More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 00:52:44

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Maternity Pay
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Maternity Pay  (Read 5077 times)
TrueLou
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Maternity Pay
« on: 2006 October 26, 15:30:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Something I noticed today. Sim gets pregnant, has 1st bump at midnight, due at work at 9am. Get the usual '3 days off' message, my sim owns a car so at 8am no 'Brittany needs to be at work' message. So far, all normal. Then at 2pm (maternity pay usually kicks in 1 hour before usual return time so I believe), no kaching !! Rest of the day, no kaching !! Where's my baby pay !!! So next day I send her to work at 8am (don't believe this was possible before Pets EP, please tell me if I'm wrong), when she goes to work she has a 'Stay home from work' want, at 2pm, while she's at work that want is satisfied !! Even though she's at work !!

I suppose I should be used to this twisted logic from EP's by now, but just a warning to you all, until there's a fix send your pregnant sims to work !! Surely this is illegal !!
KatEnigma
Axe Murderer
Souped!

ENFJ

View Profile
Re: Maternity Pay
« Reply #1 on: 2006 October 26, 15:32:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Check your hacks, because I know my Sim received Maternity pay, as usual, and I haven't noticed the option to send them to work.

"There is a tragic flaw in our precious Constitution, and I don't know what can be done to fix it. This is it: Only nut cases want to be president."

- Kurt Vonnegut
Countess
eamethyst
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 October 26, 16:32:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been able to send pregnant sims to work, if they own their own car, since OFB.  It seems to me they would then actually receive 2 times the pay, the maternity leave and their regular salary.  Once or twice I did this to allow a pregnant sim to get that PermaPlat inducing final promotion.  I restarted my game after installing Pets and haven't had any pregnant sims since.
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 October 26, 21:33:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

One thing about sending pregnant sims to work in cars - they don't change clothes.  I've had a pregnant sim go off to work in her underwear!

I've also had the get paid twice thing - receiving normal maternity pay and the pay for going to work that day as well.

Countess
eamethyst
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 October 26, 22:00:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I actually discovered this when I was playing Pleasantview and Nina (Caliente) Lothario popped just as her carpool pulled up at the curb.  It times just right that she got the Go to Work in her que before the maternity leave message could squash it.  The next day I decided to try sending her and it worked.  Luckily mine have always been wearing clothes when they left.
miros
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 October 26, 22:34:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I do my best to get the pregger Sims to go to work so they'll get more time off with the baby/toddler.

Yes, they don't change for work.  No, mine have never been double paid.
Assmitten
Whiny Wussy

Poop poop

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 October 27, 01:17:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is that "stay home from work" want new? I swear I've never seen that.

<notovny> Aww, yeah, WOODBEAST.
<kutto> Keep it in your pants, notovny.
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 October 27, 02:50:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No messages pop up, but you get the money being added/subtracted sound and you'll see the numbers floating in the air if you are lucky.
Faizah
Lipless Loser

INFP/INTJ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 2006 October 27, 08:06:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It seems to get paid about an hour before their scheduled quitting time. (So for a 9-5 job, they'd get the maternity pay at 4, I think) I may be wrong, I don't tend to pay much attention to that either.

My sims have always gotten it, even on days that they aren't actually scheduled to work. Haven't noticed whether they get double pay if I actually send them to work, but I only found out I could send them in their cars a couple of months ago. (Even when OFB first came out, I only gave them cars as another place to woohoo, or a way to get to work on that first day if they 'missed' the carpool)

GayJohnScarritt
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 October 27, 08:14:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've seen the 'Used a day of vacation' notice and the 'kaching' one hour before quitting time, tho i'm not sure if the notice is given on days they would normally be off.   I'll have to start paying more attention.   Also, i'll have to try sending my pregnant sims in to work 2 hours before scheduled quitting time, especially those who need the promotion.  That seems to be the best time to still get a days pay/promotion without undue motive decay, any later or much earlier, and they get the 'late for work' notice/hit.
   I'm currently at the start of my Royal Challenge 3rd gen baby explosion, so i have plenty of pregnant sims to test this on.

[11:18] Pescado: GJS manages to appear smart and knowledgeable, even though he wasn't really..

Myers-Briggs: - ISFP       Awesome NS2 -  DOOOO EEEET!

[23:56] Pescado: ATTACK, MY DUCKY MINIONS!
GayJohnScarritt
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 October 29, 13:19:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, i ran a test with a Gay Male Couple, both pregnant.  One day, i sent one into work, waited till 2 hours till end of shift and got the notice he was late.   He used a days vac, got paid for a days vac, got his regular pay but did not get a promotion (tho he had all qualifications for promotion).  It was that 'late for work' that stopped him.
   Next day, i sent both pregnant guys into work for a full shift.  They both lost a day's vac but neither got paid for that vac day.  Both returned with regular pay plus promotions.
   I never saw a notice that that first guy 'Used A Day's Vaction'
   One wierd thing, the 2nd day, i tried to have them carpool in their own car, but the 'carpool to work' dropped out of the guy who didn't 'own' that car.  Ended up getting a 2nd car so he could go to work pregnant.
   Only benefit i can see, is if the sim is needing that promotion, then it's worthwhile to send a pregnant sim to work. Iit would also depend on when they are due to have the baby amd how long their shift is, not sure what would happen if they came home dead-tired and it was past time to give birth.  One of my sims gave birth 3 hours after getting home from work.
   True, i know 2 sims over a 2 day period doesn't qualify as a real test, but it was good enough to ease my mind.   Smiley

[11:18] Pescado: GJS manages to appear smart and knowledgeable, even though he wasn't really..

Myers-Briggs: - ISFP       Awesome NS2 -  DOOOO EEEET!

[23:56] Pescado: ATTACK, MY DUCKY MINIONS!
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 October 29, 13:25:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Only benefit i can see, is if the sim is needing that promotion, then it's worthwhile to send a pregnant sim to work. Iit would also depend on when they are due to have the baby amd how long their shift is, not sure what would happen if they came home dead-tired and it was past time to give birth.  One of my sims gave birth 3 hours after getting home from work.
It's ALWAYS worthwhile, if only to get their fat, bloated, waddly useless asses out of your sight!

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
kewian
Great White Whale
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 October 29, 13:39:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What an enlightening point of view.  Tongue

Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 October 29, 14:23:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What an enlightening point of view.  Tongue

And you were expecting...?

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 October 29, 14:26:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If the sim is going to give birth while at work, they do get a pop up saying they are too pregnant and need to stay home.  Only ever seen it happen once.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: