More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 15:05:33

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Pet aging issues
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Pet aging issues  (Read 5312 times)
Karen
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
Pet aging issues
« on: 2006 October 19, 08:29:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Has anybody else noticed any problems with pets aging?  I adopted a cat in one of my families.  At a few minutes before 6 pm on the first day, the cat was at 24 days to elder.  After 6 pm, the rest of the family aged as normal, but the cat still showed 24 days to elder.  Are pets supposed to age at 6 pm the same as everybody else? 

I never use the aging off cheat, so that can't be the cause of this.

Also, I mentioned in another thread a problem I had with another cat that I created in CAS, which aged to elder less than one Sim day after I moved it in with a family.  Has anybody else seen this?

I don't know if these problems are caused by hack conflicts or what, but it's annoying....

Karen
Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
Re: Pet aging issues
« Reply #1 on: 2006 October 19, 08:48:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There must be umpteen hacks that can cause this including two of mine.  Any hack that affects the aging of human sims in any way whatsoever will probably stop pets ageing altogether until the author has updated them to take account of Pets.

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
Baron
Tyyppi
Horrible Halfwit

Even more arrows in knees!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 October 19, 08:57:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It could be a hack problem but I once saw this happen with my cat too. So it could be that pets don't age on the same time of day as sims or it could be caused by a (faulty) hack. This requires some investigation.

Inge
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2006 October 19, 09:19:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It wouldn't mean the hack was faulty, it would mean the hack was suitable for pre-pets code not post-pets code.

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
lindaetterlee
Knuckleheaded Knob

Proud Army Wife. Support us or get the fuck out.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2006 October 19, 09:23:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pets age at 11 am. Atleast that is how it has worked for all the families in my hood

Proud Army Wife of a soldier deployed to IRAQ. Support us or get the fuck out.
I am 25.

Quote from: lindaetterlee
The same thing happened with my Pescado, before this he was a lady's man. Now he is some guy's bitch.
Karen
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 October 19, 10:07:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pets age at 11 am. Atleast that is how it has worked for all the families in my hood

Interesting....Thanks, I'll keep an eye out for that from now on.

Karen
Viscountess
Batelle
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 October 19, 12:11:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My cats aged at 11 am as well.  It threw me off whenever I heard the aging noise, so I made a not of the time.
trudy
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 October 19, 12:41:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i read they age at the time of their birth but this could be propaganda.
lindaetterlee
Knuckleheaded Knob

Proud Army Wife. Support us or get the fuck out.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 2006 October 19, 18:12:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

no its 11 am no matter what. I've had them pop out at midnight and still age at 11 am lol.

Proud Army Wife of a soldier deployed to IRAQ. Support us or get the fuck out.
I am 25.

Quote from: lindaetterlee
The same thing happened with my Pescado, before this he was a lady's man. Now he is some guy's bitch.
ZiggyDoodle
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 October 19, 18:21:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If a spinster old woman lives alone with her nine cats, then croaks -- who inherits the cats?

nikita
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 October 19, 18:26:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No one, they are taken away by Animal Control.

ETA: The animals then go into the adoption pool so you can have whoever you want to inherit them adopt them.
Process Denied
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 November 03, 18:58:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Dina in Pleasantview adopted a puppy and the puppy has not aged for 15 days.  I moved them out and back in again and he still wouldn't age.  I created a sim for her to marry and she moved in with him (with the dog) and it still won't age.  I can't see that it is hack related since every other animal ages correctly including a cat that Dina also owns.  I think that somehow the dog's data is faulty.
Karen
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 November 07, 13:55:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just had a set of 3 born-in-game kittens age to adult and they are now showing 27 days to elder, according to the latest SimPE QA version.  I thought the adult stage was supposed to be something like 21 to 25 days?  Not sure what's going on here.

I would love an age duration hack for pets to prevent this, but untill twojeffs gets around to updating his, is it safe to use the QA version of SimPE to adjust the number of days left?  I think something like 12 or 15 days maximum for the adult stage would be more realistic.  So far I have not done anything more complicated in the QA version of SimPE than changing family names.  I haven't tried editing the character files at all, for example.  I just wondered if it will mess up anything if I change those "days left" values for pets.
Inge
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: 2006 November 07, 13:59:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

On dinnerbell I have made the pet aging BCONs into a little self-editable patch, so you can download that and adjust the age durations to suit your preferences. http://simlogical.com/dinnerbell/index.php?topic=80.0

Karen
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 November 07, 14:12:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks, Inge, that sounds like exactly what I was looking for.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: