More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 20, 07:09:28

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Flashing Blue Accessories
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Flashing Blue Accessories  (Read 12450 times)
Liz
Stupid Schlemiel

Li'l Shiv will totally cut a bitch.

View Profile
Flashing Blue Accessories
« on: 2006 November 02, 05:22:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know this should be a simple fix, but for some reason it's eluding me...

Since installing Pets, my sims' accessories (necklaces and such) have started that annoying, flashing blue dance. I've tried deleting accessories.cache and rebooting, but the problem continues. Does anyone know what I'm missing here?

Thanks,
Liz

"It is always useful to face an enemy who is prepared to die for his country. This means that both you and he have exactly the same aim in mind." -General Tacticus
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
Re: Flashing Blue Accessories
« Reply #1 on: 2006 November 02, 05:27:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nope...  but I've got the same problem with some of mine.

Weird thing is...  I only have ear rings installed, but the one particular set that keeps flashing at me, flashes as though it's a necklace as well as ear rings.
starrling
Giraffe Person
Pinheaded Pissant

nyah

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 November 02, 05:42:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have that same problem, but also have another item that is categorized as eyeglasses (but is actually a watch) which leaves a blue trail wherever my sim goes.  Weird but liveable. 

BillieFrank
« Reply #3 on: 2006 November 02, 05:48:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a similar problem where parts of a mesh I made for earrings don't display at all.  The gold part shows up, but the part that is supposed to be diamond doesn't show up unless viewed from the side.  It's like that part of the model/uv map just disappeared on me.
ganymede
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 November 02, 06:26:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had the falshing blue problem, but I used Christianlov's clothing rack to 'change appearance', and replaced the offending accessories, and no problem after that. (I'll have to do more testing to find out whether the specific items always act that way, but I suspect not, as when beds were flashing I replaced them with the exact same bed and it didn't flash at all. something to do with adjusting files or whatnot. Surprisingly little has been wrong so far.
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2006 November 02, 07:25:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had flashing blue stuff since OFB (haven't got pets)  I'm just changing them to something that works and deleting them in game.  I can't be bothered working out what has gone wrong.  It would take me forever to find the offending item in Downloads and it doesn't feel like something I could fix either.  Messing around in downloads takes for ever and Life's too short.

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
Theo
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 November 02, 10:48:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Could it be another case of missing content after installing Pests?

I have the same effect, but that happens because I intentionally deleted some accessories... Tongue

The mesh still appears because it's embedded in the sim's character file, but there's no texture for it.
Vren Lyet
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 November 02, 11:02:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have those flashing accessories, too.

When I update the accessorie wearing sim's appearance everything's okay till I reload the lot.
Also, townies that I made wear those accessories reset to the blue flashing each time they enter the lot.

Weirder even, necklaces do not move with the sim's body - e.g. they stay put when the sim leans down to pick up the paper.

This all started after PETS was installed.

Black holes suck!
SimJymm
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 November 02, 11:04:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Having same problem with necklace/earring combos.  I'm running Pets with all the other expansions inc Glamour. I'm pretty sure all the custom content I have in the game have the proper meshes.  I'm wondering if there is a conflict with the way EA is handling the pet accessories.

"Search" and Ye shall Find.
Liz
Stupid Schlemiel

Li'l Shiv will totally cut a bitch.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 November 02, 11:13:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yep, that's exactly the problem, Vren. Rassafrassa Pets. I really an enjoying the hell out of the game, but the glitchy weirdness that always seems to crop up with each new EP seems to have hit a new high with this one. Or a new low. You pick. Wink

And thanks for the suggestion, Theo, but the content is all there. I actually wiped out all my neighbourhoods and started them fresh just a day or two ago, and these were sims just freshly CAS'ed. So the accessories were all there when the sims were made - and they show up in the thumbnail pics just fine (an like Vren said, will correct with a Change Appearance, so long as you don't leave the lot). But for some reason, since OMGPetz!!!!111oneone was installed, the accessories just won't stay put.

I'm confident this is a problem that will be fixed before too long, though. We have far too may brilliant minds in this community for it not to be. Still... *grumble*

Liz

"It is always useful to face an enemy who is prepared to die for his country. This means that both you and he have exactly the same aim in mind." -General Tacticus
kattybiz
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 November 02, 15:31:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm having the same problem.  It gets fixed after I go to a mirror and change appearance.  I didn't have to replace anything - I clicked the check mark and suddenly everything worked again.

I'm glad it's an easy fix, but damn, it's annoying.
V
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 November 02, 17:29:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

One of my photo booth pictures started flashing blue and took over the floor tile in front of it so my sim could not stand on that floor tile at all. I moved the picture to another spot because I needed that particular floor tile to work, but the photo is still a flashing blue screen. Other photo booth photos on the same lot are fine.

I want people to stop saying, "Son of a bitch". Instead we should say "Son of an ASS" because that is more accurate. Spread the word!

jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 November 02, 17:47:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

One of my photo booth pictures started flashing blue and took over the floor tile in front of it so my sim could not stand on that floor tile at all. I moved the picture to another spot because I needed that particular floor tile to work, but the photo is still a flashing blue screen. Other photo booth photos on the same lot are fine.

Yea, that happened to a lot of the photos when you installed OFB for the first time too.  Didn't happen to all of them, and there was no way to fix it that I've ever heard.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 November 02, 18:58:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have problems with some accessory meshes, but not all.
They all show up and seem to work fine in Bodyshop and CAS, so it's not a matter of missing content, but in game they flash blue.

It's some kind of pets issue.  Hopefully maxis will fix it, because I don't look forwards to trying to hunt down all these items myself when I can't see that they're broken in CAS.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 November 02, 19:29:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, I had a pair of earrings do that. Worked in CAS, but in game they flashed blue, and when my sim sat down, her earrings started floating over her head!

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
miros
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006 November 02, 22:48:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My game would periodically disassociate accessories from the Sim wearing them before Pets.  Don't think I've seen it since tho.
Strangel
Nitwitted Nuisance

Strangelet watches Star Wars with an iPhone. Geek.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: 2006 November 03, 10:29:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have those flashing accessories, too.

When I update the accessorie wearing sim's appearance everything's okay till I reload the lot.
Also, townies that I made wear those accessories reset to the blue flashing each time they enter the lot.

Weirder even, necklaces do not move with the sim's body - e.g. they stay put when the sim leans down to pick up the paper.

This all started after PETS was installed.
Perfectly describes a single pair of "dagger-cross" style earrings one of my sims wears wore. The third time I had to wait through the Change Appearance to load so I could take them off her then put them back on, I had enough. Took em off, leavin em off till there's a fix.

Jelendra: Welcome to the dark side. We have Eric. [True Blood Thread]
[14:26] notovny: Indeed. Pepperidge Farm Breakfast Kittens are delicious.
Om-Nom-Nomed as Throat of #grah 08.07.08 ISFP
Vren Lyet
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2006 November 03, 12:19:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Same here...no nice accessories for my sims until someone (maybe even EA?) fixes this.

Black holes suck!
pioupiou
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2006 November 03, 13:21:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't have problems with my sims' accessories, but I did have with my vampires' fangs. Exactly the same : they were flashing blue, a trip to the mirror solved it, and next time I load the lot, again flashing blue. It seems to have corrected itself when I change my default replacement for vampire skin. It only happened on male vampires though.
I don't know if it's related or not.....

Pioupiou
ZiggyDoodle
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2006 November 03, 14:53:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Don't have the flashing blue problem - only thing that happens in my game is when a pet and cleanbot are vying for the same space, the cleanbot quite spectacularly erupts in a flash of multicolored light and lands back on its base.  Rather fun to watch and no harm done.

Anyway, am curious if installing the newest version of CEP might clear up the blue flashes.

Vren Lyet
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2006 November 03, 17:32:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In the CEP thread they remind you that CEP has nothing to do with accessories, hair and stuff - just objects, as it's only purpose is to add recoloring options to maxis objects. Tongue

Black holes suck!
cheriem
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2006 November 04, 17:24:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have the same problem with my jewlery accessories.   I tried changing appearance a couple of times but any time my sim put on the thinking cap or went off lot or showed up as a non playable on another lot, their jewlery started flashing blue.  Frst solution, took out the folder they're contained in.  Flowers for hair, veils, etc. all still work for me, just not earrings/necklace or earrings as a stand alone.  I'm storing the folder on my storage drive so hopefully I can put it back soon? (hint, hint)  Cheesy

SimJymm
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2006 November 12, 12:00:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Dr Pixel has a working theory and a workaround.   It seems that the problem might not be easy to fix!
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=202762

"Search" and Ye shall Find.
Nepheris
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2006 November 12, 13:35:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had the same problem. When I sent my sims to the mirror it was fixed untill I reloaded the lot, but it seems that after using Pescado's clothing tool the problem is now permanently solved.
miros
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2006 November 12, 14:43:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's why Dr Pixel says to save the lot with no accessories.  I'm glad he's going to try to fix the mesh tho.

Someone in another thread here said they upgraded the video card drivers and the problem went away too.
« Last Edit: 2006 November 12, 18:15:49 by miros » Logged
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: