More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 20, 01:05:20

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Teens and Elixir
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Teens and Elixir  (Read 3441 times)
miros
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
Teens and Elixir
« on: 2006 October 31, 09:23:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Has anyone had this happen?

1) Create a family in CAS with a teen or child.  Let the child grow up to a teen if necessary.
2) Extend the teen Sim's teen phase with elixir (for better grades so they can get into college or more skill points for more scholarship money or whatever).
3) Send them to college and move them into a house (not a dorm).

Once they get there, their progress bar draws 1/4 size, as if they need 3 skills that semester, whether they do or not.  If they do have the correct skills, you get no warnings about wasting accumulated points for Term Paper, Assignments, or Research.

I've had this happen with 2 different Sims, different expansion packs, different hoods, different houses, created as different ages in CAS.  The only thing they had in common was the elixir (and that they were "born" in CAS instead of the game).

Things I've tried to fix it:
1) Quitting and restarting the game.
2) Playing another lot, then playing the affected Sim's lot again.
3) Moving into a dorm and back.  The bar was normal in the dorm, still glitched when moving back into the house.
4) Just ignore it.  Make sure they've got the right skills and use College->Rampage to be sure the bar is full.

Anyone got any clue why this happens?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Teens and Elixir
« Reply #1 on: 2006 October 31, 09:26:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Rumored to be a purely visual artifact caused by certain NoCD cracks. It apparently is purely visual and College Rampage will still rampage to the appropriate barness.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
NothingToSee
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 October 31, 09:30:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'll attest to that JM. I had a NoCD crack for OFB and the uni bar never rose, but I always got them to study enough to get a 4.0 - especially with use of College Rampage.

Without the NoCD crack, everything went back to normal.

miros
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 October 31, 13:45:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Don't use a no-CD crack, since I'm the only user of this computer. 

Just happens to students that use elixir as teens and are created in CAS as teens or children, not sure if the second is relevant.  All other students in houses or dorms work fine. 

Yes, it does seem to be purely visual.  The first Sim graduated with a 4.0 (even without College->Rampage) and the second in the high 3's (too busy chasing girls).
kuronue
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 October 31, 23:10:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had a teen, elixer-free, go to college, one of triplets who all left within hours of each other, and forgot them in the bin. Their little brother went to college so Iput all four of them in a house. One of the girls spent her entire college years with her progress bar stuck as above. I've never even downloaded a no-CD crack, it was a glitch in the game, just a rather rare one

INFP or something
miros
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 October 31, 23:13:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah, so it was a koinkydink that exactly the 2 teens that used elixir also got their bars bolixed... saves me from attempting to mutilate another one!
Jade
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 November 03, 14:40:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been having the same problem, but only since I installed pets.  I have never used a no-cd crack. 
miros
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 November 03, 15:56:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I had a third student have the problem too.  I think she was a Townie teen who was friends with a controllable Sim who got the want to have her go to college.  I don't remember her having the problem before Pets, but it was definitely there after! 

But I got her through, moved back to the hood, and married to her double lightningbolt boyfriend... who turned out to be a General with over 15K worth of stuff in his Inventory!  Talk about hitting the jackpot!

They were able to move off her tiny vacant lot into a small house and adopt a kitten, and still keep the best of his stuff: fish tank, big stereo, dance sphere. 

She's now thinking baby thoughts, but hasn't spun up a want yet... I like to wait so they get a big aspiration boost out of the whole thing.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: