More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 14:21:20

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  enemiesaccumulate and dart games
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: enemiesaccumulate and dart games  (Read 4962 times)
Kaliban
Blathering Buffoon

I have horrible grammar, and a french accent

View Profile
enemiesaccumulate and dart games
« on: 2006 November 06, 11:42:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This week end, as I was missing enemiesaccumulate, i installed the last version in the moreawesomethanyou pets archive.

One of my teenage sim girls, Helen, went back from school with a new friend.
Helen is a grouchy knowledge sim (2 points) with an attitude problem. But she wanted to be friend with the girl, another knowledge sim. They of course just had met: 20/20 relation or something like that.
They engaged in a game of darts.
Some time later, I went back to Helen and looked at the relation level.
She was in fury, with -50/-50 to her no-more-friend.
I kept checking them until the relation went all the way to -80/-80, with the fury counter going back full at least once.

I know grouchy sim don't like to loose at game - but it seems that each throw of the darts was inducing fury, broken relationships,etc. And of course, no going back to normal, as enemies accumulate.

Is it a known issue? is it a feature to easily make new ennemies?
Any way, as the "no more friend" is also a grouchy knowledge sim, both of them now want to kill each other. Next time they play darts together, I wonder which one will be the target.

Any view of things that is not strange, is false.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: enemiesaccumulate and dart games
« Reply #1 on: 2006 November 06, 11:46:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wow? Dart rage? I've never seen that. Was one of your sims being caught cheating?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Baron
Marhis
Terrible Twerp

ISTP. Officially male since she plays MUDs

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 November 06, 11:53:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Same thing happened to me with chessboard. Mean sims cheat a lot autonomously, and relationship score sinks very fast, if caught doing it. I think your sims kept cheating each other while you were distracted, this could explain the bad result.

I say that a wise, when he does not know what he is talking about, should know enough to keep his mouth shut. -- C. Collodi, Pinocchio.
------
The one and only Rhayden's AIDE. Accept no substitutes.
Kaliban
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 November 06, 12:02:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The problem is none of them was cheating, at least in the last half sim hour of the game, when I began to watch them... They continued with the game, speaking together, and playing honestly - or they cheated, thay did it perfectly, because I did not see anything. But the relations were still dropping.

Well, maybe they DID cheat and I don't know - I mean, I mainly have only grouchy sims in my neighborhood, so maybe I have never seen a "normal" game Smiley

jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 November 06, 12:35:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are their interests really incompatible or something? This would also cause a hit on the relationship, as Sims just never shut up.
Kaliban
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 November 06, 13:02:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But would it make them furious? helen kept going furious at Aphrodite during the whole time I watched the relations: furious, fury dismishes fast, then goes back to full counter, and again, and again - with a relation hit at each time.
(and, before they began the game, they talked a little together, with no problem...)

My theory (I will test it wthout hack next time I can play) is that "losing a shot" to another sim, or being laughed at because you failed a shot, induces a very short time fury at each time (if you are grouchy enough) - but with enemiesaccumulate, the short timed fury as definitive results, and so the relation is permanently damaged, in the base game it would not be very visible because relations would go back to normal in a few minutes...
It is only a theory.

jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 November 06, 13:07:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't seen any short- versus long-time fury. Furious (like contact) always lasts the same time.

You're not using Monique's relationship decay hack are you? That mod is not compatible with enemies accumulate. As would be another relationship hack probably.
Kaliban
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 November 06, 13:38:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't seen any short- versus long-time fury. Furious (like contact) always lasts the same time.

You're not using Monique's relationship decay hack are you? That mod is not compatible with enemies accumulate. As would be another relationship hack probably.
No, I don't use any relation ship decay hack.

And I am surprised about what you say... I played months without the enemies accumulate hack (without any hack), and it seemed to me that fury had a timer depending on the cause (or the strength of the fury). I mean, the famous "puddle rage" was in fact short timed - one our two hours later, everything was fine again, but when one of my sims cheated his wife, it took three whole days for her to leave the furious state.
And with the dart game I mentioned, the "timer " was really short: it was half done in mere minutes...
Strange...

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 November 06, 14:14:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, Furiousness definitely has length. It's affected by personality as well, so mean sims stay furious for ages. Burglars are probably the single most furious thing in the game. I've had sims furious with their burglars for ages. One sim had a burglar as a child, and he never stopped being furious. Even his ghost is furious! 0 nice points is a hoot.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 November 06, 14:19:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Cool.
miros
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 November 06, 14:29:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I guess if I make any mean Sims, they'll never be allowed near any other Sim without Macro->Socialize->Friendly!
Dopp
Corpulent Cretin

Not Awesome Indeed

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 November 06, 14:53:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Mean sims are meant to make enemies. If you have the appropriate hacks it is even beneficial for them to indulge in antisocial behavior. I'd build up their body points and let them beat up everyone. Make them knowledge aspiration too so they don't get bad memories of making enemies. If you use Shaklin's vampire kiss mod, you can even kill off your enemies and watch all their friends/family go into aspiration failure. Then you raise them as zombies and kill them again so that they are permanently messed up, fulfilling all those "See X as Zombie" wants at the same time.
Kaliban
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 November 06, 15:06:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

you can even kill off your enemies and watch all their friends/family go into aspiration failure.
I knew Conan was a grouchy knowledge sim  Grin

I like my mean sims to have enemies - but I imagine the cops saying "this murder's motive is clear: the victim won one too many game of darts".
Sounds fun, actually!
But if I want a little peace in my families (especially one of them, all grouchy knowledge), it's either dispose of the dart and chess games, or dispose of the patch (and become friend with burglars, urk).
Choices, always choices.

miros
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 November 06, 15:15:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I hate when a Sim beats a child at chess and lords it over them same as against adults.  I watch carefully for this and make them Socialize->Friendly to repair the relationship damage.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: