More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 25, 20:07:20

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  non-corporeal pets lurking in the floor
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: non-corporeal pets lurking in the floor  (Read 8999 times)
slurpeefiend
Feckless Fool

get a head of the competition...

View Profile
non-corporeal pets lurking in the floor
« on: 2006 October 31, 18:46:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So I bought OFB yesterday and installed it, and Pets today.  I had no trouble yesterday, but today when I went to make my first dog, the poor thing was embedded in the floor up to his eyes.  When I tried to rotate him, but all that did was rotate the entire CAS! property around an anchor point at one of the lot's corners (i ended up out in the blue ether).  Anybody else see and/or solve this?

Why oh why didn't I take the red pill?
miros
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
Re: non-corporeal pets lurking in the floor
« Reply #1 on: 2006 October 31, 19:29:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes.  There's another thread here with the solution:

boolprop controlpets on
boolprop petactioncancel true

This reduces the problem by itself, and allows you to cancel whatever action got them stuck in the floor if it does happen.
Bruce Banner
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 October 31, 20:17:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Smiley I think some community sleep mods have been the cause of this . If this is also the cause in your case then use this Pets compatable community sleep mod by Jfade instead ( http://www.djssims.com/index.php?id=281Smiley
Meska
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 October 31, 21:50:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

removing Echo's community sleep mod fixed the problem for me.

"Ten percent of nothin' is, let me do the math here...nothin' and a nothin', carry the nothin'..."
slurpeefiend
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 October 31, 22:40:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It can't be the sleep mod, as I've never even seen that one before and definitely don't have it.  Also, here are a few pictures of the problem...

dog in the floor by the wall: http://www.geocities.com/slurpeefiend/hole/dog.jpg
cat in the floor by the wall: http://www.geocities.com/slurpeefiend/hole/cat.jpg
outside the CAS! house in the ether when I tried rotating the dog: http://www.geocities.com/slurpeefiend/hole/ether.jpg
people stand on the floor, not in it, but in the back of the room in the dark: http://www.geocities.com/slurpeefiend/hole/inthedark.jpg
when I closed CAS down and went back in, this is where it started me: http://www.geocities.com/slurpeefiend/hole/intheyard.jpg

I don't know if these pictures help anyone get an idea of what's going on, but I hope you at least get some amusement out of them.

ps- my father-in-law looks like Kenny Rogers: http://www.geocities.com/slurpeefiend/hole/frank-kenny.jpg

jinx
Asinine Airhead

What You Looking At?

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 October 31, 23:48:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I usually get the cats and dogs "swimming" in the floor when I use the boolprop control pets and pet action cancel. It is when I am controlling the animal and move the curser/arrow over a sim (person) but it tends to jump out after a few seconds it had me worried at first but I just ignore it now unless I get the option box to retry/cancel/delete which I click on retry and carry on with the game
Tigerlilley
Hentaibait
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 November 01, 00:47:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

hmm.  So thats what the world outside CAS looks like

<Inge> Yes, at my age it is hard to tell whether something I am saying will make me look incontinent

ElenaRoan
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 November 01, 03:47:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

you ended up out in space in CAS too? same here, though it wasn't when I tried rotating the dog. 

- ElenaRoan
notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

INTJ. I like putting hats on my avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 2006 November 04, 12:48:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do you have any camera mods installed? I'm no expert, but that seems like something that would or could be caused by a camera mod. Or perhaps one of your game's camera files is corrupted. Just an idea.

Disclaimer: I am condescending, arrogant, pedantic, and have a foot-shaped mouth. I also like to throw stones from my glass house. Resemblance to any persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
slurpeefiend
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 November 05, 17:52:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I do have a camera mod installed, but I don't think that's the problem.  The flying outside happened when I tried rotating pets, but not people.  Other than standing in the back of the room, the people rotated like normal, and were standing on the floor not in it.  Plus, when I replaced my "Downloads" folder with an empty one I didn't have the problem anymore.

Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 November 05, 19:44:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Plus, when I replaced my "Downloads" folder with an empty one I didn't have the problem anymore.

it looks like you get to go through that downloads folder of yours and find the problem file yourself
notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

INTJ. I like putting hats on my avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: 2006 November 06, 20:23:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I do have a camera mod installed, but I don't think that's the problem.  The flying outside happened when I tried rotating pets, but not people.  Other than standing in the back of the room, the people rotated like normal, and were standing on the floor not in it.  Plus, when I replaced my "Downloads" folder with an empty one I didn't have the problem anymore.

Perhaps the camera mod is not Pets-compatible, and that's why it only affects pets and not people. It still seems like a camera-mod problem to me.

Disclaimer: I am condescending, arrogant, pedantic, and have a foot-shaped mouth. I also like to throw stones from my glass house. Resemblance to any persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
slurpeefiend
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 November 06, 21:01:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Perhaps the camera mod is not Pets-compatible, and that's why it only affects pets and not people. It still seems like a camera-mod problem to me.
Maybe, but the camera mod wasn't kept in the "Downloads" folder, and when I removed all of my downloads I was able to make pets (i've made and played three now) with no problems.  I think it was the infamous (more than famous...) "kitten killer".

jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 November 06, 22:12:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think it was the infamous (more than famous...) "kitten killer".

Most likely -- that one is definitely not Pets compatible yet.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Carole
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 November 08, 16:13:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had the same problem, and fixed it by removing the "kitten killer."  It's definitely that one.
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006 November 08, 16:19:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are you people dumb as well as retarded? It is spelled out clearly on the inteen site it is not Pets compatible!
slurpeefiend
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2006 November 08, 18:06:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are you people dumb as well as retarded? It is spelled out clearly on the inteen site it is not Pets compatible!
I prefer to think of myself as stupid as well as unintelligent, and perhaps a bit ignorant.  And yes, since you put it so eloquently, upon looking at the inteen site last week it became clear that it was definitely the cause of my former problem, hence:
I was able to make pets (i've made and played three now) with no problems.
As well as:
I think it was the infamous (more than famous...) "kitten killer".
I also claim a little extra credit on that last one for the unsolicited "iThree Amigos!" reference.

So you're right, though a little bit, you know, too late to have been any help here... but thanks anyway, and keep up the good work dude!

ElfPuddle
Stupid-to-English Translator
Uncouth Undesirable

"Darn! That's the end!"

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2006 November 08, 20:46:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is that sarcasm I smell?
nevermind. Carry on. Smiley

I haven't died. I moved to the American South. Rumors to the contrary are highly exaggerated.

Member 960. Admitted to the MATY Senate by a 10-0 vote: 2006 August 10. Expelled by a 15-12 vote: 2008 May 30.
Should that mean anything?
slurpeefiend
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2006 November 08, 21:12:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is that sarcasm I smell?
nevermind. Carry on. Smiley
What-casm?

I think there used  to be this sarcasm you speak of here in the eastern US, but it was done away with in the 1960's in order to help beat the commies.  Is sarcasm a good smell, or a bad one?

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: