More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 18, 10:43:59

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The War Room
| | |-+  Deleted 2: Electric Boogaloo!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Deleted 2: Electric Boogaloo!  (Read 292656 times)
Charity
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: Deleted 2: Electric Boogaloo!
« Reply #200 on: 2009 December 09, 12:59:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Close and return to Ye Olde SimPE, or try to do this in Newfangled Craptastic, if you can figure that out. I have no idea where that went.
Now kill their files, as circled in blue. DO NOT KILL THE SimDNA (SDNA), as marked in red!

Repeat for all sims you prepped for delete earlier.

And then save and exit:

Ok, I'm trying to delete my unwanted Sims. I used the unlinked link to delete them from in game (thanks!). I get this far, then I'm not sure where to find the files to delete in the newest version of SimPE. Can anyone help please?

Also, I deleted all the Maxis neighbourhoods by deleting them from the neighbourhood selection screen in game. Are they going to have bits hanging around somewhere or will that have deleted them completely? The neighbourhoods no longer show up in the neighbourhood screen in Sim PE.
Charity
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #201 on: 2009 December 10, 02:15:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Agh, ok scratch that. From further reading I think I'm already on my way to the big fiery ball (unless the big fiery ball was a tree in my Sims' backyard that wouldn't stop burning, in which case I'm already there Tongue). XD

I think I'll do a reinstall with the clean templates thing.

To ensure I don't create a new fiery ball, I just have a couple of questions I couldn't find the answers to.

Can I move my downloads folder with hacks etc. before uninstalling and then move it back in after reinstalling without any problems? Redownloading all my CC would be a real pain in the ass.

If I move out all families first and export a lot using the 'package lot' thingy, will that lot be safe to move back into a new installation or will I have to remake them from scratch?

Thanks.
Mootilda
Dead Member

Reluctant Modder

View Profile
« Reply #202 on: 2009 December 10, 16:26:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can I move my downloads folder with hacks etc. before uninstalling and then move it back in after reinstalling without any problems? Redownloading all my CC would be a real pain in the ass.

Yes, as long as you still have the same EPs installed.  However, you don't need to reinstall the game just to create a new neighborhood using the clean templates.

If I move out all families first and export a lot using the 'package lot' thingy, will that lot be safe to move back into a new installation or will I have to remake them from scratch?

No, it is not safe.  You need to clean the sims properly before packaging.

I don't think this level of hostility is necessary
Charity
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #203 on: 2009 December 11, 09:11:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, it is not safe.  You need to clean the sims properly before packaging.

Not the Sims. I moved the Sims out. Just the furnished lot left behind (I have that hacked shrub that lets furniture stay when Sims leave). So is just the lot safe?

Thanks.
Mootilda
Dead Member

Reluctant Modder

View Profile
« Reply #204 on: 2009 December 11, 17:19:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not the Sims. I moved the Sims out. Just the furnished lot left behind (I have that hacked shrub that lets furniture stay when Sims leave). So is just the lot safe?

Sorry, I didn't read your previous post quite right.  Yes, packaging an unoccupied lot should be safe.

I don't think this level of hostility is necessary
Charity
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #205 on: 2009 December 11, 22:10:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry, I didn't read your previous post quite right.  Yes, packaging an unoccupied lot should be safe.

Great. Thanks a lot!
Charity
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #206 on: 2009 December 22, 13:25:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Close and return to Ye Olde SimPE, or try to do this in Newfangled Craptastic, if you can figure that out. I have no idea where that went.
Now kill their files, as circled in blue. DO NOT KILL THE SimDNA (SDNA), as marked in red!

Repeat for all sims you prepped for delete earlier.

And then save and exit:

Ok, I'm trying to delete my unwanted Sims. I used the unlinked link to delete them from in game (thanks!). I get this far, then I'm not sure where to find the files to delete in the newest version of SimPE. Can anyone help please?

Ok I need to delete a family I had to make as a template for Sim Surgery. If anyone could tell me where in new SimPE I find the above files to delete then I would be eternally grateful!
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #207 on: 2009 December 22, 14:23:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

IIRC, there's a plugin by Theo that should be able to handle the SimPE-side-for-idiots for you, although you still should start the Deleted 2 process in-game to cleanup all in-game references.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Duchess
sloppyhousewife
Lipless Loser

Plumber Zombie

View Profile
« Reply #208 on: 2009 December 22, 15:31:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I never used Theo's plugin, but deleting sims with the new(er) SimPE is really easy, you don't even have to open the character files.

- Prepare sims for deletion and write down the instance number, as described by Pescado. No need to convert it to hex, though.
- Open neighborhood in SimPE

1: In the resource tree, click on Sim Description (SDSC)
2: Find the sim you want to delete in the "Instance" column. The instance number you wrote down earlier is the one in brackets. Do NOT delete the SDSC yet.
3: In plugin view, click on the "More" tab. In the drop-down menu, you can see the character file name. Write it down.

Delete the SDSC, save. Now open the Sim Creation Index (as you can see in the picture, it's right above the Sim Description in the resource tree), switch from plugin view to hex view and proceed like in Pescado's description (it still looks the same in the newer SimPE). Commit. Save. Exit SimPE. Don't forget to delete the character file(s) from your neighborhood folder afterwards.

"Getting attention here is like awakening Lovecraftian cosmic horrors. Don't do it." - J.M. Pescado

Charity
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #209 on: 2009 December 23, 06:55:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok thanks a lot. Resetting the Sim Creation Index; I just change the last two numbers to 01, 00? Even if my numbers aren't the same as Pescado's screenshot?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #210 on: 2009 December 23, 10:43:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Right. Your numbers are unlikely to match up, as the current value depends on what you've done so far, but resetting it always works the same.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Charity
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #211 on: 2009 December 23, 12:34:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Great. Thanks for all the help. I'm think I'm done with stupid questions now (yeah right). Shut up brain. Noone asked you. XD
croiduire
Malodorous Moron

INTP

View Profile
« Reply #212 on: 2010 February 04, 05:01:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

After deleting the sim families in the sim bin via the lot debugger and then deleting the character stubs in SDSC and SCOR, I saw that the family names remained listed in Family Information. I deleted them there too, and everything seems ok, but I don't recall that happening before. Did I do something wrong?

The reason that clichés become clichés is that they are the hammers and screwdrivers in the toolbox of communication.
   Guards! Guards! (Terry Pratchett)
Arky
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #213 on: 2010 July 26, 10:46:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've registered to this forum now because I got a really serious, annoying problem. I haven't had that much experience with SimPE up to now, so I hope you can help me.

I deleted more than 300 townies and sims, I never have seen or created by myself. I put the notownieregen.package into the downloads folder, to not let them respawn... but they have respawned =_= and 3 afternoons of work where without success... After I recognized that the neighborhood loaded very long, I noticed there were more new character files than I've deleted in the character's folder.

So, questions1: Can I delete that character files without the lot debugger and SimPE? (I haven't started anything in the game, so I can be sure the respawned sims didn't interfere with anyone)

question2: Why is the background of the Sims in SimPE blue, after I killed them with the lot debugger?

questions3: What does that mean in general, when the background of the Sims in SimPE are blue, red or gray?

questions4: Why did the notownie respawn thingy not work? p_p

I put the antiredundancy hack + the notownie respawn thingy into the downloadsfolder together, may that have caused the problem?

And sry for bad English...
Taedium Vitae
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #214 on: 2010 October 09, 08:09:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I destroyed a CAS-created sim from the sim bin a long time ago.
He was created, joined a "family" of another CAS-created sim on a lot, lived there maybe a couple of sim hours, returned to the bin and was deleted.

Going through the characters file using Clean Installer, I just found his package, so to speak. He is, or was, N003_User00971.package.

I opened it using SimPe, but he's not one the 950 sims under Sim Description. He doesn't appear to be one of the five Unknows. I also gathered various other informations (such as GUID 0x96FAB3A7, Instance 0x00000080, Type 0x4F424A44), but I wouldn't know what to do of them.

I plan to simply delete that package from the characters file, even if I am unable to prepare the late sim with the batbox the way He intended, as the deleted sim doesn't appear anywhere in the pie menu.

Does someone know of other things I could delete or clean in SimPe or in game before I do that?
Should I even delete the mutilated package from the characters file?

Un roi sans divertissement est un homme plein de misères.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #215 on: 2010 October 09, 11:09:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You're saying you have NO simdescription entry corresponding to that character file? Strange.

Taedium Vitae
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #216 on: 2010 October 09, 12:21:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is it? Then I probably deleted it when I knew what I was doing even less than I do now. Again, that sim and using the sim bin's trash can were but a erreur juvénile, I thought he was lost, leaving nothing than random and mysterious corrupted data.

Then while looking for potential mass-murder victims through the Characters file, I clicked next to see the second picture of this "N003_user00971.package Jean", thinking he was a YA that passed by a dorm the other day (since there are often two pictures for each package in the S2P Clean Installer preview, the first being just a black background, and the real portrait showing only on the second picture).
And it actually was that deleted sim. Jean was indeed his name, and the picture leaves no room for doubt. I guess I never saw him there before because I didn't happen to click to see the next picture before.

I believe he is not among the Sim Description merry bunch, because I can't find him there by his name, and the ID I got by opening the package in SimPe differs from those of the five Unknowns. But maybe I am wrong about that and he is one of them, since my use and knowledge of Simpe are quite basic. Or maybe I deleted it and can't remember now.

That is why I don't know what to do about him now, I don't think his remains belong in the Characters file any more, yet I am afraid of messing things up even more if I simply delete the package.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #217 on: 2010 October 09, 12:26:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you're absolutely certain you cannot find ANY reference in the SDSC to the character file you're trying to delete, go ahead and try deleting it, but I would backup first.

Taedium Vitae
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #218 on: 2010 October 09, 12:56:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I will do so. My neighbourhoods were created before my vile self knew of His Awesomeness and of His enlightened work anyway, so whatever happens, if anything, is fine by me.
May thou rest in peace, Jean Queutard.

Sonia_sj
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #219 on: 2010 December 03, 20:14:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi Pescado. Thanks for the post, I've been wanting to delete the PC-created townies in my hood for a long time, and finally learnt how reading this thread.

But I ran into a little trouble here: After I deleted a whole lot of townies in my game following your method, I couldn't read into my hood anymore. The game just continue reading without ever taking me to the hood, but other hoods are okay.

I wonder why it doesn't work. When I "prepare for delete" someone in the game using the Lot Debugger though, there are strings of information telling "fixed or removed X items". Sometimes (I think when the string is too long) the game returns an error message "too many iterations..." and I had to "reset" it. The sim's action is terminated after resetting, but when checking the names generated by the Debugger, the sim I tried to delete does disappear from the list. I wonder if this is the problem. And if so, is there a way to fix it?

I hope you can see this. Thanks a lot~~
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #220 on: 2010 December 03, 23:50:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think if it's that bad, your neighborhood is gunked up in ways that are indescribably horrific.

Sonia_sj
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #221 on: 2010 December 04, 03:59:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

oops, does that mean I have to abandon the neighborhood anyway? I've been playing it for years (in fact, since I got the Sims2), and I guess there are too many junks in it. I once moved an extremely polupar sim who knows everyone in the neighborhood to another hood without clearing her. I read from other sources that's what causes the crash, and SimPE does show multiple profiles of the same person. I thought of delecting all those who have duplicates. If you happen to know this, could this possibly save my neighborhood? Thanks Pescado~~
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #222 on: 2010 December 04, 06:38:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Your neighborhood is in God's hands now.

Sonia_sj
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #223 on: 2010 December 04, 23:11:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for the information. Since it's probably gonna explode sooner or later, I guess I'll just pack up the characters and houses & move~~
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #224 on: 2010 December 04, 23:21:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This isn't Sims 3. You can't just "move" Sims like that.

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: