More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 27, 04:02:25

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Move Grave/Relative Dies fear
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Move Grave/Relative Dies fear  (Read 2880 times)
GayJohnScarritt
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
Move Grave/Relative Dies fear
« on: 2006 November 05, 14:39:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For the first time, i've done the 'Move Grave' to a community cemetary option.  Instead of moving those graves immediately after my sims have died, i waited a sim-day.  My question is, is the moving of those graves 'suppose' to fulfill a 'Relative Dies' fear for their children/grandchildren?   As in that fear is fulfilled twice, once for their actual death and again when their graves were moved and the notice 'Sim has died on another lot' notice came up.  I do have Pescado's Nounlinkondelete hack.  I have all EP's up to OFB/FFS but do not have Pets. 

[11:18] Pescado: GJS manages to appear smart and knowledgeable, even though he wasn't really..

Myers-Briggs: - ISFP       Awesome NS2 -  DOOOO EEEET!

[23:56] Pescado: ATTACK, MY DUCKY MINIONS!
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
Re: Move Grave/Relative Dies fear
« Reply #1 on: 2006 November 05, 15:36:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

JM had a fix for this in the ofb testing directory (http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/ffs/ofb/test/) called 'tombstonemovefix'.  I don't know if it's Pets-compatible (or even still needed) since I haven't moved any gravestones since installing pets.  But it's worth a try.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 November 05, 15:50:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm still using it and it's still in the test phase, but basically, everytime a "dies on another lot" ghost spam results, even though the sim already died, for some reason it satisfies that fear. The fix eliminates that message by vaporizing the sim in question after he waves, rather than leaving him dangling to disintegrate on his own with that message.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Kitte
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 November 05, 16:16:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have had a problem with the gravestones disappearing when I try to move them to another community lot.  This has only happened since installing Petz, but it might be related to the rather large number of gravestones I've moved.  I've been recreating a book series (Wheel of Time) and by the time I got to book 9, there were many, many deaths.  At this point the gravestones began disappearing.  The toon still shows up if I try to call Grim Reaper and can be resurrected, but the gravestone disappears from the current lot and doesn't show up on the destination lot.  However, I still get the message that the toon has died on another lot as the ghost fades away. 

BTW, I have the nounlinkondelete hack.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 November 06, 00:44:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is probably a hung tombstone spawner. If someone visits the lot, the tombstones normally appear on the road. The solution tends to be to buy the lot and position the tombstones as a buyable lot.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
GayJohnScarritt
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 November 10, 22:30:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

JM had a fix for this in the ofb testing directory (http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/ffs/ofb/test/) called 'tombstonemovefix'.  I don't know if it's Pets-compatible (or even still needed) since I haven't moved any gravestones since installing pets.  But it's worth a try.

I wanted to send an update, just today, had my first Elder pass away (after getting feedback on my previous problem).  Sent the tombstone to my community cemetary and there was no double death hit for my kids/toddlers.   Thank you for leading me to that hack. 
   On a related note, i have found that those lots work better for my visiting sims, if they are owned by a sim, who then goes and closes down that business (using BRY).  That way there aren't 8 or 9 useless sims wandering about, causing havoc and destruction while my sim is waiting to see a ghost/chasing a ghost so he can be scared.   lol   I haven't tried using a non-owner as a visitor, to see if other sims show up or not.

[11:18] Pescado: GJS manages to appear smart and knowledgeable, even though he wasn't really..

Myers-Briggs: - ISFP       Awesome NS2 -  DOOOO EEEET!

[23:56] Pescado: ATTACK, MY DUCKY MINIONS!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: