More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 27, 11:26:02

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Business makes toooooo much money
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Business makes toooooo much money  (Read 4363 times)
Scratch
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
Business makes toooooo much money
« on: 2006 October 29, 06:15:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've never seen this problem talked about,... but i could just be stupid.

i have a couple of sim owned community lots, that sell stuff, that have odd amounts of simoleons added too them when they are running

This started before i installed ZOMGpets!!! and it's still happening... the lot i played today, but haven't played since before ZOMGpets!! was installed, kept getting $164,096. The owner was a millionaire within 2 sim hours.... not that this is really a bad thing....  but it makes it a bit too easy.

This doesn't happen on all my commnity lots... just these two so far.... i have other lots that sell things and it doesn't happen. I haven't figured out anything these lots have in common yet..

2 diff owners, 1 lot is a art gallery and mostly sells paintings and sculptures, the other is like a department store, sells lots of things, but both have restaurants...

any ideas??? i'm going to play the other lot now to see if the same thing is still happening and too see the amount.

i'm playing with debug on but it's not generating any errors when this happens, or i'd attach an error log if i could...

more details to follow if needed

ta
Giggy
Stupid Schlemiel

ISTJ

View Profile
Re: Business makes toooooo much money
« Reply #1 on: 2006 October 29, 06:21:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

same with me but I don't complain, I've cheered my ass off  Roll Eyes

<Annan> Kofi is such an ass. She never responds when I try to be nice.

*Ella whine*
<Kiki> of course I give you shit...I can't stand you. I think you're an abortion 23 years too late.
Scratch
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 October 29, 06:41:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wouldn't mind so much if it happened on all the community lots but it's just these two so far....

Is this one of those hidden Maxian BUGS features???
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 October 29, 06:43:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Businesses make a lot of money due to the freeze-time effect, but shouldn't make MILLIONS unless you have a bug, or are abusing the Bubble Alley exploit.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Scratch
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 October 29, 06:50:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Bubble Alley exploit???..... oh, do tell

It's just that it never generates an error when this happens.... doesn't happen at regular times or under certain circumstances.... just happens
Scratch
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 October 30, 08:28:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ok... so i played the other lot i haven't played since before ZOMGpetz!!! was installed and it still has the same prob.... gets $164,096 at sort of random times.....

I played the lot for about 1 sim day and nothing happened, but then i turned on debug and it started happening. The sim was a milllionaire in 1 sim hour.... and i had closed the business about 10 sim mins after i turned debug on...

Can having debug on cause errors??? i know i can force errors when it's on but i didn't do anything other than turn debug on and close the business... and debug didn't pop up any errors...

I know i could take out my hacks but most of them are the awesome variety and i'm learning to only have ones i need....

Any Ideas?Huh
Li'l Brudder
The Quitter
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 October 30, 23:55:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, DEBUG CAN NOT CAUSE ERRORS.

It only reveals errors which normally are happenign without your knowledge in the non-debug game.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 October 31, 05:45:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Debug mode error boxes are useful if you are using hacks since they can be reported to the hack creators who will usually fix it.

In contrast, reporting them to EA is slightly less helpful than reporting them to your cat. If you report them to EA, absolutely nothing will happen. If you report them to your cat, he will go "Meow!" and stare at you funny.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Assmitten
Whiny Wussy

Poop poop

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 October 31, 06:47:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Bubble Alley?

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,5245.msg152593.html#msg152593

Although with the trouble that takes, why not just familyfunds it. Because bubble alley's so ethical....

I like to report bugs to my cat. She ate two moths just today.

<notovny> Aww, yeah, WOODBEAST.
<kutto> Keep it in your pants, notovny.
Scratch
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 October 31, 08:18:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I point out the spiders to my cat but he's to old to care anymore.   Undecided

I use the Visitor adjuster from simwardrobe cuz i always thought the maxis limit was too low for some lots, and how does the limit work if there are employees???

I guess the debug on at the same time as the error is just a coincedence

i'm disabling a few of my community hacks to see if that makes a diff, just thought it was a wierd error and was getting a little annoying

ta
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: