More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 11:41:34

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The War Room
| | |-+  Deleted 2: Electric Boogaloo!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Deleted 2: Electric Boogaloo!  (Read 290903 times)
Sonia_sj
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: Deleted 2: Electric Boogaloo!
« Reply #225 on: 2010 December 05, 09:26:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for the reminder, but I heard that if I clear their memory and relationship properly, then I can move them with no bad consequences? Is that true?
I guess it will be a lot of work, but I've been playing this neighborhood for so long. If there's a way to retain some characters I'd feel much better...
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #226 on: 2010 December 05, 10:15:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Given how old your neighborhood is, I do not think what you propose is terribly practical.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Tarlia
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #227 on: 2010 December 05, 11:31:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

An easier and cleaner (but still tedious) way is to write down all the stats and relationships of your favourites, clone them in SimPE, and then recreate them in CAS in a new neighbourhood, and set any relationships you couldn't set in CAS in SimPE.
Sonia_sj
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #228 on: 2010 December 05, 19:52:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks Pescado and Tarlia.

My neighborhood had generations of sims, but most of them are dead. I'll just let the dead be gone. I'm moving the youngest generation only, there are like 30 sims. I hope that's managable. Pescado, I noticed that your Lot Debugger can eliminate most of the irrelevent "gossip" memories and "meeting someone" things, and that greatly reduces my work. Thanks!

I'm not sure how to rebuild the relationships using SimPE, but I guess if I don't care about preserving the family lineage then it's probably just some marriage relationships. Thanks for the idea Tarlia~~
Jeebus
Nitwitted Nuisance

MATY's Lord and Savior

View Profile
« Reply #229 on: 2010 December 05, 20:04:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can also use TJ's Sim Blender to set familial relationships in-game.

"Terminate the erroneous data" is an awesome euphemism for an abortion.
Tarlia
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #230 on: 2010 December 05, 21:07:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks Pescado and Tarlia.

My neighborhood had generations of sims, but most of them are dead. I'll just let the dead be gone. I'm moving the youngest generation only, there are like 30 sims. I hope that's managable. Pescado, I noticed that your Lot Debugger can eliminate most of the irrelevent "gossip" memories and "meeting someone" things, and that greatly reduces my work. Thanks!

I'm not sure how to rebuild the relationships using SimPE, but I guess if I don't care about preserving the family lineage then it's probably just some marriage relationships. Thanks for the idea Tarlia~~

If you go the SimPE-clone-CAS route, you do not need to worry about memories. Only the sim's appearance will be cloned.

Setting relationships in SimPE is really very easy, there's a nice graphical interface with slider bars and checkboxes.
Sonia_sj
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #231 on: 2010 December 06, 19:26:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks Tarlia. I figured out how to do this.

At first I thought of moving the character instead of recreating them. But then I realized once I removed all their memories and relations they are just "like new" anyway. Indeed it is much easier to just clone them~~
MrsCrumplebottom
Blathering Buffoon

Shadilay!

View Profile
« Reply #232 on: 2011 June 16, 04:05:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I hate to resurrect an old thread, but I'm having issues.

I have the batbox, I went into Belladonna Cove and prepped several Sims for deletion. 

I tried to exit the game (with saving), and the dumb thing hung up...as in I had to start Task Manager to end the program.

I tried it again...tried saving before exiting.  After five minutes the thing was STILL "saving lot."  Again, task manager.

BTW I'm running the game, all EPs and SPs, on Windows 7, if that's of any help.

I even tried running in windowed mode and opening up SimPE...but as I figured, I can't access the hood in SimPE while it's running.

REEEEEE!!!
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #233 on: 2011 June 20, 10:51:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Never seen that before and have no idea how it could happen.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
MrsCrumplebottom
Blathering Buffoon

Shadilay!

View Profile
« Reply #234 on: 2011 June 20, 13:21:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just said "screw it," extracted the Sims I wanted from the various 'hoods via SimPE, took note of their personalities, installed the empty templates...and went from there.

REEEEEE!!!
MaximilianPS
Undead Member

da grammar killer

View Profile
« Reply #235 on: 2011 July 01, 19:49:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

don't you have TS2 Enhancer v.2.0 ?
Tarlia
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #236 on: 2011 July 01, 21:02:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

don't you have TS2 Enhancer v.2.0 ?

1. Who are you talking to?

2. I've never heard of this TS2 Enhancer before, but from the looks of it, it's just a SimPE for Dummies, AND it's pay. Why would anyone want that, let alone pay for it?
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #237 on: 2011 July 01, 21:18:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There are also hacked versions of TS2 Enhancer available. It wasn't a bad program and there were a couple of things I used it for which were quicker and easier to manage in that program, than in SimPE.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Tarlia
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #238 on: 2011 July 01, 22:00:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There are also hacked versions of TS2 Enhancer available. It wasn't a bad program and there were a couple of things I used it for which were quicker and easier to manage in that program, than in SimPE.

Not saying it's a bad program (I wouldn't know, but the screenshots look nice enough), but almost none of the features listed are particularly difficult to do in SimPE, except maybe setting a 'retired from' job. There's also something especially off-putting about them wanting $15 for polishing features that already exist in SimPE for free.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #239 on: 2011 July 01, 22:12:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, I'm not touting for the program, don't get me wrong. I paid for it in the early days before I discovered SimPE - or before it existed, I don't remember - but the bastard that made it, made you get a new key every time it was installed. So when I did a reformat twice in succession at one point, I was refused a second new key. I was royally pissed. That's when I sourced the hacked version and never looked back.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
MaximilianPS
Undead Member

da grammar killer

View Profile
« Reply #240 on: 2011 July 02, 23:08:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

with TS2E i've backuped about 50 sims with name and datas, and in few seconds i can replace one sim with another without any risks Tongue
btw it was just a sugestion

doint that taken 5 seconds, can you do better with bloody simpe ? :p
MrsCrumplebottom
Blathering Buffoon

Shadilay!

View Profile
« Reply #241 on: 2011 July 06, 19:36:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I actually got it to work, somehow...just used the batbox, followed by Theo's deleter tool.  It was Strangetown and Belladonna Cove that had the issues, for whatever reason.

REEEEEE!!!
ForeverCamp
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #242 on: 2011 August 02, 17:25:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Again, I hate to necromance, but I am stumped.  Huh

I followed the instructions to the T to delete some (okay, A LOT) of townies et al. in my 2-year-old Pleasantview. I got through the deletion process all right with the first batch (with roughly 850 files to delete, I wasn't doing them all at once), but when I tried to go back in-game to prep a second batch, it hangs up on the loading screen to the neighbourhood (both going into the main or a subhood), and I have to use Task Manager to shut it down.

I don't understand why this is happening. I don't THINK it's devolving into a BFBVFS, because the neighbourhood was running just fine prior to this. I still have backups of the neighbourhood files, so I can reinstall and redo if I need to. Does anybody have an idea of what's wrong?

ETA:  Bash me all you want. This is what I get for not reading three or four pages past the step-by-step instructions. I went into the UNK and not the SCID.

ETA2: Never mind. It still hangs up on the loading screen even when the SCID is used.

ETA3: Hangs up even when I don't bother with index reset.
« Last Edit: 2011 August 04, 00:21:15 by ForeverCamp » Logged
Duchess
sloppyhousewife
Lipless Loser

Plumber Zombie

View Profile
« Reply #243 on: 2011 August 04, 21:13:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't know what you did exactly, so I can't say what went wrong. I've never come across those problems, and I Deleted 2 a lot.
Have you really deleted the character files from the My Documents folder after killing the respective Sim Description? That's something easily overlooked.
Whatever you have done with the UNK, have you *undone* it?
And how many files have you deleted in your first batch?
It's possible, that your loading screen doesn't hang up actually, but that it just takes a long time (and I mean a long time) to load the neighborhood. So, how long have you waited until killing it via the task manager? Have you tried loading it, do some other stuff, come back later (say, after 15-30 minutes) and check?
Oh - and have you by any chance tried to delete character files which should not be touched, like the Reaper or PolliTech?

I would recommend to take a backup and start all over again, maybe with smaller batches (although I have deleted ~250 files in one go without problems before), at least at first. You *do* have a backup, right?

"Getting attention here is like awakening Lovecraftian cosmic horrors. Don't do it." - J.M. Pescado

ForeverCamp
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #244 on: 2011 August 05, 01:23:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sloppyhousewife:

1. I deleted the associated character files from the My Documents after killing the SDSC, definitely.
2. I started from scratch about three or four times - you bet your sweet ass I have a backup of the neighbourhood. Pleasantview is my baby, I always have a backup. So I did undo the last step for Sim Creation Index reset.
3. The first go around, I deleted roughly 250 files. I waited about 15-20 minutes before killing it.
4. I did not touch any character files that were in the "Default" submenu: dead sims, PolliTech, Reaper et al, as well as any sims who had fathered playables. All I killed were service NPCs, strays, townies, downtownies, dormies, locals and a crapload of professors (really? 100 professors for a single university subhood?!).
5. See #2.
Duchess
sloppyhousewife
Lipless Loser

Plumber Zombie

View Profile
« Reply #245 on: 2011 August 05, 14:12:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Then maybe your game hangs due to massive NPC, townie etc. respawning (just a wild guess). Do you have all the anti-respawn hacks?

"Getting attention here is like awakening Lovecraftian cosmic horrors. Don't do it." - J.M. Pescado

ForeverCamp
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #246 on: 2011 August 06, 00:19:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yep. I have the latest Directors Cut (which includes: norespawn, nostrayrespawn, notownieregen, nodormieregen and antiredundancy).

Update: I think I'm either just way too impatient or way too impatient Cheesy . Deleting in smaller batches (of 20-50 at a time) appears to have resolved the issue. I've also stopped deleting the superfluous, totally empty EA Games->The Sims 2 folder that generates every time I start the game. I don't know if that has anything to do with it...
MrsCrumplebottom
Blathering Buffoon

Shadilay!

View Profile
« Reply #247 on: 2011 August 31, 18:45:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Strangetown is no longer an issue for me, but Belladonna Cove...*sigh* might as well hang it up.

I also have issues with deleting the playables I don't want from Bluewater Village, no matter what 'hood I associate it with.

Oh well.  I just delete when I can, and if I can't...pretend they're townies who happen to live in the 'hood!

REEEEEE!!!
ForeverCamp
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #248 on: 2011 September 24, 21:18:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm still getting a crapload of professors, but the rest of the townie population is under control.
Taedium Vitae
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #249 on: 2011 September 24, 23:26:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do you have a lot of custom careers? They all need their own professors.

Un roi sans divertissement est un homme plein de misères.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: