More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 16, 18:17:21

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  What can each species/age do?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: What can each species/age do?  (Read 6943 times)
Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
What can each species/age do?
« on: 2006 October 30, 21:11:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In trying to work out my menu flags I haven't had time to play much.  So can anyone tell me things that a large dog can do that a small dog can't or vice versa, or anything an elder animal can't do that a younger one could.  This is in respect to things like sleeping on human beds, chairs, playing with the toys etc

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
Countess
eamethyst
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
Re: What can each species/age do?
« Reply #1 on: 2006 October 30, 21:22:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've only just had my founding sim of a new neighborhood adopt her first puppy.  From my observation, a puppy can't play with the chew toy, jump on the furniture, destroy furniture, or use an elevator.  The Prima guide indicated that a sim could carry a puppy/kitten in an elevator, but when I instructed my sim to pick up the puppy, then go to her 3rd floor bedroom, she picked the puppy up, set the puppy down and them went to her bedroom.  They can be trained to eat pet food (eat Sim food), pee outside (pee inside), stay off furniture (I assume get on furniture, but again, they can't jump onto furniture), and stay off Sim beds (Sleep on Sim beds, though they would have to be placed on Sim beds, and I haven't tested that to see if it's possible.)
Li'l Brudder
The Quitter
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 October 30, 21:34:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Basically, pupies are TODDLERS minus anything cool.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 October 30, 21:41:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've managed to pick up a kitten with an adult sim and then put it down on another floor.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
TheCheat
Corpulent Cretin

Yeah man. I'll gnaw your face off.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 October 30, 21:45:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've managed to pick up a kitten with an adult sim and then put it down on another floor.

I think eamethyst was just talking about using elevators. Sims can carry a puppy/kitten up a set of stairs if one exists, but if there is only an elevator (assuming eamethyst was testing floor-to-floor using only elevators and no stairs), it apparently doesn't work.
Countess
eamethyst
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 October 30, 21:51:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think eamethyst was just talking about using elevators. Sims can carry a puppy/kitten up a set of stairs if one exists, but if there is only an elevator (assuming eamethyst was testing floor-to-floor using only elevators and no stairs), it apparently doesn't work.

Yes, she lives in a house with 2 elevators and no staircases.  If someone knows what I did wrong, I would like to have the puppy sleep in a dog bed in the master bedroom.  Like I said I directed her to pick up the puppy, and then clicked on a spot in her room and told her to "go here."  It would be nice if you got the option to "Put (puppy/kitten) here", like you do with toddlers and babies.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 October 30, 22:08:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, I see. Well those elevators have always been buggy. Tongue I never used them.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
V
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 October 30, 22:13:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't have any elevators on any of my lots and I cannot get sims to carry puppies or kittens anywhere. They always put the animal down first and then go to where I told them to go.

So far I have only three "solutions": 1. don't have kittens or puppies, 2. make sure puppies' & kittens' needs can be met on that "floor" or 3. don't play that lot until a better solution is found.

These are, admittedly, Very Unawesome solutions.

Wink

I want people to stop saying, "Son of a bitch". Instead we should say "Son of an ASS" because that is more accurate. Spread the word!

anyeone
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 2006 October 30, 22:19:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Toddlers will spontaneously cuddle puppies, it is WAY cute!

I'm not megalomaniacal, I just play that way.
Anne
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 October 31, 03:19:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have had sims in three different lots adopt either puppies or kittens - and in each case, the sim was able to pick the kitty/puppy up and carry it into the house or around the house, just by clicking "pick up" and then "go here." Although, unlike with toddlers, I had to click on the puppy/kitten itself to get the sim to put it down.

And of course, my goofy sims would proceed to pick the puppy back up again and play with it. Six sims in one family and all of them wanted to play with the puppy at the same time. Including the toddlers!
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 October 31, 03:25:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

2. make sure puppies' & kittens' needs can be met on that "floor"
Those are the same limitations toddlers work under, and yet we manage that, so it can't be that pad. Puppies and kittens don't have a lot of needs, either.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
trudy
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 October 31, 11:08:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well I sertanly have no problems with picking up puppys and taking them along. First Puppy I adopted my sim goes to do the pick up and snuggle thing and her carpool arrives... She took the poor thing to work. I got a messege I shoud feed the poor animal but nothing bad hapened. When she was back I had the option to let the puppy down. It was not very happy, but they seemed to like it at work, because she got promoted ;-)
Baroness
cwieberdink
Retarded Reprobate

Dark and evil penguins!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 October 31, 12:14:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

they will also (and very realistically) strangle the cat.   Cheesy

C

Darkerdink -- aide to Dark_Trepie.  Now with moar dark!
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 October 31, 20:41:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So...

TTAB 54, where are you?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: 2006 October 31, 21:01:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well I got more relevent help with this question at N99 than I did on MATY, with all its complement of programmers Cheesy   At least there it didn't turn into a discussion of whether you could carry a puppy into a lift...   But thank you eamethyst for being the exception.

TTAB 54 has turned into a taxi cab!

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006 November 01, 02:43:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's because we're all busy, you know, programming, rather than trying to play the game and find out what puppies and kittens do.

Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2006 November 01, 16:02:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think the problem you might be having with carrying the puppies, is that (I think) you need to pick the puppy up, wait for the animation to end, before commanding the sim to 'go there.'

Thinking the game sees the 'go there' command and because the puppy wasn't in the sims arms before the command was made, that must mean that the puppy doesn't need to be carried there.

At least, I've always had success in my pick up, wait, go approach.

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
Countess
eamethyst
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2006 November 01, 16:44:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Inge, I'm not sure if you've collected all of the data you needed, but last night I discovered that an assumption I had made about puppies was incorrect.  Because Maxx, hadn't exhibited any behaviours which could be praised or scolded to encourage "Calm" or "Disruptive", I assumed that it was a behaviour group that would need to be addressed after he became an adult.  But on his last day as a puppy I finally had the option for my Sim to praise him for calmly sniffing.  Though I did have to wait for him to age to adult before the Sims in his household could encourage cleanliness, and playfulness.  Oh, and to discourage him from being destructive.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: