More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 24, 12:07:37

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Playable Sims as Nannies?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Playable Sims as Nannies?  (Read 6054 times)
mildlydisguised
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
Playable Sims as Nannies?
« on: 2006 November 11, 10:49:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does anyone know of a mod that can make playable sims able to be hired as nannies?  The closest thing I've found is Christianlove All in one NPC but I've checked with him and hiring a playable sim as a nanny is not an option.  I know Dizzy2's Baby Sitter mod would work but I have the pets ep and it is not yet compatible.

Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
Re: Playable Sims as Nannies?
« Reply #1 on: 2006 November 11, 18:40:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You don't need any mod for this. Move in any townie or sim (preferable a couple), and find them a night job, while the other 2 sims work day job. This way you will never need a nanny. I do it all the time.
mildlydisguised
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 November 11, 23:38:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah I had thought of that but I'm trying to make an economic hood and I'd rather keep my founding families apart for a generation or two.

I guess I'll have to resort to the in game nanny or maybe attempt to create a workaround myself.  In the thread on the OFB adaption of the Dizzy2 Baby Sitter mod, people are reporting that the pool car won't arrive to pick up pets for work.  I don't currently have any pets in that hood so maybe I could still use it.

Thanks anyway.
ThyGuy
Exasperating Eyesore

HELP ME! I'M STUPID!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 November 12, 03:35:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I always befriend a townie, give them a little body skill and they meditate for the rest of their lives. You only need a townie for each generation too! heh

DEATH TO UGLY BEAGLE DOGS!
WALMART IS THE DEVIL!!!!!
I DEMAND THE FIERY DEATH OF CRYING BABIES!
Do us a favor? DIE, GO TO HEAVEN, STFU!
Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2006 November 12, 16:12:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have the child fostered out using the teleporter plus and have its foster family raise it to teen.  You can use the teleporter to bring it back for visits when the parents are at home.

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
mildlydisguised
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 November 12, 19:31:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I guess I could just use familiyfunds to make sure whoever looks after the kid still gets paid for it.  I like the befriend a townie idea but I would need to act quickly as the kid has just been born and her Dad is not really friendly with anyone yet.  I hadn't thought of using the teleporter, that way I could use the playable sim I would've hired as a nanny anyway.  After I've teleported the baby out can I teleport it back in at child age?  I'm clueless about teleporting as you can probably tell. 

Thanks for your suggestions.
Inge
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2006 November 12, 19:35:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you teleport in a nanny or a sim to act as nanny, just use the shift-click on them to get the debug menu and make them selectable.  Then they will act as if they live there (ie won't leave to go home) until you make them unselectable again.  So they don't have to stay overnight.

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
Qwiggles
Corpulent Cretin

We are all just monkeys...

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 November 12, 20:00:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Christianlov's Nanny NPC can also let you assign any other sim in the neighborhood.  Go to Objects Mod at MTS2.  I think you can even turn on salary.  I don't know if the sim actually gets to keep the money, I've never used that feature.

Mooooo
mildlydisguised
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 November 12, 21:14:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks Inge, that definitely sounds like workaround to my problem.  I assume if they act like they live there, my parent sim will be able to leave their children with them without any problem.  I shall test it out when I've got a chance.

Qwiggles the problem with Christianlov's mod is that I can't assign a playable sim as a nanny, it works assigning playable sims as the allinone NPC but that doesn't cover nannying duties unfortunately.
JadeEliott
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: 2006 November 12, 22:56:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I could have sworn that past version of that mod allowed you to pick playable sim as a nanny...

I don't play with kids often enough to know.

~The Isle of Thyme~
http://www.isleofthyme.net

The Isle of Thyme Succinctly Summed Up by ZiggyDoodle:
Exquisite.  Simply exquisite (but not at all simple!).
verdaeni
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 November 13, 06:13:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i had a CL playable char as either a nanny or allinone.. i think both.  but i think it didnt nanny very well and i didnt know how to fire it at all!   i mean  for days in the family the nanny off the portrait did well, and then she stopped.  and then i had trouble with her going zombie.  i was doing the working sim off the mirror and someone with a high clean score will automatically clean, but they didnt take care of the kids at all.   if there is a newer version maybe i will check it out if its compatible with pets.  im slowly turning on more hacks...

Life is tough.
Life is Tougher if you act STUPID.
miros
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 November 13, 15:44:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Personally, I think todders should be given a floor blankie so they can put themselves to bed and left alone otherwise.  They can go ask for food if they're hungry.
Inge
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: 2006 November 13, 15:54:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They don't need to ask for food, they can feed themselves with my bottomless buyable bottle.

miros
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 November 13, 15:58:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually, the asking for food is a Social need, not a Hunger one. 

Inge, I'm not sure why I have a block about your baby bottle.  It would solve a lot of problems (litter and such) and allow me to lock the nanny completely out of the house, but for some reason, I just don't use it.
Andygal
Deformed Freak
Nitwitted Nuisance

Now with new and improved avatar!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 November 13, 17:40:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've seen a toddler floor blanket somewhere, can't remember where.
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006 November 13, 17:43:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

MTS2. http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=144547
verdaeni
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2006 November 13, 23:17:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Personally, I think todders should be given a floor blankie so they can put themselves to bed and left alone otherwise.  They can go ask for food if they're hungry.

quite often i leave my toddlers alone in their bedrooms with the bottomless bottle and toys, inges no empty pot,  get distracted with the adults and leave them all alone for days.  its convienient but i feel vaguely guilty because thats how i was raised and i didnt care for it.  then again..    its digital.  flips coin, are we doing reality today?

i wish toddlers that can walk could scamper down the stairs.  since i think they SHOULD be able to, i use the insiminator teleport option for them to be with the family downstairs.

Life is tough.
Life is Tougher if you act STUPID.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: