More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 19:29:46

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Why are they fighting?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Why are they fighting?  (Read 6872 times)
Kristalrose
Feckless Fool

I'll do anything for my kids!

View Profile
Why are they fighting?
« on: 2005 September 18, 13:35:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had taken a sim on a downtown lot to buy clothing and I noticed several of my other CAS-made sims FIGHTING over and over!!  These two obviously did not hit it off, I guess! LOL  One of them was a male who I'd made very hateful, and the other one was a woman who I'd made a very nice family sim.  And it seemed that she was antagonizing the mean guy.   Shocked  It was entertaining after the 1st three times watching, but pretty soon it got boring and I started wishing I could call the cops to break it up or something.  LOL
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
Re: Why are they fighting?
« Reply #1 on: 2005 September 18, 13:58:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I rather like this new aspect of the game!  Don Lothario and his son went out on the town in my game last night to celebrate his son's transition to elder and some townie took an instant dislike to Don.  Before I knew it, he'd attacked him (Don won).  Then they became enemies and it made poor Don cry.  He's on his second leg as an elder now and although he doesn't know it, the trauma of this was too much for him and it will cause him to die the following day.  ROFL

I also love the way really neat Sims will get furious with really messy ones who leave puddles after having a shower.  I've got one married couple where the husband went right down into the 60's because of his wife's messes.  She was still on 100/100 and totally oblivious to it.  I hope there are more interactions than just this, though.  It'd be great if couples could actually fall-out 'naturally' and split-up, instead of always getting on and never disagreeing.

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
JenW
Irritating Ignoramus

Grilled cheese lovin' cyborg

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2005 September 18, 14:12:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was in a dorm the other night and the dormies kept fighting...there were three guys who all apparently hate each other. Everytime I turned around they were beating each other up, LOL. Highly entertaining  Grin

Jen

<Pescado> With ninja throwing breadsticks, YOU are the dipping sauce! | The Literate Sim
Andygal
Deformed Freak
Nitwitted Nuisance

Now with new and improved avatar!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 September 18, 15:50:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had a sim in college living in a priviate residence with her boyfriend. So this cow mascot (a friend of this sim no less!) comes over and THEN she flirts with the boyfriend in from of my sim. So my sim ends up furious with the cow AND her boyfriend *sigh*
nothingbutsims
« Reply #4 on: 2005 September 18, 15:59:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

One of my Sims was in a downtown lot buying clothes and Mortimor Goth and Kennedy Cox got into a slap fight and then into a fist fight!  What a hoot - Mortimor Goth in a fight?  And Mortimor Goth kicked his can and then proceeded to go after him again!  I left after that.
katemonster
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 September 18, 16:05:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think this is fantastic and I hope it's pervasive--I have been actually trying to make it a GOAL to have dysfunctional families and people who hate each other, but I always end up getting attached to everyone and being nice to them and my neighborhood is so perfect (besides the rampant teen pregnancy and the havoc wrought by the various romance sims) it makes me want to puke. I want couples who divorce because they hate each other and not because I had to deliberately make him hop in bed with the maid right when she was getting home from work! I want runaway teens! I want fistfights! I want enemies! I want rivals! I just can't make them do it myself  Roll Eyes
Bane~Child
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 September 20, 17:40:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is a new game feature - Rivalry.  One of the things a rival Sim will do is try and steal your Sim's Date away with some unsolicited flirting and then provoke your Sim into a fight in hopes of taking your place.

Love is the Virtue of the Heart
Sincerity, the Virtue of the Mind
Decision, the Virtue of the Will
Courage, the Virtue of the Spirit
The Organic Commandment - 1948, Frank Lloyd Wright
nothingbutsims
« Reply #7 on: 2005 September 20, 18:15:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

One of my Sims was robbed, and the next day in her want slot popped up a want to see the thief's grave.  Now that's a new want.  She continues to fume over him daily and it has been at least two Sim weeks.  Maxis has certainly added a lot more emotions to the game I must say.
VJay
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2005 September 20, 19:25:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

One of my Sims was in a downtown lot buying clothes and Mortimor Goth and Kennedy Cox got into a slap fight and then into a fist fight!  What a hoot - Mortimor Goth in a fight?  And Mortimor Goth kicked his can and then proceeded to go after him again!  I left after that.

Kennedy is the best, my game would be so boring without him. He insults, annoys and slaps everyone. How fun!  Grin
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2005 September 20, 21:16:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Kennedy was the first sim I ever killed. Mwahahahaha

I love this new "sims with grudges" thing. Makes it a bit more realistic to have sims arguing occasionally. Or all-out kicking each others' asses. I described a situation that got a little out of hand, here:

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php?topic=650.msg23895#msg23895
JavaChild
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2005 September 21, 08:14:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Kennedy was the first sim I ever killed.

Because I seem to be losing brain cells daily, I'm still struggling with the immediate instint that your posts are mine. However, that one would be true. Kennedy was the first sim I ever killed too.
wyrdwing
Blathering Buffoon

Too lazy to be social

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2005 September 21, 12:07:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Kennedy is the best, my game would be so boring without him. He insults, annoys and slaps everyone. How fun!  Grin

Hehe he does.... he's always the first one to go around insulting people... I haven't met a sim yet that got on well with him  Cheesy
ElviraGoth
Knuckleheaded Knob

Just another shitty day in paradise

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2005 September 22, 21:56:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have one family with two sisters who suddenly started fighting, and I missed what they were fighting about!  Every time they were near each other, they would push, poke, slap, whatever, and each one would show a picture of the other with flames coming out!  One of them went to a community lot and still had the picture/flames of the other one while she was shopping and talking to other sims.  Whoo, talk about carrying a grudge!

And I still don't know why they were fighting!

Werewolf?<br />There! There wolf!  There castle!
miramis
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2005 September 22, 22:30:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, visiting community lots is loads of fun now with all the slap fests and fighting going on, not to mention an enemy stealing the newspaper and running away!  My two sims were stood right by the paper when Erin ran off with it and I just had to laugh at them shouting at her as she fled  Cheesy
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: