More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 13:12:16

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  can i make dogs stop peeing on sidewalk?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: can i make dogs stop peeing on sidewalk?  (Read 6983 times)
katemonster
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
can i make dogs stop peeing on sidewalk?
« on: 2006 October 28, 06:52:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When dogs pee on the sidewalk, it doesn't evaporate (or soak into the grass, or otherwise vanish) like it does when they pee on the grass, just stays forever and looks gross. One of my dogs ALWAYS pees on the sidewalk in the same spot. Is there any way to make it stop (other than teaching her to pee in the house)? Is it an easy hack, perhaps?
pioupiou
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
Re: can i make dogs stop peeing on sidewalk?
« Reply #1 on: 2006 October 28, 08:03:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm not awesome but I may have an answer for you. One of my sims' dog used to pee just in front of the door, on the porch. It was annoying me greatly so I tryed the stuck object remover on the porch (all the tiles in front of door, I moved away the door to avoid it's disapearance) : it deleted the pee puddles and a "marker". I don't remmeber the exact name, something like "*marker go there". Next time the dog had to pee it goes out far in the back of the lot....
I used the stuck object remover on that spot and Bam, again the same marker. So I think the dog always goes to the same place because of this marker. An deleting the marker makes the dog choose another place to pee.
Hope that helps you
Pioupiou
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 October 28, 09:07:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

anyone else suddenly reminded of invisible poop from unleashed?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 October 28, 09:24:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The latest edition of Yellow Pee should minimize the annoyance of "sidewalk puddles", as the yellow pee puddle is programmed to rapidly disintegrate if outside and belonging to an animal.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 October 28, 09:56:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That was the main reason I didn't buy EP Pets - I have traumatic memory poticularly from that peeing on the sidewalks in Unleashed...Smiley.
« Last Edit: 2006 October 28, 10:03:34 by gali » Logged
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 October 28, 09:58:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, but now you are here, and anything that traumatic would be stompinated.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 October 28, 10:07:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

JMP, until you or your modders around don't make a behave hack that prevents the pets pee on the roads and sidewalks - nothing can stompinate that memory  Tongue
Nauthiz
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 October 28, 10:27:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I found this: http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=198695&c=1, but Pescado idea seems a lot better. I've just tested it and I love it -- puddles belonging to sims evaporate too, quite quickly. Smiley

BTW, I had a bug with an earlier version of this hack -- sims peeing in the bushes were making chocolate puddles instead of yellow ones (and I was wondering what the hell is going on with the toddler until I found out where her grandpa loves to relieve his bladder...). But now everything's ok and maybe I'll later try to put in a bush watering hack again.

Me: One of my Sims just made a fire in the kitchen.
My Grandma: How? Did he burn a dishcloth?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 October 28, 11:50:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That can happen if you do not install all of the required files, perhaps by yanking only one file from the Director's Cut. The Yellow Pee hack requires 2 other files not otherwise labelled "yellow pee", and you should get the zip package and install from that rather than trying to manually clip from the Director's Cut if you want it.

ZiggyDoodle
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 October 28, 12:52:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When dogs pee on the sidewalk, it doesn't evaporate (or soak into the grass, or otherwise vanish)

Ah, but if you have a cleanbot in the house, it will scoot out and quickly clean up the mess, be it inside or out.

They are so adept, am going to sell a special build called Poopee Scoopy and put them on display in the pet shop. 
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 October 28, 17:03:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That was the main reason I didn't buy EP Pets - I have traumatic memory poticularly from that peeing on the sidewalks in Unleashed...Smiley.

Ain't no big thing for me. The nannies already pee on the sidewalk in my game.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
miros
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 October 28, 17:48:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm so tempted to lock the nannies out of the house...  Now that toddlers can eat pet food, I might try it!
Nauthiz
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 October 28, 17:50:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That can happen if you do not install all of the required files, perhaps by yanking only one file from the Director's Cut. The Yellow Pee hack requires 2 other files not otherwise labelled "yellow pee", and you should get the zip package and install from that rather than trying to manually clip from the Director's Cut if you want it.

I prefer installing from individual zip files already, so maybe I deleted something later by mistake. Nevermind. The current version works fine and it seems that Dukasha's shrubtoilethack from MTS2 works too -- no errors yet.  Smiley

BTW, what about changing the little puddle in cat litterbox to yellow, too?

Me: One of my Sims just made a fire in the kitchen.
My Grandma: How? Did he burn a dishcloth?
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 October 28, 17:52:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm so tempted to lock the nannies out of the house...  Now that toddlers can eat pet food, I might try it!

I guess their only use now is to keep the social worker away.

And amusement.  Grin

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
miros
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 October 28, 18:09:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, with Echo's floor blanket, they don't need her to put them to bed... My toddlers would happily sleep on the floor even without the blanket if it meant the stupid nanny wouldn't put them in the crib when they gotta pee!
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006 October 28, 21:44:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Isn't the toddler floor blanket by Atavera?

I just wish the baby controller would see it and direct the toddlers to it, rather than having to rely on free will being on, or directing them myself.
miros
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2006 October 28, 21:50:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You're right... Echo did the playpen, the sandpile and the wading pool.  Atavera did the floor blanket.

Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2006 October 29, 04:04:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ain't no big thing for me. The nannies already pee on the sidewalk in my game.

Hehe, not when you are Hygiene-manic, and all your sims are with 8-9 Hygiene points. They clean the toilets even after the maid finishes the work. OMG - I would never hire a nanny that pees on the side walks...Smiley
KatEnigma
Axe Murderer
Souped!

ENFJ

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2006 October 29, 07:00:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As long as you don't want the dog to have a job- or at least until s/he's marked a new spot to go, you can lock all but one door to the outside to prevent pets from using them, and then on the one where they can use it (in my case, the kitchen door) fence in a dog run area attached to it. Then after they've marked someplace new, you can unlock the doors. A housebroken dog should mark a new spot, I would think, if they can't get to the sidewalk, rather than go inside... Okay, this is EA so it might not work on a dog who's already chosen the sidewalk LOL But you may want to consider it for future dogs.  Cheesy

"There is a tragic flaw in our precious Constitution, and I don't know what can be done to fix it. This is it: Only nut cases want to be president."

- Kurt Vonnegut
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: