More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 01, 21:58:31

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  missing NL content with pets?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: missing NL content with pets?  (Read 3740 times)
verdaeni
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
missing NL content with pets?
« on: 2006 October 30, 06:37:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i just loaded pets.  im playing the new family, roselynd or something.   some guy calls up on a random invite for a group outing and i take it.  we arrive at the bowling club and there is no 'date'  meter.  now i only played so much with the date/outings, but im pretty sure there was a datemeter with the outings, and if you did good, then more people called you up for outings.   the only hacks i have running right now are maty.   so... i should have the meter, right?  is anyone else having this problem?  i checked hack compatibility but i could have left an old one in or something.

Life is tough.
Life is Tougher if you act STUPID.
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
Re: missing NL content with pets?
« Reply #1 on: 2006 October 30, 06:41:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You don't always get the outing meter.  Sometimes you get called up for an outing with no meter.  At least in my game (all EPs except Pets)

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
verdaeni
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 October 30, 06:47:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ah...  thanks.    okay then if i ask someone out on a date i should get the meter for sure, right?

Life is tough.
Life is Tougher if you act STUPID.
Sketch Elder
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 October 30, 12:02:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I get the Outing meter for all my outings but I start them myself. I haven't accepted any invitations with Pets installed.
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 October 30, 12:14:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Since installing pets I've had one scored outing and one unscored one.
I don't like the unscored ones.  I don't quite see the point.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
Persephone
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 October 30, 12:34:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i just loaded pets.  im playing the new family, roselynd or something.   some guy calls up on a random invite for a group outing and i take it.  we arrive at the bowling club and there is no 'date'  meter.  now i only played so much with the date/outings, but im pretty sure there was a datemeter with the outings, and if you did good, then more people called you up for outings.   the only hacks i have running right now are maty.   so... i should have the meter, right?  is anyone else having this problem?  i checked hack compatibility but i could have left an old one in or something.

When they call and ask you out its never a "scored" outing.  There's two kinds.  Try doing the asking and you'll see what I mean.
V
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 October 30, 12:51:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sometimes they call and ask if you would like to go on an Outing downtown. Other times they call and ask if you would like to meet downtown. The magic meter word is "Outing". If they don't say "Outing" then there will not be a meter.

I am pretty sure that I have been on at least one Outing since installing Pets and the meter ran just fine. With the way cars and taxis work now, I found I could have someone on the outing that is not part of the casual group. If I was playing the sim who was not part of the group the meter disappears and when I switch back to the other sim the meter is right there where it is supposed to be. That is as it should be.

I want people to stop saying, "Son of a bitch". Instead we should say "Son of an ASS" because that is more accurate. Spread the word!

Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 October 30, 14:20:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sometimes they call and ask if you would like to go on an Outing downtown. Other times they call and ask if you would like to meet downtown. The magic meter word is "Outing". If they don't say "Outing" then there will not be a meter.

Thanks for that clarification.  I never read carefully enough, but I figured there would be a difference in wording.  Next time I'm invited out I'll make sure it's an actual outing.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 October 30, 15:30:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

"Just for fun" is unscored, but I don't think you can tell which kind of invitation it is from the phone.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: