More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 28, 21:02:26

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Floating disembodied head.
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Floating disembodied head.  (Read 5389 times)
sanmonroe
Circus Freak
Lipless Loser

Hates Furries.

View Profile
Floating disembodied head.
« on: 2006 October 29, 19:14:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am getting floating heads of dormies in uni. Didn't have time to troubleshoot before I had to leave this morning.

Basicly, several male sims are just heads. When I took control of them and tried to change their clothes (bought new ones, used boolprop, used fishy clothes stack, used dresser, etc). They had no options to change casual clothes even after buying new ones. Nothing was changed from the last time I played and all was well.

They do have a naked, a swimsuit, and a formal outfit/body.

I believe I only have awesome hacks.

Anyone have any ideas?

Otherwise I will play with it tonight.

When you do something because of the internet that is wrong.
When you make love to a man in a giraffe outfit.
When you discover you masterbated online to a picture of a relative.

Webcest.
miros
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
Re: Floating disembodied head.
« Reply #1 on: 2006 October 29, 19:55:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My game does that from time to time.  It usually means the puter needs a reboot.
Theo
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 October 30, 11:08:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can't buy clothes for the townies - even when you control them - unless they are part of the household. You'll have to move them in, buy the clothes, change clothes, and move them out.
The alternative is to use Christianlov's clothing rack, which automates this procedure.

As for the invisible body, it can be caused by deleting custom clothes, but townies shouldn't wear custom clothes to start with!  Huh
sanmonroe
Circus Freak
Lipless Loser

Hates Furries.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 October 30, 13:10:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Lots of the game clothes were missing. I loaded CAS and the last 2 pages of male and female clothes were just empty blue boxes.

I played around with all of it and just decided, fuck it, and reinstalled.

I haven't reinstalled since Uni, so it was probably time anyway.

Works now. The only question is, what did it? New bug with pets?

Webcest.
Theo
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 October 30, 14:20:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Deleting files from the Sims3D and Skins folders can cause that effect.  Shocked

Did that happen after installing Pests?
V
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 October 30, 17:13:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can't buy clothes for the townies – even when you control them – unless they are part of the household. You'll have to move them in, buy the clothes, change clothes, and move them out.

You can get townies to permanently change clothes without any hacks at all if you have OFB. I had a clothing store and was trying to make a sale and went to a townie and ... I don't remember what the choice was, but it was something like "influence to buy new clothes" or something... Anyway this was way back before I had any real hacks in my game to speak of and the townie allowed me to pick out a new outfit for him and then he wore that all the time instead of what he used to wear.

I want people to stop saying, "Son of a bitch". Instead we should say "Son of an ASS" because that is more accurate. Spread the word!

sanmonroe
Circus Freak
Lipless Loser

Hates Furries.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 October 30, 21:48:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Deleting files from the Sims3D and Skins folders can cause that effect.  Shocked

Did that happen after installing Pests?

Didn't delete anything.

And it happened a week after pets. Although it was the first time since installing pets that I went to Uni, and thats where the pics were all missing.

Webcest.
Flamingo
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 October 30, 21:59:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't know what's causing this for you, Sanmonroe, but I do know that I get the same problem when my Sims get naked to take a shower, or are naked for any other reason.
Theo
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 October 30, 22:20:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Didn't delete anything.

And it happened a week after pets. Although it was the first time since installing pets that I went to Uni, and thats where the pics were all missing.

Or maybe default clothes replacements that became corrupted?
And forgive my insistence, but I have to be prepared before I install this EP  Wink

You can get townies to permanently change clothes without any hacks at all if you have OFB. I had a clothing store and was trying to make a sale and went to a townie and ... I don't remember what the choice was, but it was something like "influence to buy new clothes" or something... Anyway this was way back before I had any real hacks in my game to speak of and the townie allowed me to pick out a new outfit for him and then he wore that all the time instead of what he used to wear.

Thanks for the tip, it's nice to know what to do when the hackity hack goes crackity crack!  Grin
sanmonroe
Circus Freak
Lipless Loser

Hates Furries.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 October 31, 12:17:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nope, no default replacements for any clothes at all.

Only awesome hacks/mods and a folder of clothes DLed and used since before Uni was released.

Webcest.
draranha
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 November 13, 14:32:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I used to do this with townies. But, after Pets, they don't change clothes anymore. That is a pity because I really liked this feature. I can  still choose the outfit, and when they pay for it they do that jumping/turning movement to change clothes but nothing happens - they're still wearing their nasty one. And that's happening to my playable sims too. I choose the outfit for them to buy, they buy it and, afterwards, when I go to check the new clothes in their wardrobe, there's nothing there.
Well, it would be nice to have this feature back...
« Last Edit: 2006 November 13, 23:35:17 by draranha » Logged
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: