More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 25, 22:34:13

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Automatic NPC/Townie creator?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Automatic NPC/Townie creator?  (Read 3599 times)
EntropyGuardian
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Automatic NPC/Townie creator?
« on: 2006 October 27, 07:16:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Basically, is there a way to do this with a program or tool or something? I've done it about three times and I would like to dump this neighborhood and create another one and not go through 100 clicks on the damn Tree of Life again.

Any help is appreciated.
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
Re: Automatic NPC/Townie creator?
« Reply #1 on: 2006 October 27, 07:47:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do not use the delete all characters cheat, and you can use the townie tree or mailbox cheat.

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,5861.0.html

Certified for OFB,FFS,GLS -- not personally tested in other installs.
EntropyGuardian
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 October 27, 07:58:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Will this method create the "special" downtownies automatically?
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 October 27, 08:02:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nothing is done automatically, it's all about choice. You can chose to generate a set of downtownies, or skip that and use your CAS sims instead.

I wouldn't bother making NPCs, the game will generate them as needed anyway. It is likely you will never need the social worker, repoman, or social bunny, so there's no point in creating them. If you must have NPCs, make one or two of each type using the age/gender/skintone settings of your liking.
EntropyGuardian
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 October 27, 08:14:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

By "special" downtownies I meant the two rich Downtownies Mr. Big and... Miss Big , the two poor slobby sims, and the four Vampire Count(essas). Are they including in the set of downtownies the tree creates, or do they have to be spawned independently (like in the tutorial I linked) of the mass batch spawn?

Also, I renamed the folder, and created the custom neighborhood. I only have one neighborhood, and the folder My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Neighborhoods\N001\Characters has 66 files in it already before I have created any sub-neighborhoods. I assume this is wrong, as you said as much in the other thread. I know I didn't mess anything up to that point, though. Does that have something to do with Pets?
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 October 27, 08:22:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, those are not included. Mr Big/Diva, the Slobs and the vampires are under "Special Townies". I mention them under 5).

Pets may indeed add 66 Pet files. As yet I don't know a good way to avoid this other than manual cleaning, likely we'll need an empty template for P001 to avoid Pet spam.
EntropyGuardian
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 October 27, 08:29:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can I safely just delete those character files by hand without breaking anything?

This is why I was wondering if there was some sort of hack or program that got rid of all the default characters and created a bunch of random ones. So I didn't have to do this again. Smiley
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 October 27, 08:33:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well you can avoid all the default townies by renaming N001, and all downtownies by renaming D001. Uni students and profs (apparently) by renaming U001. A custom shopping district does not seem to add new characters at creation, so no need to rename B001. Logically you would think you can avoid pet spam by renaming P001, but this has crashed someone's game. I haven't tested Pets myself yet so I am not sure.

You can delete all character files, and then also all SDNA, SDSC, and relationships. This *should* fully clean it.

But as stated elsewhere, I don't use this method. I just add empty templates to my custom 'hoods, and since I don't really play with Pets yet the default Pets don't bother me much. I guess making an empty P001 template is the best solution for the pet spam.
EntropyGuardian
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 October 27, 08:46:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I renamed the N001 folder, the D001 folder, and the U001 folder. I left the B001 folder alone, and renamed P001. I created a neighborhood and it didn't crash in the place the other guy did, but I still have N001_User00000.package through N001_User00066.package in my characters folder. I will delete these files and hope for the best.

Thanks for your help.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: