More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 16:47:10

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Error Log RE: phones
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Error Log RE: phones  (Read 5111 times)
buddha pest
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
Error Log RE: phones
« on: 2006 October 28, 17:49:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've recently downloaded some MATY contest houses, and a couple MTS2 houses, so I'm wondering if anything weird snuck in (I don't use the Clean Installer. Hand slap if you must.)

Or is this something else?

Sorry in advance for being a pest.

Sincerely,

er...buddha PEST

« Last Edit: 2006 October 28, 19:53:33 by buddha pest » Logged
miros
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
Re: Error Log RE: phones
« Reply #1 on: 2006 October 28, 17:52:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Gah, I can't imagine not using the Clean Installer!

Show I just thunk your head into the wall and save you the effort of doing it yourself later?
buddha pest
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 October 28, 17:56:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes.

I feel bad. It's just...I never download houses, and I hate learning new methods of doing things. So I'm just lazy and download from what I consider to (hopefully) be trustworthy sources. Excuses, excuses.

It's probably really simple to use too, isn't it? Everyone point and laugh hard. I welcome it.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 October 28, 17:59:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well first off I noticed you had several hacks from here. Did you mean to get them and if so are the all updated to the latest versions for Pets?

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
miros
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 October 28, 18:07:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

<snip>It's probably really simple to use too, isn't it? Everyone point and laugh hard. I welcome it.

Yes.  You install it and it hooks itself to the extension for .Sims2Pack, so you just double click the file the same as the Maxis installer.  Then the magic happens -- It shows you what's in the pack and lets you check and uncheck each item individually. 

If it's a lot with custom content, I install just the lot into "Teleports" then separately install the custom content into another folder.
buddha pest
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 October 28, 18:09:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well first off I noticed you had several hacks from here. Did you mean to get them and if so are the all updated to the latest versions for Pets?
Yes, and yes.

Incidentally, at the same time I downloaded the houses, I went into the Pets directory here and updated to all the latest versions. It was, I think, all the Oct 26 stuff.

I'm actually playing right now, so I've not yet thrown in any of today's relevant updates, if there are any. But I did look in the directory, and I don't see anything regarding phones that needs updating.
buddha pest
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 October 28, 18:13:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

<snip>It's probably really simple to use too, isn't it? Everyone point and laugh hard. I welcome it.

Yes.  You install it and it hooks itself to the extension for .Sims2Pack, so you just double click the file the same as the Maxis installer.  Then the magic happens -- It shows you what's in the pack and lets you check and uncheck each item individually. 

If it's a lot with custom content, I install just the lot into "Teleports" then separately install the custom content into another folder.

I will get it and use it from now on.

The shame!
miros
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 October 28, 18:17:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And your files install with the name the creator gave them, not Maxian created random hexadecimal digits.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 October 28, 19:02:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

By the way, you can also use to it scan your downloads directory and fish out rouge hacks and such.

If you see anything in red with a name that's either all in numbers and letters or you don't recognize the name then get rid of it.

it works very well for sorting custom content into subfolders too. You can sort by type and move all the clothes to a subfolder, the hairs to another subfolder etc etc.

buddha pest
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 October 28, 19:50:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

By the way, you can also use to it scan your downloads directory and fish out rouge hacks and such.

If you see anything in red with a name that's either all in numbers and letters or you don't recognize the name then get rid of it.

it works very well for sorting custom content into subfolders too. You can sort by type and move all the clothes to a subfolder, the hairs to another subfolder etc etc.
Aha! That's just what I did. I found a hack called "Phone Line" or something, dated 10/27.

I've never even heard of it, so I took it out, and that fixed my problem.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 October 28, 19:58:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's the phone hack.  Grin

Edit: Hmm, wait, I just checked and the most recent update is called "Phone - Line Controller" and dated 10/23. MD5 is E7B3A08B7B75559FA94E0D3BA3EF4AF (I think that's it unless I typoed as I hand typed it Tongue) file name is phonehack.package.
« Last Edit: 2006 October 28, 20:03:11 by Motoki » Logged

buddha pest
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 October 28, 21:50:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hm, uh. Well now I'm confused. I thought I saw the phonehack.package and the talk module thing show up in there seperate from this Phone Line thing. I'm sure I had the latest phone hack installed.

Here's a question: If I downloaded MATY houses that included older versions of MATY hacks that I already had installed, would the old versions override the new ones? That would be a bad life.

I can't get Clean Installer to work right now. I assume because the game is running.
miros
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 October 28, 21:55:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hm, uh. Well now I'm confused. I thought I saw the phonehack.package and the talk module thing show up in there seperate from this Phone Line thing. I'm sure I had the latest phone hack installed.

Here's a question: If I downloaded MATY houses that included older versions of MATY hacks that I already had installed, would the old versions override the new ones? That would be a bad life.

I can't get Clean Installer to work right now. I assume because the game is running.

Sounds like the Phone Line thing came from somewhere else.

Either they'll overwrite, or they'll try to coexist.  Coexistence is bad.

Yes, you actually have to quit the game to run Clean Installer...
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 October 28, 22:39:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What miros said. If you install a house with an older version of a hack it will either overwrite or conflic the newer version.

If you have another "Phone line" that's separate from the one in the Phonehack.package dated 10/23, then yes definitely get rid of it, but you'll have to do so outside of the game.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: