More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 24, 10:14:34

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  downloading lots?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: downloading lots?  (Read 2633 times)
kauaiboi
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
downloading lots?
« on: 2006 October 30, 09:56:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

my lots that i downloaded arent showing when i play my sims game! its really making me mad! haha.. and i dont know whats wrong.. help?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: downloading lots?
« Reply #1 on: 2006 October 30, 10:13:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can you be a little less specific? That's too much detail.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
DrBeast
Pinheaded Pissant

Still they're marching on...

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 October 30, 10:14:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For starters, make sure the downloaded lots are compatible with your game expansion(s), if any. For example, don't download a lot that requires, say, Open For Business if you don't have said expansion. Second, get Clean Installer (do a google search and you'll find it, can't remember the link right now) so you're sure you're installing the house ONLY and not all the rabble that could come with it.

Can you be a little less specific? That's too much detail.

I second that!  Cheesy

Let the Beast inside you free!
miros
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 October 30, 13:01:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And you do have to run either CleanInstaller or the Maxis installer.  You can't just drop the Sims2Pack in a folder and expect it to show up.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 October 30, 14:50:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And the Maxis installer is not recommended. I don't know if they ever fixed it, but there used to be a bug where only one house per a time you started up the game would load. If you tried to load several at once and then start the game, it wouldn't work because it would save all lots to the same file name in the teleport directory and they would overwrite each other. Basically, you'd have to load one, start the game, make sure it's there, shut down the game, load another one, repeat etc.

The Maxis installer is also a very easy way to get a whole bunch of junk you never wanted that hitched along with the house. Some of which might be old versions of various hacks that can mess up your game. And what's worse, the files get their names changed to hex code, basically a bunch of numbers and letters, so good luck trying to figure out what anything is.

In short, DO NOT USE THE MAXIS INSTALLER.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: