More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 28, 21:44:54

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Regenerating Pets after Deleteallcharacters?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Regenerating Pets after Deleteallcharacters?  (Read 2279 times)
vecki
Querulous Quidnunc

Moar Average Than You

View Profile
Regenerating Pets after Deleteallcharacters?
« on: 2006 November 06, 01:19:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I started a new neighbourhood the other day to start a new LeGassey legacy - after breaking my vow that I wasn't going to buy Pests (no typo) until after exams.

I did my usual routine, generated the main hood and a uni hood, deleteallcharacters then generated Downtown.  I now have DocDoofus's facial template replacements so no more yucky townies, so I spawned the NPC and townie maker to create my townies (for some reason I had one townie teen but nobody else)

Now while, yay, I have no strays, I had a sim desperately pining for a kitten.  I decided to grant his wish and see if I could also have a kitty legacy running at the same time as a sim legacy.  But it seems you can't buy kittens in the pet store, and when I had him try calling the pet adoption centre, the game froze for about 10 minutes then crashed.  In the end I had him buy a male and female cat and eventually had them breed - only to get four kittens running around all the furniture which is still outdoors.  Brings to mind the first sim-birth I ever had in the game, bloody twins when I had no real idea how to play the game.

I'm guessing the game crashed because there weren't any adoptable pets courtesy of deleteallcharacters.  How do I get them to generate?  I had a look but couldn't find any option for it in amongst all the various testingcheats 'spawnables'.

Help?

<insert witty comment here>
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
Re: Regenerating Pets after Deleteallcharacters?
« Reply #1 on: 2006 November 06, 06:17:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Vecki, I did a heap of messing about in this area before...  What I found was the best way was to force the hood to generate without any character files but the pets.

I removed the character files from each hood template in program files, but left the pets character files there.  Didn't seem to be any way to make it go differently that I could find.
pioupiou
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 November 06, 07:40:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

vecki I had the same problem as you (crash to desktop when trying to adopt by phone when no pets existed in the neighbourhood).
I solve that by removing nopetrespawn, loading the game, call the adoption service (the game froze but a much shorter time and create 1 kitten, 1 puppy, 1 big dog, 3 small dogs and 5 cats).
The other problem I have now is that the game is regenerating adoptable cats and dogs but no more pupies or kittens....
Hope it helps.
Pioupiou
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 November 06, 07:49:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The crash issue should have been fixed awhile back. The Dumb Ness-type People were not able to reproduce it in testing after the most recent nostrayrespawn.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: