More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 25, 12:37:14

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Three issues, one thread - not at all vague ;)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Three issues, one thread - not at all vague ;)  (Read 5829 times)
syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

ISTJ - what a crazy random happenstance

View Profile WWW
Three issues, one thread - not at all vague ;)
« on: 2006 November 02, 06:56:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Alright, I have three issues, and although I was tempted to start three separate threads for them, I thought that would be overkill. Tongue

Anyhew, here are my issues:

1) I was on a uni comm lot. it has a coffee bar thingie. and somehow... I ended up with two coffee bar npcs. Is that npc barista spawn bug thing? Do we still need a fix for this? I had thought that one of the OFB patches resolved this? Or did we get screwed over yet again because Maxis EA reverted back to older code in ZOMGPETZWTF!?!?!?111111oneone?

2) While I was on the uni comm lot, I bought coffee for a sim. Despite having nodiningwithscum, the sim that I bought coffee for decided to sit at a table that only had two seats where one of them was already occupied by a stranger who was eating by himself. I thought nodiningwithscum should prevent sims from trying to sit with strangers at comm lots? This was a regular uni comm lot, not an owned business lot.

Anyhew, if nodiningwithscum doesn't already do this, or if it got borked by ZOMGPETZ!!111 then, can you upgrade/fix this? It would have been nice if the sim I bought coffee for actually sat with my sim at the same table, so they can actually look like they are having a conversation together. Roll Eyes If anything, even tho I had just met him, I think he should at least search out a table that is totally unoccupied first, so then hopefully my sim will be smart enough and actually choose to sit down next to him. Tongue

I thought nodiningwithscum should cause sims to actively seek out unoccupied tables first, and then search for tables that are at least occupied by sims they are friends with or family with, and then sims they have at least met before, and only as a last resort choose total strangers they have never met.

3) I tried using the gypsy matchmaker the other night. I am pretty sure this was well after midnight. This was a YA, so she didn't have much money and I only paid about 260$ simoleons. Anyhew, the date showed up, but I did not automatically get the date meter pushed. They were forced to greet each other and did the handshake, however there was no date meter. I tried to at least get them to macro.../socialize/...friendly so I could eventually get the option to ask for a date, but I think he ended up leaving. I turned my attention to my other playable sim and when I came back, he was gone. Tongue

So, my question is... does the date meter always get pushed whenever you use the matchmaker, no matter what? i.e. regardless of what time it is or how much you pay, you should always get the meter? Is this a buggy thing that just happened to me or has it happened to anyone else? I'm trying to determine if this is a random fluke or if it was dependent on the fact that I was so cheap, or because it was in the middle of the night, or if I have to go digging through my hacks. I don't think I have anything that affects the gypsy directly... I do have antiredundancy and twojeffs visitor controller. But I haven't placed a ban on anybody. Undecided

Ste
« Last Edit: 2006 November 02, 07:52:21 by syberspunk » Logged

Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
Re: Three issues, one thread - not at all vague ;)
« Reply #1 on: 2006 November 02, 07:03:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

3) I tried using the gypsy matchmaker the other night. I am pretty sure this was well after midnight. This was a YA, so she didn't have much money and I only paid about 260$ simoleons. Anyhew, the date showed up, but I did not automatically get the date meter pushed. They were forced to greet each other and did the handshake, however there was no date meter. I tried to at least get them to macro.../socialize/...friendly so I could eventually get the option to ask for a date, but I think he ended up leaving. I turned my attention to my other playable sim and when I came back, he was gone. Tongue

So, my question is... does the date meter always get pushed whenever you use the matchmaker, no matter what? i.e. regardless of what time it is or how much you pay, you should always get the meter? Is this a buggy thing that just happened to me or has it happened to anyone else? I'm trying to determine if this is a random fluke or if it was dependent on the fact that I was so cheap, or because it was in the middle of the night, or if I have to go digging through my hacks. I don't think I have anything that affects the gypsy directly... I do have antiredundancy and twojeffs visitor controller. But I haven't placed a ban on anybody. Undecided

Ste

My gypsy is broken too, I never get the date meter. What happens is the date falls from the sky and sort of runs to the mailbox and no automatic 'greet' happens. Huh I don't have OMGPetZ but I have UNI NL OFB FFS and Glamour. No visitor controller either. I tend to use the crystal ball to get dates for my sims now. I had this problem with just Uni and NL installed too.

syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2006 November 02, 07:09:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My gypsy is broken too, I never get the date meter. What happens is the date falls from the sky and sort of runs to the mailbox and no automatic 'greet' happens. Huh I don't have OMGPetZ but I have UNI NL OFB FFS and Glamour. No visitor controller either. I tend to use the crystal ball to get dates for my sims now. I had this problem with just Uni and NL installed too.

Thanks Emma. At least I know it isn't just me... Tongue When you use the crystal ball however, does it auto force the date and start the date meter? I like that the cystal ball is better and what not, but I kinda wanted my poor sims to face the consequences of using the gypsy matchmaker hehe. Only I don't want them to get ripped off because the date meter thing is broken. I can deal with quirky bad dates or bad matches, it's this buggy date meter thing that upsets me. *sighs*

Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2006 November 02, 07:13:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well I haven't used it in a while, but it always did work just like the gypsy - date meter, autogreet, everything...I'll try it out later and make sure it still works as it should. I haven't made any new sims in a while and all my teens go to college and meet their partners there Cheesy

nocomment
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 November 02, 12:06:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't used the gypsy in ages.  When I use Twojeffs crystal ball, the sims greet each other, but the date meter doesn't appear.

Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2006 November 02, 15:21:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Tested mine, and it works as it should, with the date meter and everything Wink

miros
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 November 02, 15:27:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well I haven't used it in a while, but it always did work just like the gypsy - date meter, autogreet, everything...I'll try it out later and make sure it still works as it should. I haven't made any new sims in a while and all my teens go to college and meet their partners there Cheesy

If my Sims haven't met their "double lightning bolt" by the time they're Juniors, I like to have the option to quickly find out who's compatible...
nocomment
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 November 02, 17:32:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Emma - are you using the new crystal ball?  I'm using the old one.  Maybe that's the difference.

As for the original question - when I did use the gypsy matchmaker, it always resulted in a timed date.  I find it suspicious that you didn't get a date meter.  I don't know if this is a hack thing, or a Pets glitch.  If I remember I'll try the gypsy when I play today.

Meska
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 November 02, 17:33:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It would have been nice if the sim I bought coffee for actually sat with my sim at the same table, so they can actually look like they are having a conversation together. Roll Eyes If anything, even tho I had just met him, I think he should at least search out a table that is totally unoccupied first, so then hopefully my sim will be smart enough and actually choose to sit down next to him. Tongue

If your sim had bought him dinner would you have expected him to casual woohoo? *laughs* sorry I couldn't resist. The whole "can I buy you a drink?" "sure, thanks for the drink *walks away*" scenerio just amused me too much. ~.^

"Ten percent of nothin' is, let me do the math here...nothin' and a nothin', carry the nothin'..."
syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: 2006 November 02, 18:16:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If your sim had bought him dinner would you have expected him to casual woohoo? *laughs* sorry I couldn't resist. The whole "can I buy you a drink?" "sure, thanks for the drink *walks away*" scenerio just amused me too much. ~.^

Lol. Well... I did think it was kinda rude. Tongue I mean... that usually is the assumption that, after buying someone a drink, they would like to sit down and share a moment of conversation with you. I guess he was more interested in the guy chowin down on his burger instead. Roll Eyes

I took a look at the code and the game is supposed to push the interaction onto the blind date when they are summoned. It is supposed to check if the sim is still in the process of falling. I suppose that once they have landed, the game should instantiate the date timer controller thingy. I'm not sure why this would fail to happen, because the interaction is supposed to keep idling until they are done falling and then launch the date timer. As far as I know, I don't have any hacks that should interfere with this. Undecided

I'll have to do some testing maybe later today.

Ste
« Last Edit: 2006 November 02, 21:17:21 by syberspunk » Logged

Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 November 02, 19:03:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think we can pretty much assume any changes made in OFBp2 went bye-bye when ZOMGPETS!!1111oneoneone was installed since it uses code prior to the patch. Sad

Actually, I had been thinking of making a Frankensteined objects.package based on the one from OFBp2 + the new stuff in Pets, but that would probably cause a BFBVFS and there were also quite a number of old items that got updated so that pets could use them.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: 2006 November 02, 19:08:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Emma - are you using the new crystal ball?  I'm using the old one.  Maybe that's the difference.

As for the original question - when I did use the gypsy matchmaker, it always resulted in a timed date.  I find it suspicious that you didn't get a date meter.  I don't know if this is a hack thing, or a Pets glitch.  If I remember I'll try the gypsy when I play today.

I am using the old 'disappearing' one Cheesy

miros
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 November 02, 19:08:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Isn't that sort of the point of jfade's new utility?  To bring things up to date with Pets?
syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: 2006 November 02, 21:24:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Isn't that sort of the point of jfade's new utility?  To bring things up to date with Pets?

Although Josh's utility is certainly awesome, afaik it only updates objects. You can't use it to update the object.package which, despite its name, is not the same thing. The object.package contains the "object" code for all "objects" in the game, which includes sims, controllers, and other stuff. I'm pretty sure jfade's utility pretty much just updates furniture. The object.package contains the "code" for how interactions work, and it appears that the group who was working on the ZOMGPETZ expansion was using the pre-OFBp2 code, so many of the things that were broken before the patch are broken again. Tongue

Ste

Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 November 02, 21:50:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The gypsy is a fraud. So that's part of your problem.

I did have lots of problems with her and the visitor controller in its previous iteration, but it seems to be okay since ZOMGPets!!111. It is set by default to ban the gypsy, mind you.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006 November 03, 01:58:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

1) I was on a uni comm lot. it has a coffee bar thingie. and somehow... I ended up with two coffee bar npcs. Is that npc barista spawn bug thing? Do we still need a fix for this? I had thought that one of the OFB patches resolved this? Or did we get screwed over yet again because Maxis EA reverted back to older code in ZOMGPETZWTF!?!?!?111111oneone?
No idea. Were they both present at once? Did you have antiredundancy? The game likes to spawn up to 3 otherwise.

2) While I was on the uni comm lot, I bought coffee for a sim. Despite having nodiningwithscum, the sim that I bought coffee for decided to sit at a table that only had two seats where one of them was already occupied by a stranger who was eating by himself. I thought nodiningwithscum should prevent sims from trying to sit with strangers at comm lots? This was a regular uni comm lot, not an owned business lot.
Where a sim plops his fat ugly butt down to drink a coffee is pretty much based on the closest, highest-scoring chair in the room without regard other factors. Try to enclose the coffee area to prevent this.

Anyhew, if nodiningwithscum doesn't already do this, or if it got borked by ZOMGPETZ!!111 then, can you upgrade/fix this? It would have been nice if the sim I bought coffee for actually sat with my sim at the same table, so they can actually look like they are having a conversation together. Roll Eyes If anything, even tho I had just met him, I think he should at least search out a table that is totally unoccupied first, so then hopefully my sim will be smart enough and actually choose to sit down next to him. Tongue
Make the coffee area a seperate room so they don't seek chairs beyond the tables. Also, coffeedrinking needs no tables, so just give them a bench.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: 2006 November 03, 02:26:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No idea. Were they both present at once? Did you have antiredundancy? The game likes to spawn up to 3 otherwise.

Yes, they were. Originally, there was just one... I turned my attention away, I come back and another snuck his way onto the lot. Afaik, I did have antiredundancy in there. This happened just yesterday, so I did not have the last/most recent update in.

Where a sim plops his fat ugly butt down to drink a coffee is pretty much based on the closest, highest-scoring chair in the room without regard other factors. Try to enclose the coffee area to prevent this.

Hrm. So nodiningwithscum doesn't affect choice of seat on comm lots? Hrm...

Make the coffee area a seperate room so they don't seek chairs beyond the tables. Also, coffeedrinking needs no tables, so just give them a bench.

Well, this was a default uni comm lot, so the configuration is totally Maxis EA. Oh well, just thought I'd give it a shot. I guess I misunderstood what nodiningwithscum did. Is that only in effect at restaurants? If so, it would be nice to have this for comm lots as well. I mean sure, you tend to meet new ppl, but for the most part, I think people tend to not sit directly next to total strangers unless all other places are occupied. And even then, some people would prefer to stand alone. Tongue

Ste

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: