over dead from starvation!  The gardener was asleep, and I couldn't wake her up in time to beg for his life.

So it is possible for a Sim to screw himself to death...
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 November 08, 00:01:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pleasantview is my main hood but you would have to read my blog to see what my sims are up too *laughs*  The first chapter is actually named "WTF Is She Doing Here?"

It all started with Brandi and Don...and Crumplebutt Cheesy

ZiggyDoodle
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 November 08, 00:18:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, he forgot a letter, let's throw him to the lions!"

If you're going to wave that sharp stick you just got out of the MATY locker, you best be sure it is pointed in the right direction.
veilchen
Terrible Twerp

We are the ADS! Bow to us!!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 November 08, 00:30:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What's with the short replies Steven, are you feeling well? Cheesy

Aside from that I'd have to agree. I just can't make up my mind who is the slowest player in the land: you or Brynne. You've been in that neighborhood for neigh on appr. 3 years now. I, on the other hand, managed to trashcan many in the meantime. That's my problem, I get bored, trashcan a neighborhood and start a new one. I don't think I've made it past the 3rd generation anywhere, and I've had the game since 2004.

I haven't looked at Pleasantville too closely. I've mucked about in it a little. I had to re-install a clean one because I butchered the original. Took the (empty) houses and stuff. I haven't gotten pets yet, so I might just wait until then. I find Cassandra quite intriguing, I might play her and see what happens.

SC, I see you updated your stories. I'm happy - something to look forward to reading when this stupid, everlasting semester is over.

On the other hand, Stangetown is also appealing but it's so small. I don't know, maybe I just roll a dice. Meanwhile I play around my Custom hoods some more.

~Having the last word is not all it's cracked up to be.~
~All we have to do is remove those who oppose us.~ (Saruman, LotR)
~Wir sind die Roboter~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R23e9VO_vOI&feature=related
Wedgetail
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 November 08, 00:36:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm a resetaholic, think I've played out almost every possible scenario with the maxis made sims, if they annoy me I just reset the hood and start again and see what I can do with them this time round Wink Reset comes in handy for someone with a short attention span like myself Tongue

I live like I type, fast with a lot of mistakes...*sigh*

My imaginary friend thinks you've got serious mental problems...
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 November 08, 00:46:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

SC, I see you updated your stories. I'm happy - something to look forward to reading when this stupid, everlasting semester is over.

Grin

Hopefully I can get back to my sims soon, I miss them! I'm beta testing something so I'm using Strangetown as a test hood, don't want to screw up my favorites!

I used to restart all the time but now I'm attached to the sims in my current hood  Cheesy
syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

ISTJ - what a crazy random happenstance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: 2006 November 08, 00:50:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What's with the short replies Steven, are you feeling well? Cheesy

Haha. Yeah. I dunno. I think it's MATY. I've gotten more comforable with reveling in my laziness and developing a bit more of a quipy, snarky, somewhat easy going attitude towards posting. I still have my volumous moments tho', no? Wink

As for slow playing... well I did reboot after NL. Even if Brynne slow plays, she does have those like super massively multiple sim households, no? Heh. So her slow playing has got to be somewhat equivalent to at least twice as fast[er] than me. Heheh. Trashcanning entire neighborhoods seems like such a waste. You could always just start a new one and go back to old ones, no? Still, at least you got to a 3rd generation. In my current 'hood, I have so far only had one baby birth, and that was due to risky woohoo. Heh. I kind of think that numaari's Pleasantview story was kind of interesting and has given me some ideas for how I might play out my own Maxis premade sim scenarios. Grin

The problem with my hood is that I have such specific plans of how I want things to play out, I want sims to be a specific age, and what not before I let things a bit looser. I'm dealin with a somewhat controlled and constricted plan so it sort of hinders my gameplay. I did have a legacy challenge account, but I kind of abandoned that also. I think I am going to restart that one fresh as well, probably in Uni, with many of the general rules, except that I'm gonna keep all my hacks in, just cuz I don't want my game to blow up. I was originally trying to only keep critical or important type hacks, but that would just drive me nuts too. Tongue

Ste

Oddysey
Nitwitted Nuisance

Robotic Baby Harp Seal!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2006 November 08, 00:55:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I also tend to play neighborhoods for, at most, three or four generations, and then drop it. Usually shorter. I save everything (or almost everything) though, so I have folders full of the wreckage of old neighborhoods.  I just fiddle with things, and then leave them incompletely fiddled with to go mess with something else.

I played Pleasantview a little bit when I first got the game, along with the other premade neighborhoods. Never saved anything I did, because I'm neurotic about that. Then I fiddled with some other things.

Incidentally, did anyone else see the word "Tongue" inserted randomly in some people's posts?
Velda
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2006 November 08, 01:10:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm a compulsive resetter too, but generally, I focus on the Brokes and the Dreamers because the others tend to make hideous offspring.  I have ridiculous standards of Sim beauty that are nothing like my real-life attitudes, and I tend to decide everything in Pleasantview according to who should breed and who shouldn't. Even so, the Burbs are genetically good but they bore the crap out of me for some reason, so I never seem to stick with them.   Brandi Broke and Castor Nova make beautiful children, after I've dealt with Brandi's ready-made kids, who look nothing like her and make horrifying babies.  I try to keep the neighborhood story going, but breeding some of the prefab couples, like Dustin and Angela Pleasant or Dirk Dreamer and Lilith, is just a recipe for horror.  I get Beau Broke taken away by the social worker and have Dustin marry Ricky Cormier.  I like those two, but not their genes.  They make a great couple if you change their aspirations, so I give them a long, happy life of ventrilo-farting each other and adopting orphans from the pool I've created.  Cassandra and Darren get married and have two or three kids (I find they're prone to twins), and I get Dirk together with the Downtownie girl with the dark skin and Princess Leia hairdo.  Sometimes I use Don as a serial inseminator or alien host, but I prefer to just let him go on with his consequence-free manwhoring forever, with aging off.  He adores that Downtownie Slob woman in the dirty pajamas.    Cheesy
Tamha
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2006 November 08, 01:25:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

With my most recent serious reset (ie, the one that counts, not the 3 random ones since done in less than 1 sim day) I decided to play the Maxis premades for a change. I've discovered that while Cassandra could easily get Don to marry her on her home lot, I don't do it because I don't want to loose the Lothario name. But Cassandra will leave him at the alter if he tries to marry her in his home! I've married Dina to Mortimer, and moved Nina in with Don. The Burbs moved into the Caliente sister's refurbished condo with the Critturs, and I've moved the new Roseland guy (from Pets) in across the way from the Brokes. Now I just have to see if Darren snags Cassandra, if Brandi will break up the Burbs, and if Cyd Roseland will find Sim companionship at all.

Man, people talking about canning neighborhoods after 3-4 generations.... I haven't even managed to marry off second gens in my game yet! I'm hoping with my newfound interest in premades if that will change.

A mean person laughs with you because they don't really mean it. A really mean person just laughs at you.
ElfPuddle
Stupid-to-English Translator
Uncouth Undesirable

"Darn! That's the end!"

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2006 November 08, 03:09:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Lions? Absolutely! If you can't spell, you must die!

Pleasantview? I like mine combined with every other Maxis-hood. That way Brandi can have a VERY large horde of children.

I haven't died. I moved to the American South. Rumors to the contrary are highly exaggerated.

Member 960. Admitted to the MATY Senate by a 10-0 vote: 2006 August 10. Expelled by a 15-12 vote: 2008 May 30.
Should that mean anything?
veilchen
Terrible Twerp

We are the ADS! Bow to us!!

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2006 November 08, 03:35:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Lions? Absolutely! If you can't spell, you must die!

Elfie, thinking of how you make your living, that sentence either scares me or makes me giddy with hilarity. I haven't decided which yet though.

I've not tried the combining thing, I'm too chicken. I'm not very tech savy and most likely would find a way to mess it up somehow.

By the way, I heard you were MIA. I'm not sure, because I was gone for a while too, and will be gone after today for another while (damn Uni, can't it be more Sim-like?). I'm sure people will be glad you're back. Translators should not be allowed time off, not even for good behavior. Cheesy Cheesy

~Having the last word is not all it's cracked up to be.~
~All we have to do is remove those who oppose us.~ (Saruman, LotR)
~Wir sind die Roboter~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R23e9VO_vOI&feature=related
ElfPuddle
Stupid-to-English Translator
Uncouth Undesirable

"Darn! That's the end!"

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2006 November 08, 18:06:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When in doubt, veilchen, pick hilarity. Unless I'm talking to Immy, in which case it should be scary. Wink
I was MIA, but I'm back. I'm still very busy (school's in session), but I shall endeavor not to disappear into any ditches anytime soon.
No time off? Well pbbbt to you. Smiley Have fun at school, and remember that spelling counts (even for dislecksicks dyslecksicz people like me who have brains that don't work.) Wink

I haven't died. I moved to the American South. Rumors to the contrary are highly exaggerated.

Member 960. Admitted to the MATY Senate by a 10-0 vote: 2006 August 10. Expelled by a 15-12 vote: 2008 May 30.
Should that mean anything?
MaximilianPS
Undead Member

da grammar killer

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2006 November 08, 18:34:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

actually my first hood is the same used as background on my website
but i like the standard npc  Grin
Dark Trepie
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2006 November 08, 19:06:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, where to begin?

I started by aging down Don, Nina, Dina, and Cassandra and sent them off to uni.  Also aged Mortimer down to an adult.

Don managed to get Cassandra and Dina furious at him when they caught him with Nina.  After that Don had an "accident" with the Renuy-U-Senso Orb and now has an unusual craving for Grilled Cheese Sandwiches.  Nina became a Knowledge sim during Uni.  Sim-Trepie (the only CAS sim I have in the hood now, and knowledge) was there too.  And so was Stella Terrano (started out as knowledge, but I made her family).

That was sort of the prologue to my Pleasantview.  Now for a breakdown by family:

Don and Nina are now married.  The had twins I named Juan and Maria.  Juan takes after Nina by being neat, shy, and grouchy.  So I made him a knowledge sim.  Maria is sloppy and outgoing like her dad, so I made her a romance sim.  She's also extremely playful and nice.  I don't know where she got that from.  Juan is engaged to Lucy Burb (family) now.  And Maria is engaged to simTrepie and Stella's son, Nate (fortune).

Cassandra married Darren.  They had a daughter I named Bella (knowledge).  She's going steady with simTrepie and Stella's youngest daughter, Alexis (family).  Those two are ready to go to uni.  Dirk is off in uni and still with Lilith.  Darren has since died of old age.

Dina married Mortimer.  They had twins.  Adrian (fortune) and Rachel (Popularity).  Alexander (Knowledge) is off in uni dating simTrepie and Stella's eldest daughter, Kit (Knowledge).

Carol Oldie moved in with the Pleasants after Herb died.  She soon died as well.  This gave the Pleasants a nice financial boost thanks to the inheritance.  Mary-Sue never caught Daniel with the maid, so that marriage never blew up.  Angela and Lilith are off in uni now.  Angela is dating Dustin, and Lilith is dating Dirk.  They both still hate each other too.

John Burb is having an affair with Brandi Broke.  This has been going on for a while.  Jennifer has yet to catch them by chance yet.  It looks like I'll have to make her catch them.  John and Jennifer never had any other kids.  Well, at least Jennifer hasn't had a second child yet.  John is about to get a shock...

The next time Brandi stops by and shows off her belly, now housing an a future Burb sprog.  She's got a job in the science career now and starting to make some decent money.  Dustin is off in uni.  Beau is a teen now and a popularity aspiration.  Brandi's third child, Blake, is still a child.

SimTrepie and Stella got married and had three kids.  Kit, Nate, and Alexis.  Stella is an Elder now, but simTrepie is still an adult thanks to vampirisim.  Nina and Kit are also vampires. Things should get interesting soon.

I'd elaborate more, but I'm half asleep now.  I'll say one thing though.  Kit is my favorite sim in this whole hood.  She's got one whole nice point and nine active points.  She's an alien (or half alien anyway).  She's a vampire.

And she's friggin' hot.

Why yes, I like to shamelessly pimp my sims on occasion.
Tamha
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2006 November 08, 20:36:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wow, Trepie, she is hot! Shocked Stella is the only premade Uni sim I like to play, and just because of your Kit I might have to stick her Uni into my Matyville! Grin

A mean person laughs with you because they don't really mean it. A really mean person just laughs at you.
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: