More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 16:30:18

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The War Room
| | |-+  Deleted 2: Electric Boogaloo!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Deleted 2: Electric Boogaloo!  (Read 290917 times)
amazone
Passive-Aggressive Nutjob
Asinine Airhead

A Wayseer.

View Profile
Re: Deleted 2: Electric Boogaloo!
« Reply #75 on: 2007 October 06, 15:30:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

HOW TO DELETE SIMS COMPLETELY

First, start your game, open up a family, select your lot debugger, SHIFT-CLICK and pick out the sim(s) you wish to kill. Debug mode must be on!

Either i am very bad in english, or my computer or game work different. I do not get these options showned in the picture.
I type boolprop testingcheatsenabled true, SHIFT-CLICK ON A SIM, and all i get is a lot of other options. Like spawn or kill and all that.

I do not own pets, and never will. I just wonder, what am i doing wrong here since i do not get the same options as described here?

I do not understand "select your lot debugger" ?? And how do i get the debugged mode on? I have used it in CAS, but not in neighbourhoods.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: 2007 October 06, 15:33:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Either i am very bad in english, or my computer or game work different. I do not get these options showned in the picture.
I type boolprop testingcheatsenabled true, SHIFT-CLICK ON A SIM, and all i get is a lot of other options. Like spawn or kill and all that.
Shift-CLICK on the box, not on a sim.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: 2007 October 06, 17:39:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

^ Kiddie apparently doesn't have the lot debugger and doesn't understand what it is.

Amazone, look in the Firing Range. It's a hacked object, and it will be your very favorite new toy.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Countess
baratron
Heretic
Knuckleheaded Knob

I love Pokemon! Thus I am a Heretic!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #78 on: 2007 October 19, 03:53:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just a *bump* to ask El Presidente whether the Lot Debugger is any closer to having a way to delete pe(s)ts yet? I installed Pets last night and failed to get the empty templates, and as a result have Critturs cluttering up all 5 of my Neighbourhoods *hangs head in shame*. To give me some credit, if I'd realised the wretched EP put bonus sims in the SimBin, I'd have got the empty template first. (Knew about the LotBin, but thought that was relatively benign due to occupado houses vanishing from bin once placed.) Ah well! I'll know to do that before getting Seasons.

* Pescado is batshit crazy, and thus it's not safe to say what he could or would do. Tongue

Pescado: You're a weird and freaky Baratron.
Pescado: Also, all Baratrons suck.

Read my Sims 2 stories!
mk
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: 2007 December 18, 11:18:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've already tried following the instructions to wipe out all the characters created by Bon Voyage, but failed miserably so my back up has been restored.  I'm assuming first of all that it is safe for me to get rid of them all?

The part that I didn't follow was the resetting of the sim creation index.  I found the UNK file and used the hex editor, but was completely unsure as it didn't look right.  A little late I know, but I tehn read all of the posts and realised that the sim creation index has it's own descriptor in later versions of SimPE.  I had made some changes already, but none of these had been comitted or saved as far as I knew so I just exited.  I restarted and made what I thought were the right changes.  On starting my game it just hung forever on the neighbourhood loading screen.  I'm assuming that either I changed the sim creation index wrong, or some value was changed that shouldn't have been on my first attempt.  Is it okay to just completely ignore this step?  Unless that is someone can explain it in the simplest possible way.
Sky
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: 2007 December 28, 09:19:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey, new here, looks cool, anyways I got linked to this thread for help with fixing my Bon Voyage.

I've never used any cheats or debuggers, never used simPE (let alone two different versions?), never used hex editors.

My game is running slow, I figured out I have about 37 extra vacation NPC's running around.

I don't trust myself to fix my game however, the outline here intimidates me because I'm new to all of it.

Are there any other solutions to this? I'd like to be able to play my neighborhood again.  Cry

Thanks.
kuronue
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: 2007 December 30, 05:15:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can do a total uninstall and reinstall.  Be sure to delete the neighborhood data and all the saved information.

INFP or something
Sky
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: 2007 December 30, 08:24:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Starting from scratch isn't what I meant by "able to play my neighborhood again". I meant the neighborhood I put a lot of work into before Bon Voyage came and fuckt it up.
Invisigoth
Peedrinker
Malodorous Moron

INTP: pensive analytical skeptic.

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: 2007 December 30, 20:09:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Starting from scratch isn't what I meant by "able to play my neighborhood again". I meant the neighborhood I put a lot of work into before Bon Voyage came and fuckt it up.

Here are your options; either figure out how to use Deleted 2, restore to a pre-BV backup copy of the neighborhood (before the unwanted characters were added), or delete your neighborhood and start over.

A queue is a line. A cue is a pool stick or a hint or guiding suggestion.
Sky
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: 2007 December 31, 01:49:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok. I'm left with no choice. Damn you Bon Voyage. Angry

So I'm assuming this is a little different (hopefully simpler) when getting rid of tour guides rather than my sims' ugly grandpa. They don't actually have any sort of relationship with my sims do they? Also I can't just go click on them all to prep for delete and get little numbers and stuff right?

Can anyone outline the steps I need to do just to get rid of tour guides/unsavory charletons?

I appreciate it.

Edit>>
So I went and looked for this SimPE business and ended up at the site for it and it appears that a new one was released yesterday...
http://sims.ambertation.de/

How does this change things?

It says there is a sim deleter tool plugin!
« Last Edit: 2007 December 31, 02:27:00 by Sky » Logged
V
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: 2007 December 31, 09:09:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can find complete instructions on how to delete sims here: Super Secret Place You Have Never Heard of Where You Too Can Learn to Delete Sims. Now don't tell anybody that I told you. I don't want to get into trouble for helping someone who is clearly lost and unable to solve her own problems.

Also you can find answers to your SimPE questions here: Super Secret Place That Has Answers to Nearly Every Question You Can Think Of. Again, please don't let anybody know that I told you.

I want people to stop saying, "Son of a bitch". Instead we should say "Son of an ASS" because that is more accurate. Spread the word!

Sky
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: 2007 December 31, 09:50:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Woo, clever.

If we were all as smart as you, natural selection would work in the human race, but no, people in wheelchairs get a little dog and blind people got braille.

I'm new to everything described in this thread, and yes, figuring it out on my own is an option, but it would be more efficient to receive help from someone more knowledgeable on the subject. Hopefully not everyone here is a twat, one who makes gender assumptions no less.

With the new simPE I loaded my neighborhood, selected tour guides and charlatans, and deleted them. I don't know if this is ok but the game still worked. However it was still pretty slow, though slightly less so.

I may have a new problem. I just realized that making all 3 vacation destinations available to my neighborhood created a ton of people. Is there a safe way to reverse this? If I delete all of the people from one destination, assuming i can figure out who's from where, and never go back there, will they stay gone and not be replaced?

Thank you very much to anyone who's considerate.

Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: 2007 December 31, 10:13:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh goody, a New Year present.

Most obstreperous Sky, V did you a real favour by providing you with the links. We expect most posters to read our forum FAQs and stickies and so on, oddly enough. Considering these FAQs etc were made with the express purpose of answering N00B questions, so that we did not have to do so repeatedly.

The only twat in this thread sir, is you.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: 2007 December 31, 10:26:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm new to everything described in this thread, and yes, figuring it out on my own is an option, but it would be more efficient to receive help from someone more knowledgeable on the subject. Hopefully not everyone here is a twat, one who makes gender assumptions no less.
Well, considering we have given you an illustrated tutorial with step-by-step instructions of exactly how to execute every step of the process, I do not understand what more you expect. Any other method is either shortcut to be attempted only by those more advanced (I.E., apparently not you), or a critical omission of key steps (which is bad).

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Sky
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: 2007 December 31, 18:33:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So I have to find every tour guide in the game, all 37, and click on them to prep for delete?

And I have to do a bunch of crap in two different, apparently crappy, versions of simPE when there is a new version with something called a sim deleter tool?

My point is that, there is a new version out, which sounds like it makes things simpler, and it seems logical to me to try and use that if it could potentially be easier, rather than continue to struggle to understand the stuff on the first page here. It seems like a group of people here who are pretty into doing stuff with simPE so I is my hope that one of you will figure it out and help me.

And witch, you honestly think V's post was a real favour?
I mean, this forum isn't exactly going apeshit with activity, causing an inability for anyone to actually answer someone else's question personally. 
V
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: 2007 December 31, 19:46:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You were already told that this is not a support forum for SimPE. You were given a tutorial, complete with pictures and circles to illustrate the important bits, a link to a helpful site that can often lead a person to the answers to most questions and you were given very helpful advice from kuronue and from Invisigoth. All of your information thus far was confirmed by the President of the site Himself. He even gave you reasons why you should do as you have been told.

The only thing left for us to do is to come over to your house and do it for you. What's your address? One of us will come over right away and take care of this for you.

By the way, I assumed you were a little girl because you were whining and insisting that someone big and strong come and do your work for you. Now you are complaining that the job is too hard and too involved and why don't we make it easier for you. You still sound like a little girl. A little girl whose doll house is broken and who doesn't want to have to find the nails and the glue to put it back together again.

I want people to stop saying, "Son of a bitch". Instead we should say "Son of an ASS" because that is more accurate. Spread the word!

Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: 2007 December 31, 20:29:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And anyway, Sky, since your profile does not list your gender, one simply has to assume something.  Since most players here are female, it is a common practice to assume that new unindicated posters are female.  We also assume you are 12, since your attitude and desire to be hand-held suggests this strongly.

If you don't want to do the Deleted 2 steps, that's fine.  Try anything else you want.  If your game goes splodie, you were warned.

Anyhow, it is likely that 37 additional vacation townies are not what is slowing down your game.  BV causes all sorts of slowdowns for various reasons, it seems.  Try playing with your modem switched off or unplugged, reduce graphic levels and/or sound quality.  Look through the "getting rid of securom" threads, or search on "BV lag".  My thought is that you will find that you can delete 37 characters and not solve your lag problems.

Nice enough for you?  Now stop whining.

Tribulatio proxima est
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: 2007 December 31, 20:32:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

O.M.G. I, like, totally missed that we attend each individual whiner en masse. Why didn't someone tell me?

And witch, you honestly think V's post was a real favour?
Um, yes, or I wouldn't have said so?

I mean, this forum isn't exactly going apeshit with activity, causing an inability for anyone to actually answer someone else's question personally. 
What the hell are you thinking MATYans? Xmas & New Year with family and friends? Dereliction of duty I calls it! Get back here and answer the N00b's repetitive quest for an easier, softer way.

Sky
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: 2007 December 31, 21:19:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok.

Asking for help and whining are different things.

You all just love to sit on your high horses and laugh at people who aren't as good with computers as you are. I have just been asking questions, and been perfectly polite, and not whining at all. And I am met with sarcasm and jeering and almost no help at all (which sparked some deserved impoliteness from me). 

Usually if someone is having trouble with somethings, even with some instructions, there are nice people willing to help. Here I can see it's mostly people who just get kicks out of seeing people struggle. It's extremely immature from women in their 40's.

Jolrei, even though you did a bit of the unnecessary above, I appreciate the info you gave me. Thanks.

Sorry to end all your fun but, to both mine and probably your happiness, I think I'll look elsewhere for help.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: 2007 December 31, 21:23:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Good luck with that!

jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: 2008 January 01, 06:09:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Usually if someone is having trouble with somethings, even with some instructions, there are nice people willing to help. Here I can see it's mostly people who just get kicks out of seeing people struggle. It's extremely immature from women in their 40's.

Nice people?  Hell, you wandered into the wrong place. 

You've been given the answers you asked for, but you don't like them.  Tough shit.  Life's not far.  This is not the site for moronic excuses like 'not being good with computers.' If you're not good with computers, you shouldn't be asking how to do advanced things with them.  If you want to do advanced things with them, learn how, or hire someone to do it for you.  I'd be happy to, for $100 a hour plus traveling expenses.

Oh, and I guess I'm really immature then, being in my 50's and all.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Sky
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: 2008 January 01, 09:56:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nice people?  Hell, you wandered into the wrong place.

I have realized that.

Not all of my questions have been answered, like how to find all the tour guides so I can prep them for delete like the tutorial tells me to do.

I think I may have figure out the real problem though. I sent one of my sims on a vacation to Twikki Island and got him flirting with the Witch Doctor ( you can do 'feed a bite' and once they fancy each other you can do everything else) and eventually marry the guy/have him move in. So I did this... it asked me if I wanted to move in Mrs. Crumplebottom or the Grim Reaper or the Hula Zombie or any of my dead sims or Bella Goth with the Witch Doctor, but I declined. I think having the witch doctor in one of my families is something making my game run bad, because that's about the time I remember it starting to run bad. Also, after backing up my Sims 2 folder I moved the family with the witch doctor in it to another 'hood via the move occupied house thing figuring I'll start anew in this neighborhood, since the other one was looking grim, and play my favorite family in the new 'hood and go from there. Well the new 'hood ran slow...

So I think my real problem is the Witch Doctor since you aren't supposed to have him playable in your families. It makes sense too because I didn't spend $3500 building this computer so a small band of tour guides could slow it down. Witch Doctors do voodoo shit though so you never know.  Angry

Anyways, I don't know what the lot debugger is, or if it's even different from debug mode. I've tried to search high and low on this site to figure it out so I wouldn't have to burden you people with a question, and while it is mentioned a lot on the site, I cannot find out what it is and/or how to use it.

Because of this I'm stuck on the first line of the tutorial, in my quest to delete the Witch Doctor.

And age and maturity are not directly proportional, however I don't have any reason to think you are immature, you seem very logical to me and your post wasn't full of personal attacks and insults you expect to hear on the 5th grade playground.

And witch your luck did not help me Sad
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: 2008 January 01, 10:16:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, seeing as it's New Year and all...

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/ffs/

Have a look through the bv folder for all bv hacks. The Director's cut has all hacks. Each zip has an rtfm in it, explaining what it does. Most hacks also have a thread on this forum. Search by name.

Lord Darcy
Obtuse Oaf

The owls are not what they seem.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #98 on: 2008 January 01, 10:56:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No wonder your hood is exploding, as you've already done 2 Very Bad Things to your hood.

I sent one of my sims on a vacation to Twikki Island and got him flirting with the Witch Doctor

If you can't do the flirting with NPCs in 'normal' way (not the one that was introduced by later EP), you are not supposed to move in/marry them. EA test new EPs only with Base Game, so some EP-specific features are often glitched. (Like OFB perk "Head for Numbers", which made the game crash when you try to call vacation NPCs.) AFAIR, Feed a Bite was introduced in NL, so it's not surprising that the interaction is glitched with BV NPCs.

I moved the family with the witch doctor in it to another 'hood via the move occupied house thing figuring I'll start anew in this neighborhood

This is a well-known VBT. NEVER move occupied lots into lot bin. NEVER move occupied lots between the hoods. You'll irrevocably corrupt your new hood. DO NOT delete family in the Sim bin.

Search the forum for more information, and read around the forum MOAR, especially this War Room and various stickies. If you don't even know such basic things, you're not supposed to try this tutorial in the first place.

Sky
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: 2008 January 01, 20:24:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just play the game, you know. I never thought it was necessary to go online and search for what you can and can't do in a game, because in most of the games I've played (and there have been a damn lot) they are made well enough where it's not necessary, and anything you can do is ok.

Thanks for letting me know these things. I never would have thought moving an occupied lot would damage things. Seems very irresponsible of EA to not warn you about that while you're doing it.

If you don't even know such basic things, you're not supposed to try this tutorial in the first place.

I have figured this out, that I am far from capable of doing this tutorial, however, I need to do it... hence why a lot of people here seem to hate me.

Thanks for the link, witch.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: