More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 26, 13:59:54

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  SimPE and OMGPETZ!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: SimPE and OMGPETZ!  (Read 13221 times)
Solowren
Senator

A flock of crapped nerds

View Profile
SimPE and OMGPETZ!
« on: 2006 October 29, 06:56:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does anyone know if it would be "safe" to bin hair with OfBSimPE while I have Pets installed? I'd been planning to stay away from SimPE until it was updated just in case I screwed something up, but I obtained quite a few new hairs today and I just know that having them all in custom is going to bug the royal shit out of me. Tongue

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: SimPE and OMGPETZ!
« Reply #1 on: 2006 October 29, 06:57:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I see no reason why binning hair would have changed. I still do all my hacking in Ye Olde SimPE, which I think got discontinued before OFB even came out.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Solowren
Senator

A flock of crapped nerds

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 October 29, 07:00:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I see no reason why binning hair would have changed. I still do all my hacking in Ye Olde SimPE, which I think got discontinued before OFB even came out.

Thank ye kindly.

Now if only I could stay awake long enough to bin some harr......

Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 October 29, 07:01:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If only I could find some decent custom hair worth downloading and binning...   Roll Eyes
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 October 29, 07:08:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am using the test version of simpe for pets and the biggest change I see is in the sim browser pets are listed as family members and or townies if they are stray's and the object files now of course include Pet items.
   the other change is net 2.0 is now required for SimPe to be used. I imagine it won't be much longer til Sim PE for Pets is released

I have joined the ranks of many herre and have been banned from Brynnes forum.I must say the pleasure is all mine in having been banned from there .Self absorbed bragging is tiring  after awhile.
Solowren
Senator

A flock of crapped nerds

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 October 29, 07:29:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If only I could find some decent custom hair worth downloading and binning...   Roll Eyes

I recently discovered what is now my new favorite site ever. *....asidefromherecough*

It involves quite a bit of pillaging and booty and other pirate-istic things.

Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 October 29, 07:37:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

been there, done that...  hated most of it!

I'm really fussy with hair...  needs to look natural (could I see a real person with hair like this?) be animated if it's not an up-do, and be available in all 4 maxis colours...  doesn't leave much after that!
trancejeremy
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 October 29, 07:44:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does anyone know if it would be "safe" to bin hair with OfBSimPE while I have Pets installed? I'd been planning to stay away from SimPE until it was updated just in case I screwed something up, but I obtained quite a few new hairs today and I just know that having them all in custom is going to bug the royal shit out of me. Tongue

Yeah, I just binned some myself and it worked fine. (I think the only thing that gets broken is loading a neighborhood)
Surelyfunke
Bearded Bigamist
Querulous Quidnunc

Beard is yours for $2.50 at Rose Sims!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 October 30, 06:04:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ness, do you like Sunair's hair meshes? There are lots of recolours for her meshes on TSR, some of them in Maxis-type colours as well.

I know those aren't up on PMBD, but if there is enough interest, I'm sure they will find their way there....

Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 October 30, 06:43:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ness, do you like Sunair's hair meshes? There are lots of recolours for her meshes on TSR, some of them in Maxis-type colours as well.

I know those aren't up on PMBD, but if there is enough interest, I'm sure they will find their way there....
To be honest, I've not tried them...  do they seem like they would pass the incredbly high ness-standard?  Because there's actually a few I've seen that I certainly wouldn't mind trying.
Surelyfunke
Bearded Bigamist
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 October 30, 06:45:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No harm trying, Ness. All free anyway Grin. FWIW, I like her animations - they are very subtle and realistic. Also, I don't notice any gaps in the neck, or other blindingly broken parts. Unlike with Rose and Peggy Tongue.

Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 October 30, 06:50:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ugh!  I forgot the freaking neck gaps!  I've had quite a few nice up-dos that I've chucked because of gaps!

Anyway, they sound like it's certainly worth taking a look, so I'll keep an eye on PMBD for them.

Thanks, Surelyfunke
verdaeni
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 October 30, 06:50:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

okay im stupid.  what do you mean by 'bin' hair?

Life is tough.
Life is Tougher if you act STUPID.
Surelyfunke
Bearded Bigamist
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 October 30, 06:51:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ness, all the hairs are up. Recolours by other TSR creators are not, though. So if you see any you like.....*cough*

Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 October 30, 07:00:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

okay im stupid.  what do you mean by 'bin' hair?

Make the hairs show up in the colour bins, rather than all jumbled together in the custom bin.
verdaeni
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006 October 30, 07:10:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ah, thats a very useful thing indeed then.  i hate going through pages and pages of custom hair.

Life is tough.
Life is Tougher if you act STUPID.
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2006 October 30, 07:40:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

it's actually quite easy once you get the hang of it...

Surelyfunke, PMBD has been raided and I'm finding the process of binning hair to be quite therapeutic!   Shocked  All 31 of them!
idtaminger
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2006 October 30, 13:45:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Lol. Wow. 31. What a hoard. Cheesy

I've been trying to whittle down my hair folder, but I just can't let go of a huge chunk of my hairs, and then I'm surfing PMBD at the same time? Gah! Every time I try to delete hairs my d/ls folder balloons.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2006 October 30, 14:33:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ness: All of the Sunair stuff I have gotten is not animated. Don't know if he has newer stuff that is animated or not.  Like the other Asian modders he does a bazillion different colors, many of them rainbow Anime and his reds tend to be maroon magenta.

I guess if you downloaded only updos, binned them yourself and re-did the red to something that actually looked natural some of them might be tolerable. Don't know if it's worth all the effort though.  Undecided

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
aqualectrix
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2006 October 30, 15:14:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ness, your standards for hair sound a lot like what I look for.  (Except I'm not nearly as good at keeping my greedy little hands off things that don't meet those standards...)  I'd be very interested in knowing what hairs meet the Ness-standard!
idtaminger
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2006 October 30, 15:17:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah! The reds always piss me off. I have to edit about 90% of all the red hairs to fix the color. Sometimes it's too brown, but, esp. in the Asian hair cases, it's way too magenta-red.

I guess it can't be helped, since in Asia the closest Asian pple get to red hair is hair dye, but sheesh, it's not like it's hard to google a celebrity or something.
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2006 October 30, 20:19:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In the end, something like 10 of them stayed in game...  there's some animations, and many that are styled in such a way that they don't seem to need it.  Some of the 10 that stayed are likely to find themselves turfed after I see how they look in game, but they seemed decent enough to stay after the massive CAS purge.  I also can't see me ever using them on a red-head, but fixing that aspect of them is not something that is within my skill set.

At this stage, my two favourite custom hairs for females would be Lola's sometimes hair, and Nouk's fuzzy tail...  I think that's what it's called...

Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2006 October 30, 20:32:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, my problem is I can't keep my hands off of long hair. I get all giddy when the hair animates, but it never bothers me if it doesn't.

Currently, I have too many ponytail variations. And PMBD hurt my downloads folder. =p

And it looks like Peggy, XMSims, and Rose started binning their hairs, so you just have to family them together now.

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
idtaminger
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2006 October 30, 23:12:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And it looks like Peggy, XMSims, and Rose started binning their hairs, so you just have to family them together now.

Which is just more work for me, esp. on the rose hairs, b/c her newer meshes are constantly 4-6,000 polys, and I don't want those spawning on the neanderthal creatures that are some of the townies. Why waste my processing power on them, I say.

It takes me ages to actually put a hair set into my game, but it doesn't seem to slow down my acquisition any - just makes it that much more frustrating. Yesterday, it took me like 3 hours to properly fix 7 hair sets. The longest time is spent fixing the damned colors. My biggest peeves - sets w/3 nearly identical blondes, fuschia/magenta reds, and grey-looking blacks. And Peggy always sticks in 4 brown variations, which I then have to sort and chuck/keep. Why can't they all just stick to 4-6 natural colors and a grey?
« Last Edit: 2006 October 30, 23:20:42 by idtaminger » Logged
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2006 October 31, 01:15:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't know either. Drives me nuts! They have to make every hair in 5,000 colors, do we really need that many? If people want to recolor a hair it's not that hard to do, or she can just make the 4 base colors and consistantly use the same shades and stick the rest on separate pages as alternate extra downloads.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: