More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 20:34:12

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  Peasantry
| | |-+  Testers Wanted: Pets Custom Content Updater Program!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Testers Wanted: Pets Custom Content Updater Program!  (Read 85307 times)
pioupiou
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
Re: Testers Wanted: Pets Custom Content Updater Program!
« Reply #50 on: 2006 October 30, 10:30:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

so lounger and recliner are both under the same category in the game ? I'm a little lost....
Thanks for your answers. Pioupiou
jfade
Obtuse Oaf

Esteemed Senator Emeritus

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: 2006 October 30, 13:01:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Both lounger and recliner appear in the Miscellaneous category in the game. The recliners, for example, look like regular living chairs until they sit in them, then it leans back and piece from beneath comes out to let the Sim stretch his legs out.

A lounger is a chair that's like that all the time, the sim can lay out on it and nap and such. Here are some pictures:

http://www.djssims.com/index.php?id=186 - That's a lounger
http://www.djssims.com/index.php?id=92 - That's a recliner, despite what the category says. Tongue

Glad to hear it's finally working on TVs! Smiley I'm going to probably add a mini help system to the program under the about page (so I won't have to deal with all the "OMG Where are the tubs!!111oneoneone" questions. Tongue

Thanks again everyone! Cheesy

Nifty Sims hacks and programs at: DJS Sims
jfade
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: 2006 October 31, 03:37:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just updated the first post with the links to the final program. Smiley

Thanks again for testing everyone, I really appreciate it. Cheesy

Giggy
Stupid Schlemiel

ISTJ

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 2006 October 31, 03:49:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Cheesy Wow, great update. even for n00bs they would easily use the program and I see that its full release. good!

<Annan> Kofi is such an ass. She never responds when I try to be nice.

*Ella whine*
<Kiki> of course I give you shit...I can't stand you. I think you're an abortion 23 years too late.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 2006 October 31, 13:35:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just updated the first post with the links to the final program. Smiley

Thanks again for testing everyone, I really appreciate it. Cheesy

Love the program, but I have a quick question -- I don't see a setting for love seats, so I assume they should be set as sofas?

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
miros
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 2006 October 31, 13:51:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, that's where they show up in the game.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 2006 October 31, 13:59:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Love the program, but I have a quick question -- I don't see a setting for love seats, so I assume they should be set as sofas?

I wonder if it makes a difference though, if they are two or 3 tiled. And then there's the modular sofas which start out 1 tile but can be any size. I know the program differentiates between 1 and 2 tiled TVs.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
jfade
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: 2006 October 31, 21:54:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Loveseats should be the same as sofas. I'm pretty sure when gathering things that I looked and they were the same, but I'll double check to be sure. Now that you mention it, I think sectional sofas are different though and I don't know why I didn't think to include them.

I'll check some things and be sure to add/update anything if need be later on tonight. Smiley

Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 2006 November 01, 00:54:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Speaking of sectionals, I don't think those NL restaurant booth sectionals are pets enabled either. Duh MaxisEA.  Tongue

The NL plastic looking sofa sectional is though, so you can look at that one if you need to check if it's different.

Qwiggles
Corpulent Cretin

We are all just monkeys...

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 2006 November 02, 03:14:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I see on the Downloads page there are 2 people who mentioned problems with having numbers in the resource tree and objects not showing up in the game.  I'm definitely getting both of those symptoms.  So what did we do wrong?  How are you all getting this to work?   Huh

Mooooo
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: 2006 November 02, 03:27:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

jfade,

I did a bunch of updating with this today, and it apparently corrupted a couple of files that it was updating.  I found this out because my game crashed on loading, and when I ran the Clean Installer to check out the files, it said it couldn't load about 5 of them.  All 5 were files I updated.  Replacing them with backups solved the crash problem.

Unfortunately, I didn't think to save one of the corrupted files to send to you to see what was happening.  I'll do so if it happens again, though.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 2006 November 02, 03:37:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Qwiggles: I didn't do anything special, it just worked except for the TV which jfade eventually fixed to get working. I didn't try as many items as jsalemi did though.

jsalemi: For these objects that got corrupted did you try re-running it again and to see if it worked on a second try? I wonder if it's something specific about those objects or they just randomly got corrupted.

jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 2006 November 02, 13:02:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

jsalemi: For these objects that got corrupted did you try re-running it again and to see if it worked on a second try? I wonder if it's something specific about those objects or they just randomly got corrupted.

No, I didn't, since I was really concentrating on tracking down another problem. But they were pretty random -- a couple were from 4ESF (a lounge chair, an outdoor chair, and an outdoor lounge), and the others were just various furniture items from different modders.

Though come to think of it now, I think they were all living chairs or lounges of some type.  I don't recall having corruption problems with beds, sofas, dining chairs, or bookcases. Maybe that helps...

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
MutantBunny
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 2006 November 02, 20:14:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I want this program to work!

Me too. I had some issues with it. Here's what I saw:

I edited a chair. It was smooth and easy. BUT afterwards i wanted to compare the start and end product so I opend them both. The edited version was all numbers Ox975844 type while, we all know, I should have seen object data and GMDC and text lists and Catalogue string and names like that in the resource window. I have no idea what I did wrong or how I could have possibly done ANYTHING wrong. but maybe?

I did not try this file out in game. It might have worked ok. But, I have no interest in converting all my files to ...things I can't read cuz I edit mine a lot--chaning price and catalogue location and text etc.

Motoki, have you opened a file that you've edited and you know works? Can you tell us what yours looked like?
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 2006 November 02, 21:15:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The ones I did, which worked, looked almost identical except for some pie menu stuff.

MutantBunny
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 2006 November 02, 21:46:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Identical as in it didn't change everything to numbers? I wonder if the chair I did was 'overpriced' and when I selected Expensive chair it was really a cheap chair and there was something in that that made the change...?

Side note: have you messed with pet heights yet? I'm on a quest to make a Great Dane Smiley. I have changed two cats heights, one with collar one without, but both changes resulted in slight weirdness: a thing liking almost like a leash extending for their necks (with or without collar) and some chin deformity. So, simple chang ein the stretch value won't work, damn it. Sad  and it seriously warps out animations, much more so than the stretchskeleton on a sim. I think a whole mesh will have to be made, like for the muscle man and jsut live with the weird animations. Way to go Maxis, I mean EA.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 2006 November 02, 21:49:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well one of the ones I tried was the Maxis chair by MaxoidMonkey and the other was the 1 tile Merrokan by Windkeeper (I believe it's on MTS2) if you want to try them. I set them both moderate.

Qwiggles
Corpulent Cretin

We are all just monkeys...

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 2006 November 02, 23:35:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I tried a chair and a loveseat (as sofa) and set them for moderate.  The program said change was a success and then when I went in the game, couldn't find them.  I used SW's Object Categorizer and they weren't showing up either.  I've since replaced the files with my backups but I'm hesitant to do any more objects.

Hope we can figure it out...

Mooooo
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 2006 November 02, 23:37:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What version are you guys using?

It doesn't hurt to run it on other objects as long as you make backups. The most you waste is time, but if you yank all your other downloads out the game should load really fast if you're just testing. Also, you can check out the contents of the package file in SimPE and if it looks funky you might be able to tell (ie missing resources).

LoveStainedHeart
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 2006 November 02, 23:56:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just discovered a jump bug in my game with a custom TV I updated. When a sim is watching tv and the dog goes to join both dog and sim jump and watch tv drops out of cue. Error log is attatched.
« Last Edit: 2006 November 03, 00:24:13 by J. M. Pescado » Logged
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 2006 November 03, 00:24:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Known slottage issue, I recall. I think it was corrected in an update.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 2006 November 03, 00:59:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, I just figured out why you guys were having issues and I wasn't. I was using his test version 1.4 that was previously attached to this thread, but he put up a different version on the website and I think something's wrong with it. Maybe he put up the wrong version?

LoveStainedHeart
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 2006 November 03, 01:07:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Known slottage issue, I recall. I think it was corrected in an update.

My thoughts too, but wasn't sure. I'll try updating it again with the new version and see if that fixes it. Thanks
jfade
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile WWW
« Reply #73 on: 2006 November 03, 04:18:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm looking into this now to see what I broke, and I should have a fix for this tomorrow! Smiley

Thanks for the reports and being so patient. Smiley

MutantBunny
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: 2006 November 03, 16:10:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No No No, Thank YOU for making it and sharing it! (*drools on self while bowing and scraping in thankfulness*)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: