More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 24, 02:00:32

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Problem installing OfB
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Problem installing OfB  (Read 3125 times)
Aggie
Smackable Punbot
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
Problem installing OfB
« on: 2006 November 02, 05:00:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm having a bit of a problem installing OfB on my computer. It seems to be going fine until it hits the 94% mark, and then I get the following message:

'A problem occurred when trying to transfer the file 'C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The SIms 2 Open For Business/Support/config.xml' from the media.

Do you want to retry to copy the file, or cancel the installation?'

I've already removed my Downloads and Saved Sims folders. Could anyone give me some insight as to what exactly I could be doing wrong here? Could I have altered a game file that shouldn't have been tampered with by mistake?

Quote from: Esoteric PolarBear
"I don't believe in the edit button; it goes against the very core of my being."
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Problem installing OfB
« Reply #1 on: 2006 November 02, 06:36:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Your CD might be damaged. Try manually copying the contents to a temp directory on your HD and installing from there. If the copying process borks, your CD is probably toast. You will have to acquire another one somewhere.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Aggie
Smackable Punbot
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
Re: Problem installing OfB
« Reply #2 on: 2006 November 02, 07:07:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I didn't have any problem copying any of the files into a different directory. The problem I'm having now is similar but earlier. I've compared what the Nightlife and Uni area of the C:/Program Files/EA Games... folders look like and I've manually moved all of the files into the correct areas, but now that I've done that, I get the error message immediately.  Huh

Thanks for the input, J.M.

ETA: Would simply deleting that file cause irreparable harm to my game, do you think?

ETA2: Well, I went ahead and removed the file. I figured it wouldn't hurt since it was in the Support folder and shouldn't alter Gameplay in any way. This seems to have fixed the problem. I can play it just fine now. Smiley
« Last Edit: 2006 November 02, 23:51:01 by denimjo » Logged

Quote from: Esoteric PolarBear
"I don't believe in the edit button; it goes against the very core of my being."
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: