More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 21:02:27

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Moody sims: furious and contact in NightLife
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Moody sims: furious and contact in NightLife  (Read 6613 times)
Torkle
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
Moody sims: furious and contact in NightLife
« on: 2005 September 18, 14:04:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm seeing some odd new things in the relationship panel after installing NightLife.

Furious - Red overlay in the relationship panel that lasts for a few days.  So far, these are due to jealosy.  Social reactions are downright unfriendly between furious sims.

Contact - Blue overlay in the relationship panel that lasts for a few days.  Reactions seem to be more positive with the "contact" sim.  What the heck is this?  This guy (the contact) called my sim after she had a dream date with another sim and said that he (the contact) was referred by him (the dream date).  What is going on here?

Are there any other new relationship states in NightLife?

---
Torkle
miramis
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
Re: Moody sims: furious and contact in NightLife
« Reply #1 on: 2005 September 18, 14:27:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What I noticed was that after a sim had a great date, she had a phonecall from a townie saying she'd heard my sim was great fun to be with and did she want to go on a group outing.  When my sim and the rest of the group got together I noticed this contact thing for each sim.  My guess is that it's some sort friendship boost thing going on that lasts for a set amount of time like the 'angry' one.  I think it's to make friends easier.
Andygal
Deformed Freak
Nitwitted Nuisance

Now with new and improved avatar!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 September 18, 15:46:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Contacts are temporary friends that are a reward for a good date/outing. They count as friends for influence/promotion purposes untill the contact period runs out. But you get to keep them on your rleationshop panel so if you can make friends with them before the period runs out it won't matter when it runs out.
miramis
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 September 18, 16:05:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's some interesting information, I can see it will come in very useful.  Thanks Andygal!
Oddysey
Nitwitted Nuisance

Robotic Baby Harp Seal!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 September 18, 17:39:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The furious thing is cool. It kind of reminds me of a suggestion here at some point, about changing the requirements for negative interactions so friends could beat each other up. Definitely adds a bit of life to the relationships.
Torkle
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 September 18, 19:04:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

After months of play with the Romance hack in place, my game quickly degenerated into a war zone after installing NightLife (with all hacks removed).  90% of the sims in the neighborhood were Romance sims and in love with everyone.  Now when they go out on a date, at least three other sims end up furious with them from jealousy.

I can't keep the garbage can upright and I haven't seen a newspaper last for more than a few hours.  Furiously jealous neighbors come by at all hours of the day and night and kick over the can or steal the newspaper.  I anticipate a plague from all the roaches from the garbage on the street.

On the brighter side, many of my sims have had dream dates already, possibly because they usually go all the way on the first date.  Some already have a sizeable collection of the red rose bouquets and thank-you cards.

---
Torkle
sanmonroe
Circus Freak
Lipless Loser

Hates Furries.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 September 18, 19:33:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Heh I have a neighboorhood that I play with the no jel at all hack on except when I play "joe Morality" and his family.

I switch the hack off, load his family up and hang out downtown.

It is damn entertaining and confusing.

When you do something because of the internet that is wrong.
When you make love to a man in a giraffe outfit.
When you discover you masterbated online to a picture of a relative.

Webcest.
Karen
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005 September 18, 20:33:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've only seen the Furious reaction once.  My single female Sim was cruising around downtown looking for a boyfriend, and she happened to strike up a conversation with a guy who is very happily married.  I had her do just one Ask... interaction, and suddenly there was the help screen popup saying "Your Sim is Furious".  The thing is, though, it wasn't the Sim I was playing or the one she was talking to who was furious, it was *his wife*, who just happened to be on the same downtown lot.  I hadn't even realized she was anywhere nearby at the time.

Karen
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2005 September 18, 22:10:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a strong hunch that I know what causes the Ask interaction to wig out. I'm guessing it's closely related to the handheld crush and the scanner teaching crush.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Andygal
Deformed Freak
Nitwitted Nuisance

Now with new and improved avatar!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2005 September 19, 01:42:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

here's hoping you will be able to fix it then. Cause it's very annoying.
pamysue
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2005 September 19, 02:01:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

After months of play with the Romance hack in place, my game quickly degenerated into a war zone after installing NightLife (with all hacks removed).  90% of the sims in the neighborhood were Romance sims and in love with everyone.  Now when they go out on a date, at least three other sims end up furious with them from jealousy.

I can't keep the garbage can upright and I haven't seen a newspaper last for more than a few hours.  Furiously jealous neighbors come by at all hours of the day and night and kick over the can or steal the newspaper.  I anticipate a plague from all the roaches from the garbage on the street.

On the brighter side, many of my sims have had dream dates already, possibly because they usually go all the way on the first date.  Some already have a sizeable collection of the red rose bouquets and thank-you cards.

My Sims are living in your jealous world.   Sad   My hedonistic neighborhood will never be the same.

It's a shame that stupidity isn't painful.
Kaddish_Tolesa
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2005 September 19, 03:15:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I also had the problem with the ask interaction causing the furious state.  For some reason, there are a few of my neighborhood Sims that go to every downtown lot as NPCs when I visit with another Sim.  I had a Sim innocently ask another Sim something, and her crush (they weren't married, engaged, or in love) became furious at her, and the relationship plunged into the negatives for both daily and lifetime.  The flaming thought bubbles were amusing, but the roaches caused by the knocked-over garbage can were not.
Rebochan
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2005 September 19, 03:35:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I like it for the variety.  It used to be a pain making anyone NOT like each other.  Now there's some spice.

Example.  In my Pleasant household, Coral Oldie has been living with her daughter Mary-Sue ever since her husband Herb passed away.  Coral watches Daniel like a hawk, and she caught him with a floozy making out in the house.  Like any loving mother would do, she stood up for her daughter by assaulting the harlot.  After losing miserably, she hit the furious reaction and now bad mouths the slut at every turn.  Mary-Sue won a fight with the same woman within minutes, but since she kicked her ass, she isn't furious.

I should point out, however, that I'm getting corrupted memories everytime I use the "Bad Mouth" option with Coral.  It's a real pain, but it's pretty funny that they can trash a relationship with a separate sim by talking trash.  I just thought maybe we'd seen the end of squiggly line memories.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: