More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 00:52:07

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Is it a wolf or a sim?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Is it a wolf or a sim?  (Read 6582 times)
TreyNutz
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
Is it a wolf or a sim?
« on: 2006 November 04, 04:35:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Chester Geike befriended and adopted a wolf, Alegra.  Chester is a vampire (and knowledge sim) and gets perpetual wants that Alegra be a vampire.  It's her, with the teeth, in the want panel.  There is no bite interaction and I'm quite surprised that pets could be vampires.

Then I got Alegra a job....in the Athletic career as a team mascot.  Didn't think anything of it.  It's my first pet in the game, first pet job, I had no idea what the pet careers are.  Clicking on Alegra's job panel crashes the game to the desktop.

I cannot put a collar on Alegra.  Chester has bought 3, but there's no option on any mirror to change Alegra's appearance.

SketchElder kindly pointed out that team mascot is not a pet job, pets cannot be vampires, and suggested that the game thinks Alegra is a sim.   Huh

Is this a known issues with wolves, an issue with any hacks, or is my game doomed to a fiery death?  I did take out all hacks and CC at one point, but all I tested was the crashing when clicking on her jobs panel (and it did crash). 

Any suggestions about what to do?  I could give Alegra away and not adopt wolves anymore.  Or I could move the family out and back into the lot.  Or I could quit the pet job and leave her be. 

Lastly, is it normal to get wants to be friends with pets?  The whole household gets that want for Alegra (she's the only pet at the moment, but Chester is friendly to all the wolves and I think he's gotten that want with some of the other wolves that have stopped by).  They also get wants to command Alegra to do the tricks she's learned.  I don't know what's normal and what isn't is this game.

Thanks for any help.

edit: after moving the family out, and then back into the lot, Chester's want that Alegra be a vampire is gone.  He now wants her to get a Service job.  However there are only human job available for her in the paper and on the computer.   Sad 

edit2: it was an old version of noagediscrimination.  (At least the jobs issue.  Don't know about the vampire issue.)  Downloading the new version now.
« Last Edit: 2006 November 04, 06:52:34 by TreyNutz » Logged

Just coincidence but it works.
miros
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
Re: Is it a wolf or a sim?
« Reply #1 on: 2006 November 04, 09:47:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Lastly, is it normal to get wants to be friends with pets?  The whole household gets that want for Alegra (she's the only pet at the moment, but Chester is friendly to all the wolves and I think he's gotten that want with some of the other wolves that have stopped by).  They also get wants to command Alegra to do the tricks she's learned.  I don't know what's normal and what isn't is this game.

All those sound normal.
Havelock
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 November 06, 13:36:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm i get strange wishes from my Sims. One had stuck a wish to win a Game against his pet and speak to it. What game would he win and how to speak to his pet. All he can do is praise or scold it. I am confuzzled.
miros
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 November 06, 14:46:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sounds like a job for Lot Debugger/Reroll Wants.
TreyNutz
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 November 06, 15:51:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sims can teach a dog to 'speak' on command.  They can also teach the parrot to talk.  After that, they that talk to the parrot and they practically have a conversation with it.  Unfortunately you have to feed the bird 3x a day.  You might get away with 2x, but certainly not 1x a day.  My mother had a grey african parrot for years and I think she'd change the seeds every other day.   I don't understand why birds in the game eat so much.

jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 November 06, 16:34:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yea, that's annoying, but Squinge made a mod that makes the parrot food 'everlasting'.  Gets rid of one annoyance at least -- my parrots always ran out of food in the middle of the night, and I hated have to wake a sim up to feed them.  Since they don't have hunger bars, you never know how close they are to dying of starvation.

OTOH, not only does talking to a parrot give the sim fun and social, they also gain charisma.  Parrots are very handy for sims living alone. Smiley

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
TreyNutz
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 November 06, 17:45:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was wondering what my sims were learning when they talked to the bird.  I'll look into Squinge's hack.  I wouldn't mind feeding the parrot 1x a day though.  Most of the household are vampires, so feeding in the middle of the day just isn't going to happen.

Danton
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 November 07, 18:11:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Then I got Alegra a job....in the Athletic career as a team mascot.  Didn't think anything of it.  It's my first pet in the game, first pet job, I had no idea what the pet careers are.  Clicking on Alegra's job panel crashes the game to the desktop.

Known issue related to an outdated version of the noagediscrimination mod. Update your version.
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 November 08, 00:32:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Known issue related to an outdated version of the noagediscrimination mod. Update your version.

to bad you didn't actually read Treys whole post, you wasted your time because at the end of his first post it says "edit2: it was an old version of noagediscrimination.  (At least the jobs issue.  Don't know about the vampire issue.)  Downloading the new version now."

Danton
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 November 08, 16:45:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

to(sic) bad you didn't actually read Treys whole post, you wasted your time because at the end of his first post it says "edit2: it was an old version of noagediscrimination.  (At least the jobs issue.  Don't know about the vampire issue.)  Downloading the new version now."

I wasted mine trying to be helpful, but I feel sad about how you choose to waste yours.
Let's stay cool, okay?
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 November 08, 17:36:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

[Let's stay cool, okay?

Heh -- obviously you haven't read many threads on this site yet.  Our job is to point and laugh at people. Smiley  By MATY standards, Sleepycat WAS being cool...

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
TreyNutz
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 November 08, 17:42:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I probably shouldn't have even bothered to post this.  But I had taken all the job related hacks I could remember and still had the glitch.  When you go through a list of 222 files they all tend to run together.  It wasn't until I started taking out half, then half again, etc until I got down to a reasonable number that I suspected it was the noagediscrimination hack.

I finally went to the all hack list for Pets and downloaded everything with a modified date after Pets released.  Definitely something I should have done right away.  Oh well, I chose to be lazy.

Wedgetail
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 November 09, 04:02:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You're not the only one experiencing this problem Trey http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,6372.0.html  Smiley

I live like I type, fast with a lot of mistakes...*sigh*

My imaginary friend thinks you've got serious mental problems...
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: