More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 06:46:46

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  IE 7.0 sucks
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: IE 7.0 sucks  (Read 35544 times)
Flamingo
Lipless Loser

View Profile
Re: IE 7.0 sucks
« Reply #25 on: 2006 November 06, 01:15:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I hardly ever stay logged in for a week, but that's because I delete my cookies anal-retentively. It's not too much of a problem to just sign in every once in a while, but I could see how it would get annoying if you didn't do it yourself. However, Norton is a pretty awful anti-virus program, I have to say. If it's impossible to shut down from Task Manager, then I'm not purchasing it, ever.
Ellatrue
Terrible Twerp

ENFP, by popular request.

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2006 November 06, 02:14:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't trust Microsoft either. I allow it to nag me about updates, but I never let it download and install them automatically- I carefully pick and choose which ones I want.

I gave IE7 a pass. I saw it in beta and was not impressed--they're just copying firefox, which is probably a lot less bloated anyway...

plus I was tipped off by the fact that it was an update "for genuine windows users." After that little bundle of spyware they sent out recently, I thought it was best not to install.

Thyguy: don't be a jerk. Yes, explorer can be fiddled with, for those with lots of patience, and who care about exploring every aspect of some stupid browser program, but NO, it's not user friendly. Like all microsoft products it is extremely confusing, poorly designed, and relatively illogical. Generally the more "user friendly" something is, the harder it is to figure it out- especially for people with limited knowledge. It's really not that intuitive.

Tamha
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2006 November 06, 02:39:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wait, does the new IE 7 download have that spyware attatched to it? I haven't had genuine Windows since completely reformating my harddrive to clear out all the crap Hewlitt Packard shipped it with. I use Firefox anyway, but I wanted to replace my IE6 with IE7 since there are sites that don't support Fx at all.

A mean person laughs with you because they don't really mean it. A really mean person just laughs at you.
skandelouslala
Lipless Loser

Don't look now but they're going to kill you.

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2006 November 06, 03:40:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Damn...who still uses IE anyways.
Ellatrue
Terrible Twerp

ENFP, by popular request.

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2006 November 06, 03:43:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i don't know if it has the spyware or not, but based on the line about having a genuine version of windows installed, I thought it probably would

Paperbladder
Paperian Heretic
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2006 November 06, 04:08:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The three times I installed it (Beta 2, RC1, Final) it didn't install WGA, or at least that's what the remover for WGA said.
Vren Lyet
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2006 November 06, 08:18:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Also, if we're going to talk about which looks the best, I'm going to have to say that Internet Explorer 7 looks the best, but that's me.

You obviously have never worked on a web project with extensive usage of CSS and got insane like I did. Wink
IE simply CAN'T do CSS - neither version 1 nor version 2 not to mention version 3.

That's what my comment on "look" was about. Firefox (and apparently Opera) know many of the CSS1, -2 and -3 options and interpret them quite well.
Admittedly, they're not perfect either - especially Opera - but IE simply sucks with CSS.

Ask any web developer and you'll get the same response...

Black holes suck!
Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: 2006 November 06, 12:34:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I started using IE7 yesterday.  It's... ok...  but I wish I could rearrange my toolbars etc, not just the little handful of icons on the right.  I would love to get rid of the builtin search box and move my refresh nearer to my back button.

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
LynnMar
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2006 November 06, 17:18:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

4. Learn how to use a fucking computer.

No, I'm serious, if you can't figure out how to control IE from being a complete and totally fucktard program, then you shouldn't be getting a on a computer. You should be tased until you piss yourself whenever you get near a computer.

you know you are not a nice person.  I do know how to use a computer, I do not let it install anything I have mine set to notify when updates are available.  You should be ashamed of yourself, talking to an

elderly lady like that or to  anybody for that matter.  I may cry.   Cry   

I iove MATY and I have never been talked to like that here.  I always thought this was a place where you could get help with any problem and not be attacked.  Oh they might razz me on occasion but that I can handle.

Vecky, I like it too except for the having to log in over and over, but it may be my Norton Anit-virus but it never did it before I got the 7.0

thanks
« Last Edit: 2006 November 06, 17:25:44 by LynnMar » Logged
Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: 2006 November 06, 17:21:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Don't worry about it, he's officially unawesome.

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

INTJ. I like putting hats on my avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: 2006 November 06, 17:33:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Get bloody Safari. At least it blocks adverts automatically
<snipped>

Safari is an Apple product, and is not available for Windows, as far as I know. Most of the people in this forum are not Apple users, so Safari would be useless to them.

Disclaimer: I am condescending, arrogant, pedantic, and have a foot-shaped mouth. I also like to throw stones from my glass house. Resemblance to any persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
Dark Trepie
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2006 November 06, 18:26:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've read and heard nothing but bad, bad things about IE 7.  So I'm gonna leave it be.  I'm a Firefox user anyway.  Hell, I don't even have the IE icon on my desktop, because its ugly and offensive and made of suck.   Tongue

Besides, when Vista comes out and everyone pirates it we'll be stuck with IE 7 anyway.  Might as well keep IE 6 around until then.  At least it half-assed works.

I also heard that rumor about it installing the WGA malware with it.  And like I'm sure most people here do, I question the authenticity of my installation of XP.
kewian
Great White Whale
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2006 November 06, 18:30:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Here's what you do about automatic updates in windows,

1. Get Firefox.
2. Turn the auto updates off (Then go into the options and turn off the option for it to constantly bitch that it isn't on).
3. NEVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER (ten times over) let windows install shit without your permission! Tell it to let you choose what you want installed, when you go to the windows site and ask for the updates.
4. Learn how to use a fucking computer.

No, I'm serious, if you can't figure out how to control IE from being a complete and totally fucktard program, then you shouldn't be getting a on a computer. You should be tased until you piss yourself whenever you get near a computer.

How difficult is it to explore and program and figure out how it works, before acting like a twelve year old who stole their parents car? Christ, I'm a total moron and even I can figure that out.

geez...chill out!   OH i like IE7 and there is no WGA that came with it.  How about fuck you and the furryfox you rode in on? Grin Angry

siggylove
Furry!
Knuckleheaded Knob

Mr Flibble's very cross

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2006 November 06, 19:14:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Don't worry about it, he's officially unawesome.

That's what I thought too Inge Wink  You know, that's my main reason for coming here, I learn so much and I find it really helpful to know other's opinions on things that are sometimes beyond me - I'm not afraid to admit that.  LynnMar didn't deserve that at all.

I'd rather have a full bottle in front of me, than a full frontal lobotamy
Micke
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2006 November 06, 19:42:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had IE 7.0 for 2-3 days now and I think it's great.
KatEnigma
Axe Murderer
Souped!

ENFJ

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2006 November 06, 21:05:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I finally went to Firefox when I was using IE7 in beta, and it completely broke Quicktime on me, so badly that uninstall/reinstall in various ways didn't work.

IE7 is just Firefox that they messed up, anyway.   Roll Eyes They took a perfectly good browser and then because they didn't want to be accused of stealing it, they did insane things and moved the buttons out of intuitive places, just so it would look different.

I love that you can set IETab to automatically open certain pages in IE every time you go there. Like the Windows Update page, or the MSN boards.

To really get Windows to stop bugging you about the update, pick Custom instead of automatic installation (I let it automatically download, but NOT install), uncheck IE7, and then click the box that says something like don't bother me about this anymore (I paraphrase. LOL) That way you can still get the security updates and be alerted to them immediately and not have to be bothered with IE7. I always pick and choose which idiot updates I install this way. If, for some retarded reason, you ever change your mind about something, you can then go to the Windows Update page and make it show you the things you told it not to bother you about. 

"There is a tragic flaw in our precious Constitution, and I don't know what can be done to fix it. This is it: Only nut cases want to be president."

- Kurt Vonnegut
Nivaya
Exasperating Eyesore

INFP

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2006 November 06, 21:11:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Aw, I thought I had a thing installed that tricked GENUINE ADVANTAGE into thinking a had a legit copy of Windows, but I don't, so it wouldn't let me install so I could decide I didn't like it and never use it...Sad

Besides, I'm lost and sad without my multitude of Firefox extensions...

Like a balloon..and....something bad happens!!!
laeshanin
FURRY!
Malodorous Moron

Fook me, it took long enough to get a title!

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2006 November 06, 22:50:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

geez...chill out!   OH i like IE7 and there is no WGA that came with it.  How about fuck you and the furryfox you rode in on? Grin Angry

Well said, kewian! LynnMar certainly came in on ThyGuy's cranky day, huh? By the by... awww, look at the pretty kitties.

Meh...
Flamingo
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2006 November 06, 23:10:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You obviously have never worked on a web project with extensive usage of CSS and got insane like I did. Wink
IE simply CAN'T do CSS - neither version 1 nor version 2 not to mention version 3.

That's what my comment on "look" was about. Firefox (and apparently Opera) know many of the CSS1, -2 and -3 options and interpret them quite well.
Admittedly, they're not perfect either - especially Opera - but IE simply sucks with CSS.

Yes, I'm not a web developer of any kind, for sure. I'm not even sure what CSS is. What I do know is that Firefox and Opera don't seem to display a few things properly (mostly Opera, yes), but I'm willing to sacrifice that for the all around better capabilities of the other browsers.
Li'l Brudder
The Quitter
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2006 November 07, 00:00:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

geez...chill out!   OH i like IE7 and there is no WGA that came with it.  How about *bleep* you and the furryfox you rode in on? Grin Angry

True Kewian.  Although I use FF, I really couldn't care less what bro...

* Lil Brudder notices the kitten pile.

* Lil Brudder is overcome by fluffy cuteness!
« Last Edit: 2006 November 07, 00:26:04 by Lil Brudder » Logged
Weaver
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2006 November 07, 00:01:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There is no data. There is only XUL.
Stitches
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2006 November 07, 16:35:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I knew my boss was an idiot when he refused to let me install "dodgy freeware programs like firefox and spybot." I'm using a hideous IE 6/McAffee config right now and it gives me migraines.
notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

INTJ. I like putting hats on my avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: 2006 November 07, 17:47:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, I'm not a web developer of any kind, for sure. I'm not even sure what CSS is. What I do know is that Firefox and Opera don't seem to display a few things properly (mostly Opera, yes), but I'm willing to sacrifice that for the all around better capabilities of the other browsers.

Well, I AM a web developer (ok, more of a designer -- there *is* a difference, believe it or not), and I have found IE to be the only browser that displays CSS (cascading style sheets) properly. Neither DHTML (dynamic hypertext markup language) nor JavaScript (self-explanatory) display properly in Opera or Firefox. Netscape is generally ok, but it doesn't show custom scrollbars, which is annoying, unless all of your webpages happen to be silver. I wish the w3c would force a browser standardisation already, so web designers can quit pulling their hair out every time they go to test their damn web documents!

</rant>

Disclaimer: I am condescending, arrogant, pedantic, and have a foot-shaped mouth. I also like to throw stones from my glass house. Resemblance to any persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2006 November 07, 17:50:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

not: obviously you don't know HTML and CSS then.

The guy who originally proposed CSS is Opera's CTO. And both Opera and Furryfox have developers who wrote the standards--standards  which the W3C, of which Microsoft is a member, has adopted.

Microsoft's is the only browser which still does not support HTML 4 (Abbr tag?) or CSS2 (generated content? proper box model?).
MistyBlue
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2006 November 07, 18:12:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Firefox -vs- IE

This thread made me start thinking about a funny story so I thought I'd share...

When I was in the military, I was a network administrator. I installed Firefox on my computer, which, coincidently was also the machine I had to let people take the "are you smart enough to use a computer" test. A few people noticed my firefox icon in the quick launch and requested that I put it on their computer, but I told them I couldn't. Well, when I got to my only-2-weeks-left-in-the-military-i-don't-give-a-shit-about-anything mode I installed firefox on 200 of the 250 computers we had in the unit. I did it because I knew that my evil boss from hell would fail her next inspection because of it. Anyhow...the stupid bitch did, of course, fail, but instead of uninstalling the program...she formatted all of the computers and really cursed the shit out of my name...or so I heard. 
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: