More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 19, 02:49:35

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Another OfB problem: employees won't come when called
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Another OfB problem: employees won't come when called  (Read 4064 times)
Aggie
Smackable Punbot
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
Another OfB problem: employees won't come when called
« on: 2006 November 05, 06:40:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm thinking this might be a hack issue, but I'm not sure which one it could be. The only gameplay-related problem I'm having now is that the employees at my home business will not come when called. I click on the OpenClosed sign, make sure the store is open and then have them Call In Employees. They call, but then I get an error message pop up (to which I choose reset). I'd include an error log, but I have no idea which one it is (looking in the C:/My Documents/EA Games/The Sims 2/Logs folder.

Incidentally, I run the game in Debug mode.

ETA: I have found the two Error Logs that I thought might be able to assist in addressing my problems (since I now have discoverd several more, including not being able to turn on Hydrobots).
« Last Edit: 2006 November 05, 10:51:32 by J. M. Pescado » Logged

Quote from: Esoteric PolarBear
"I don't believe in the edit button; it goes against the very core of my being."
Karen
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
Re: Another OfB problem: employees won't come when called
« Reply #1 on: 2006 November 05, 10:18:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do you have Pets installed?  The first error references Inteen which hasn't been updated for Pets yet.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 November 05, 10:51:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Aggie
Smackable Punbot
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 November 05, 12:39:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have InTeen, but not Pets. Could the problem lie with one of InTeen's flavour pack additions, I wonder? Maybe tomorrow I'll try removing only the InTeen and seeing if that makes any sort of difference whatsoever (although I did, in fact, download the OfB version as instructed).

I did notice a mention of InTeen in one of the error logs but not the other.

"I don't believe in the edit button; it goes against the very core of my being."
Aggie
Smackable Punbot
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 November 05, 22:46:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry for the double post, but InTeen itself was not the problem. I disabled the entire thing and re-ran the program, and nothing changed. Maybe I should ask this at the InTeen site if it's a conflict problem. Thanks for trying to help anyways, though. It's nice to at least get a response from people. Smiley

nocomment
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 November 07, 05:32:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did you "disable" it somehow, or actually remove it from your download folder?  You need to actually remove it from the folder.

Aggie
Smackable Punbot
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 November 07, 05:50:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, I finally bit the bullet and removed the hack entirely and the game works fine now. Oh well; I guess I just wasn't meant to have both OfB and InTeen, but I know which one I'm going to choose.

Also, for some reason, I noticed later on that one file from InTeen had somehow snuck into the main Downloads folder instead of being in the Hacks subfolder with the rest of its bretheren. Huh. Go figure. I may actually have to bite the bullet and go to the Inteen site and *gasp!* check to see if any of the hacks/mods found here are not compatible with it. Horrors!

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: