More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 30, 12:58:35

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Pet Adoption = Rich Sims Only
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Pet Adoption = Rich Sims Only  (Read 13635 times)
neriana
Souped!

Donatello

View Profile
Re: Pet Adoption = Rich Sims Only
« Reply #25 on: 2006 October 26, 16:20:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The thing that bugged me most about the shelter was that fully half of the dogs there (and there were A LOT) were pit bulls or pit bull mixes.  Idiot owners who got the dogs for entirely the wrong reasons and either ended up giving the animals to the shelter because they couldn't handle them or were confiscated from owners who were abusing them.  Makes me sick.  It's not the poor dogs' fault. 

Yes, and it's really sad. Pit bulls need an assertive, calm, dog-savvy leader because they are strong and smart, but they are not naturally aggressive. It's just that they get adopted by idiots so often, that leads to them being untrained, therefore aggressive, and an untrained, uncontrolled pitbull can do a lot more damage than an untrained, uncontrolled toy poodle -- of which there are plenty too Tongue.

I've experiments to run, there is research to be done on the people who are still alive.
Surelyfunke
Bearded Bigamist
Querulous Quidnunc

Beard is yours for $2.50 at Rose Sims!

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2006 October 26, 16:52:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The way I see it is this: if you are whining about the cost of adopting a pet, it is likely that you are adopting for the wrong reasons. If you are whining about not being able to return a pet because you didn't like it after you bought it, it is likely you are adopting for the wrong reasons. If you are at all making comparisons to purchasing inanimate objects or disposable commodities, it is likely you are adopting for the wrong reasons. Please don't adopt - it is likely you'd make a terrible pet owner.

idtaminger
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2006 October 26, 18:06:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wow. Here come the sweeping condemnations! Roll Eyes
Li'l Brudder
The Quitter
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2006 October 26, 19:56:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Surely has a point though.

If you think it costs too much, don't buy it.
MistyBlue
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2006 October 26, 20:14:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My problem is that more older pets would be adopted if the prices weren't so high. The shelter I adopted all of my cats from charges $120 for kittens, $100 for cats, $150 for puppies, and $130 for dogs. I adopted my cat when she was 6yrs old. She was an abuse case and the lady told me that she was on her last day in the showroom (meaning if she didn't get adopted that day she would be euthanized). Of course I snatched her up in a heartbeat, but how many would? It's not likely that people will buy the old cat when there are 3 or 4 kittens in the showroom. I still cry when I think about my childhood cat that I had to give up. She was probably eutanized because no one wants to spend $100 on a cat that is 10yrs old.
idtaminger
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2006 October 26, 21:24:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Surely has a point though.

If you think it costs too much, don't buy it.

Yea, but the comparing animals to inanimate objects point was stupid. Like, what else are you going to compare them to for an analogy about purchasing? Slaves? Everything else we pay money for IS inanimate.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2006 October 26, 21:27:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Even by simstandard, $3650 is dirt-cheap. I mean, we buy our sims $8000 TVs they never use just to shut them up. Servos run for about $50000 in my neighborhood. Even Eau de Brynne, which is totally useless, is $10000. $3650 for a dog is nothing.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: