More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 27, 23:25:09

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Sim stuck at Secret Society. Can't go home.
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Sim stuck at Secret Society. Can't go home.  (Read 7126 times)
BattyCoda
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
Sim stuck at Secret Society. Can't go home.
« on: 2006 November 09, 02:11:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, I think I broke it. Anybody know how I can fix it? My sim got abducted from his Greek House, but got stuck at the table for some reason after they handcuffed him. The limo waited a long time but finally left and I got the "Going to SS" screen. He got out of the limo at the SS fine. Able to do stuff there, but when I tried to send him home, I couldn't. He can't use his cell phone and he doesn't get the Go Home option when he tries to use the SS phone.

Help?
Wedgetail
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Re: Sim stuck at Secret Society. Can't go home.
« Reply #1 on: 2006 November 09, 02:19:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Exit out to neighbourhood view (if you are able to) and go into the greek house, if your sim is not there then open the cheat window Ctrl Shift C and type in boolprop testingcheatsenabled true hold down the shift key and click on a sim in the house, from the pie menu select spawn then tombstone of L&D now click on the tombstone and from the pie menu select get family member and the sims name should be there.

To turn off the debugging tool open the cheat window again and type in boolprop testingcheatsenabled false and you can sell/delete the tombstone in build/buy mode if you wish Smiley

This is only a work around though, it won't stop what is causing the problem in your secret society though, sorry I've no idea what is causing that, perhaps a conflict with your custom content Huh

I live like I type, fast with a lot of mistakes...*sigh*

My imaginary friend thinks you've got serious mental problems...
BattyCoda
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 November 09, 02:29:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Should I save when I exit to the neighborhood screen or not?
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 November 09, 03:56:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It happened to me too once. The Limo came, the policeman cuffed my sim, but then the sim was stucked at home, and the limo  left. I could send him to the SS, but I couldn't send him home.

It happens when the abducting is not performed right (game bug). If there is not enough space for the abductor - the abduction is cancelled, and the limo leaves. 

When the sim was at the SS, I exited without save, and enterred his home again. He appeared near the mail box, without the limo showing up. Had to wait for another properly-made abduction. I didn't use any Boolprop actions, just waited for the abduction.

From then on, when I am sure that the sim is going to be abducted, I put him to play alone at any open space outside (usually darts), without objects around. I watch the sims, and at 11 PM one of them always freeze - he is the one to be abducted. Immediately I order him to play darts outside, and the abduction is performed well.
Wedgetail
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 November 09, 04:04:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, the boolprop was just a suggestion if the abducted sim wasn't there when the lot was reloaded Wink and BattyCoda, no don't save when you exit the SS lot, sorry at work here, I sign into the site and sign out again depending on free time Embarrassed apologies for any delay in replying Smiley

I live like I type, fast with a lot of mistakes...*sigh*

My imaginary friend thinks you've got serious mental problems...
BattyCoda
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 November 09, 04:43:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks so much gali...and Wedgetail...no worries. I'll just get out and try again next time.

I really appreciate your help.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: