More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 01:23:36

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Adopted old dogs die immediately upon adoption?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Adopted old dogs die immediately upon adoption?  (Read 9079 times)
weiwuwei
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Adopted old dogs die immediately upon adoption?
« on: 2006 October 26, 17:51:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Apparently this one's too tough for the SimsResource crowd, cuz no one has replied to this over there: I created a dog in CAS, made her in the elder lifestage, gave to one sim, had him give up for adoption, then adopted her into the target family (all within the first day---the first sim had her for 2 minutes). Upon arriving, her lifespan says "sim is 0 days old" and there is no progress of the days across her last lifespan. However, before anyone even has a chance to pet her, they start crying because the grim reaper comes to take her away, and her lifespan is suddenly completely filled/progressed. HuhHuh I've tried it a couple of times to be sure it's not some random variable, and it's not. Anyone else get this?  Anyone able to adopt an old dog and have them not die right away?
idtaminger
Lipless Loser

View Profile
Re: Adopted old dogs die immediately upon adoption?
« Reply #1 on: 2006 October 26, 18:14:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe you could reset their age immediately after adopting, using a hack/cheat of some sort.
twojeffs
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2006 October 26, 19:15:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do you by chance play with testing cheats enabled? I think I found the cause of this problem and need to know if I'm on the right track.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 October 26, 19:23:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Such talk is probably too scary and adult for the TSR crowd.  Roll Eyes

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
Scotty
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2006 October 26, 20:01:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Such talk is probably too scary and adult for the TSR crowd.  Roll Eyes

Yes, unless you are wearing your handy dandy patented Sheep Suit, with optional Rose Colored Glasses they will ignore you.

Come visit us at the Gay Sims Club 2.

http://gaysimsclub2.net

I'm a Gay Pirate! Arrr!
weiwuwei
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 October 27, 00:58:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do you by chance play with testing cheats enabled? I think I found the cause of this problem and need to know if I'm on the right track.

No, not the "boolpropyadayada" ones, just the occasional "move_objects on" which I always turn back off immediately, cuz I've had it crash from that before (I think).  Besides that, no cheats or hacks that aren't from this site and Pets approved. 

Earlier today I tried it again, after having applied the pets service call and job fixes from here, which I'm not saying fixed it or anything, but that's the only thing that's changed, and with two new families and 2 new elder dogs, things went fine----however, in one family the dog's elder lifestage says "Elder is 0 days old" and in the other family, it says "Elder is 24 days old", both being at the same place in the elder lifestage progress.  So it's both random and inconsistant.  I can't go back to the original family and lot that it happened on, because I just gave them an adult dog and went on with it, but the house it happened in was completely unfurnished except a phone, no recolors used and they had only lived there for about 10 minutes (I was creating memories for a real-life family recreation), so there wasn't anything fishy about the lot or family.  And I have all EPs and Stuff Packs (thanks MIRC---$20 for a stuff pack ain't worth it).
twojeffs
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2006 October 27, 04:15:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok, thanks for the info. I've been testing my original suspect and it doesn't seem to be the cause, although I'm sure I'm in the right area of the code. Still on the hunt though.
amjoie
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 October 27, 05:01:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Adult dogs right out of CAS are also turning elder immediately upon being adopted. So it may just be a percentage that age into the next age category type of thing, rather than only affecting elders ... Just a thought.

For every King, there is a Queen ....
miros
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 October 27, 07:10:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That would be silly -- when you adopt an Infant, Toddler or Child, they're always at the bottom of their age range.
Karen
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 October 27, 10:21:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Adult dogs right out of CAS are also turning elder immediately upon being adopted.

Not just dogs.  When it happened to me, it was with an adult cat created in CAP.  My first, as it happens.  All the pets I've created in CAP since then have been fine.  I wonder if it's a question of something not being initialized properly, if you create the pet before you randomize in CAS for the first time, or something like that.  Has anybody seen this problem with pets that were NOT the very first one created in CAP?

I made an attempt to turn my kitty into an actual elder, but it didn't work.  Playing around with the tombstone of L&D, I managed somehow to turn her into a kitten (that also showed 1 day left in the lifestage).  The weird thing is, the cat started out as a tabby (sort of orange-colored) and at the kitten stage she was all black.  At that point I decided to let the pet adoption service take her.

Karen
amjoie
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 October 27, 12:24:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, how interesting. I wonder if regressing her age stripped her of layers. Hmmm -- that could be a big problem, if true. It might happen if artificially aged ahead, too. Well, no point in wondering. Modders wills soon discover it, if that's the case ....

For every King, there is a Queen ....
weiwuwei
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 October 29, 01:21:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When it happened to me, it was with an adult cat created in CAP.  My first, as it happens.  All the pets I've created in CAP since then have been fine.  I wonder if it's a question of something not being initialized properly, if you create the pet before you randomize in CAS for the first time, or something like that.  Has anybody seen this problem with pets that were NOT the very first one created in CAP?

Well, yes and no.  This wasn't the first dog I made in CAS, but it was the first Elder dog I had made, but not the first dog I had a sim adopt.  The "adult" dog I made as an alternative was fine, and didn't age improperly (which I was hoping it would to solve the age problem).  It's got to be something about the dogs themselves, or at least not about the sim family or the lot or any objects, because the same family adopted another dog fine, lived on a lot with nothing but walls and a roof, and had nothing but a phone.  Craziness.
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 October 29, 07:30:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't Know I think its something screwy with the whole adopt a pet thing as I created a Black  Lab in CAP he didnt get along with the original family's female lab so  I had them adopt him out  he arrived at the new home 2 days from elder after leaving the old one as a adult dog at the beginning of his life span

I have joined the ranks of many herre and have been banned from Brynnes forum.I must say the pleasure is all mine in having been banned from there .Self absorbed bragging is tiring  after awhile.
Karen
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 October 29, 11:13:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's got to be something about the dogs themselves, or at least not about the sim family or the lot or any objects

I agree.  Yesterday I downloaded the QA version of SimPE for Pets.  I checked my problem cat.  The lifestage said "unknown" - not baby, adult, or elder, just "unknown".  All my other pets showed the correct lifestage.  I think this is the cause of the aging problems, but why it got set to unknown in the first place, I have no idea.

Karen

jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 November 26, 03:30:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did something come of this?
Like amjoie and karen I too noticed any CAS Pet immediately ages. I created a new Pet in CAS, saved it as a new family, and quit. The new Pet showed with 0 days left in his lifestage.
miros
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006 November 26, 16:42:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't Know I think its something screwy with the whole adopt a pet thing as I created a Black  Lab in CAP he didnt get along with the original family's female lab so  I had them adopt him out  he arrived at the new home 2 days from elder after leaving the old one as a adult dog at the beginning of his life span

Life at the pound is hard.  Very hard.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2006 November 26, 17:45:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have never observed adopted or created pets instantly aging. I blame the non-awesome.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Karen
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2006 November 26, 18:07:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I too noticed any CAS Pet immediately ages.

I never said it happened *every* time.  I have seen this exactly once, and it was with the very first pet I created in CAP.  All others created since then have been fine.  Take a look at your pet's stats in SimPE.  If the lifestage in SimPE shows as "Unknown", you'll get this problem.
Dea
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2006 November 27, 06:55:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have never observed adopted or created pets instantly aging. I blame the non-awesome.

I havent had that problem either.  Why does everyone get the big glitches and bugs but I dont?

edit:  Ok I have had one...

ISFJ
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2006 November 27, 09:16:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The only "non-awesome" in the game at that point were twojeffs' mods. So if this is caused by something "non-awesome" it might be TJ's age fixes.

Lifestage was not ‘unknown’, it was ‘adult’ with 0 days left. Several of the pregenerated Pets also have dodgy entries here, I'm in the process of SimPE-fixing them.

So unless this is caused by FFS or TJ mod, it is just another EAMaxis bug that maybe just not fires all the time.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2006 November 27, 09:58:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Age tweaking could potentially act weird, so who knows?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
miros
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2006 November 27, 10:00:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do they die the second you adopt them, or do you have time to send them to the special food bowl?
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2006 November 27, 11:22:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They age at 11:00h (normal time for Pet aging). I suppose the food bowl would work, for now I use SimPE on CAS pets, and since I still have to drain the adoption pool those Pets are fixed.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2006 November 27, 11:52:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I hope you have norespawn, because the adoption pool cannot be drained without it. Also, the adoption pool bottoms out at 1 dog, 1 cat, so don't try to drain below that point or they'll just respawn the next time you call. You can get it as low as 1 animal if you adopt the last dog or cat and don't call back.

jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2006 November 27, 12:44:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Would that be no stray respawn? I have left it in. I don't use the no townie/dormie regen hacks though.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: