More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 23, 16:27:36

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Dog house appeal and ghosts keeping my dog up
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Dog house appeal and ghosts keeping my dog up  (Read 2033 times)
MaayaBee
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Dog house appeal and ghosts keeping my dog up
« on: 2006 October 27, 01:24:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My 5th generation legacy family adopted Moody the dog and I' m mystified as to why he constantly sleeps on the floor when I bought him a $1500 dog house.

So, I was wondering if all dogs are like this or this is related to their personality or learned behaviour. I've noticed in other houses too that the dog will barely ever go inside the dog house. They mostly sleep on the floor, sometimes lie in the dog bed, but they rarely go inside the dog house.

Also, has anyone else notice that pets can hear ghost complaints? Poor Moody sleeps outside and is always kept awake at night by dead legacy ancestors.

Unfortunately, I can't move him indoors because the legacy family's single wide trailer doesn't have enough space for a pet bed.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Dog house appeal and ghosts keeping my dog up
« Reply #1 on: 2006 October 27, 01:34:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My 5th generation legacy family adopted Moody the dog and I' m mystified as to why he constantly sleeps on the floor when I bought him a $1500 dog house.

So, I was wondering if all dogs are like this or this is related to their personality or learned behaviour. I've noticed in other houses too that the dog will barely ever go inside the dog house. They mostly sleep on the floor, sometimes lie in the dog bed, but they rarely go inside the dog house.
Real dogs do this also. You can praise animals for not-getting-on-the-furniture and not-using-your-sim-bed, but whether it decides to sleep on the floor, or on its pet-furniture, is up to it. There's no particularly way to specifically encourage the use of a dog-bed over the use of the floor. Make sure your hallways are wide enough that a sleeping animal won't cause a blockage. Tongue

Also, has anyone else notice that pets can hear ghost complaints? Poor Moody sleeps outside and is always kept awake at night by dead legacy ancestors.
Makes sense to me. It's widely believed animals are more sensitive to ghosts. Also, ghost screaming wakes EVERYONE in the room. It's just that your sims don't tend to sleep outside.

Unfortunately, I can't move him indoors because the legacy family's single wide trailer doesn't have enough space for a pet bed.
If you don't provide a pet bed, the dog will happily sleep on the floor. In fact, I wouldn't really worry about this at all, the dog will just sleep whenever and whereever it feels like anyway.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: