More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 25, 15:34:29

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  I've got a frigid sim here...
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: I've got a frigid sim here...  (Read 10348 times)
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
I've got a frigid sim here...
« on: 2006 November 03, 15:05:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm not posting this in "Oops! You Broke It!" since I'm more curious as to what's causing it than looking for an actual fix.
I'm having a wee bit of trouble with this sim.
He's a fortune sim (knowledge sim until he switched aspiration in college), his personality is 10 neat (7 genetic), 10 outgoing, 10 active (9 genetic), 1 playful and 1 nice, and the trouble with him is that he will just not fall in love.
As a teen he had two dream dates, with two different girls.  I managed to get in a first kiss, and both girls developed both pink and read hearts for him, while he didn't even get a crush on them.  It wasn't too important then, so I didn't fuzz over it.
Now he's in college and I've found him a potential breeding partner.  She's a romance sim, they have two lightning bolts, and had two dream dates together so far.  She fell for him completely on the first date, he is still completely unaffected by her.
Their relationship is 100/100 and has been so for two semesters, they've made out and woohooed and on the last date he even had the option to propose to her (which I made him do).  He's rolled the want to fall in love with her, and they're engaged, damn it, but still not as much as a crush.

Now, the only hacks I have are the director's cut, and in that the only thing I can think of to cause this is the romance mod and/or noinstantlove.  It's fine with me that best friends don't fall in love with each other just because one threw a piece of chicken at the other during dinner, but this is a bit extreme.
Is it because he's so serious and grumpy, or is it something else that's making him frigid.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: I've got a frigid sim here...
« Reply #1 on: 2006 November 03, 15:07:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Beiing serious and grumpy would definitely be a big combination hit. A mere 2 bolts is a pretty shitty match to boot. He's a serious, not very nice man, with an unpleasantness on the level of me. You think he's gonna settle for a mere 2? Pssh. Man's got standards.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 November 03, 15:09:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Too bad for him.  He's going to marry her whether he likes it or not.
Will he ever come around, or will he go around forever like that?

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 November 03, 15:13:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Too bad for him.  He's going to marry her whether he likes it or not.
Will he ever come around, or will he go around forever like that?
Nothing wrong with a good, old-fashioned arranged marriage. Tongue He may come around, or he may not, depending on how crappy the match really is. When all else fails, there's also drugs. Tongue

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 November 03, 15:20:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If he grows a beard they'll have all each other's turn-ons matching.
Both their aspiration and zodiacs are neutral towards each other.

As long as they can spawn they can hate each other for all I care.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Viscountess
Batelle
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 November 03, 15:36:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have you tried juicing his intended with Love Potion?  I've had three-bolt married couples not be able to fall in love after one of them is resurrected, and having one of them drink the Love Potion worked perfectly.
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 November 03, 15:49:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I gave him a sideburn and some subtle mascara and he finally fell in love.  Still just two bolts, but it worked.
Is sim attraction absolute values, or can they have two and a half lighting bolts towards each other?

Just a thought.  Considering that he's not a very nice person, doesn't it seem a bit odd that he would care that although she lived up to all his turn-ons, he did not live up to hers?  Shouldn't he be completely unconserned about her wants and needs and just go for the person who's the most attractive to him whether or not they actually make a good match?
I can't imagine a person as crouchy as him having to grow a beard to feel that he's worthy his sweetheart.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Baroness
cwieberdink
Retarded Reprobate

Dark and evil penguins!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 November 03, 16:01:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Gwill, I think this would be so cool!  I've never seen sims at 100/100 have romantic interactions and NOT fall in love, but I tend to make everyone happy and fun.  LOL.  I need to make a serious grouchy sim.  This could be verrrry entertaining.

c

Darkerdink -- aide to Dark_Trepie.  Now with moar dark!
Meska
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 November 03, 16:29:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Coral and Herb Oldie has this going on in my game after adding noinstantlove. I think it has to do with the fact that Coral is a family sim and Herb is a romance sim and those just aren't compatible. Herb falls for Coral alright but Coral just never get the little hearts. They manage to get through the day to day marriage type things ok but I suppose maybe that's just Coral being traditional and sticking by the man she married even if he turned out not to be all she hoped for.

"Ten percent of nothin' is, let me do the math here...nothin' and a nothin', carry the nothin'..."
neriana
Souped!

Donatello

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 November 03, 16:32:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had Sims with NO bolts fall in love independently. I also had a Sim fall in love with a woman with whom he had one bolt instead of the two others he was romancing with whom he had two bolts each. Attraction seems to be kinda meaningless when it comes to falling in love for Sims. It just makes them follow each other around more Tongue.

I've experiments to run, there is research to be done on the people who are still alive.
Velax
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 November 03, 16:40:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Perhaps it depends on their Aspiration, as well? I have a Romance sim that I can make fall in love with anyone, even if she has an 'x' for them, attraction-wise.
« Last Edit: 2006 November 03, 16:52:32 by Velax » Logged
twojeffs
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: 2006 November 03, 16:43:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is sim attraction absolute values, or can they have two and a half lighting bolts towards each other?

No, it's not an absolute number for each # of bolts it's a range.
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 November 03, 16:56:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, it's not an absolute number for each # of bolts it's a range.

That's nice to know...  So that sideburn tipped the scales.
If I can ask a bunch of other silly questions...  Is the attraction scale linear?  Does it go from -1 through 0 to 3 bolts, or just from -1 to 1, 2, 3 bolts?  Or in other words; is "zero bolts" an actual state of attraction or just a lack of information about attraction?

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Baron
Marhis
Terrible Twerp

ISTP. Officially male since she plays MUDs

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 November 03, 16:59:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think it's the noinstantlove hack: I've had a similar experience (hack installed): bolt X crossed, he flirted with her anyway and get a crush. Now their relationship is 100/100: he is in love with her, but she's not, neither a crush, nothing. Can't use ACR neither: she rejects him all the time.
The funniest thing is that she is my sim-me *grin*. It's one of the most amusing stories I've played so far *_*.

I say that a wise, when he does not know what he is talking about, should know enough to keep his mouth shut. -- C. Collodi, Pinocchio.
------
The one and only Rhayden's AIDE. Accept no substitutes.
miros
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 November 03, 17:30:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OHH!  I gotta make an "arranged marriage" family and see what happens...
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006 November 03, 18:19:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just a thought.  Considering that he's not a very nice person, doesn't it seem a bit odd that he would care that although she lived up to all his turn-ons, he did not live up to hers?  Shouldn't he be completely unconserned about her wants and needs and just go for the person who's the most attractive to him whether or not they actually make a good match?
No Instant Love already does that. Only unilateral attraction, not bolts, affects things. The fact that you managed to make it happen by flipping his turn-ons is purely coincidence, there must already have been a low chance for it to eventually happen and you just finally hit it.

Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2006 November 03, 18:47:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OK, seems logical.
Another question.  When he finally did fall for her, crush and love happened at the same time (as it often does in the game).  Isn't there some sensible way to seperate the two a bit more and make them distinctely different things?

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2006 November 03, 19:50:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't know but it seems like my "fortune  sims have the hardest time Falling in love and its frustrating. My Family Sims on the other hand seem to fall in love at the drop of a hat Tongue

I have joined the ranks of many herre and have been banned from Brynnes forum.I must say the pleasure is all mine in having been banned from there .Self absorbed bragging is tiring  after awhile.
Metalkatt
Feckless Fool

INTP. Quiet, but deadly.

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2006 November 03, 20:17:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OK, seems logical.
Another question.  When he finally did fall for her, crush and love happened at the same time (as it often does in the game).  Isn't there some sensible way to seperate the two a bit more and make them distinctely different things?

If I remember correctly, when the LTR>70, it triggers the love-red hearts, and when LTR<70, it triggers the pink hearts.  To separate crush and love, they'd have to be snoogling before their LTR's > 70.

"The voices are talking to me again..."
"You're in class, stupid."

Yes, you're in my noun, verbing my noun.  Now, go away, and let me be!
Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2006 November 04, 02:09:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Fortune sims, when in love and married, rarely want to do it with ACR. I think they just aren't interested in all that stuff. Get him a job and let him make money, and he'll be happy as a clam.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2006 November 04, 14:10:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OK, seems logical.
They are seperate and have seperate chances. Love will never occur before the crush state, although both may occur concurrently in a single action due to the vagaries of sadorandom chance.

Basically, your base % chance of getting stung with a love/crush heart is the unilateral attraction value. This is modified by the linear range of [-10% to +10%] for Grouchy/Nice and [-5% to +5%] for Serious/Playful. Romance sims receive a +25%, pleasure sims receive +10%. This makes them somewhat "easy", but also means they'll likely be hit before the other sim will. A quick "check sim out" will quickly reveal your prospects: A response from your sim of "Eew" or "Meh" means your relationship has a somewhat limited future. Naturally, there are ways to brute-force the issue.
« Last Edit: 2006 November 04, 14:16:19 by J. M. Pescado » Logged

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: