More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 27, 15:50:24

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  2006 Holiday Pack
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: 2006 Holiday Pack  (Read 25099 times)
Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
Re: 2006 Holiday Pack
« Reply #25 on: 2006 October 24, 21:00:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Look, it's bound to break all the CC again just as we got it all fixed up for Pets!  Just Say NO!

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
nectere
Heretic
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2006 October 24, 21:02:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

and more importantly bork up SIMPE progress!
BastDawn
Retarded Reprobate

I'll stop by to read Awesomeland once in a while.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: 2006 October 24, 21:05:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for the link, Havelock.  Some of the outfits aren't too bad, "holiday" themed or not.  Unfortunately, it doesn't look like the textures could be stripped off and applied to an existing mesh very well... I did that with the Glamour Life Egyptian-style dress, but that wouldn't work with the kimono or the sari as the meshes are too unique.  The Chinese dress would look good in short sleeves on the dragon dress from the base game, so maybe I'll do that after it's released and I can get someone to export the texture for me.

Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2006 October 24, 21:15:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I agree the clothing does seem to be the nicest thing about it. Maybe they could be extracted so they could be used without having to install the pack and update the EXE. People did that with the long beards.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
nectere
Heretic
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2006 October 24, 21:21:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

what do you want to bet they have some sort of wonky new bone assignment, thats not related to anything prior. I still cant use Glamour clothing meshes, even ones extracted from the game for those without Glamour. sneaky...
mdrturner
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2006 October 25, 07:50:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

UK Pre-orders: £9.99:

http://shop.gameplay.co.uk/webstore/productpage.asp?productcode=RM03006&title=the_sims_2_festive_holiday_stuff_expansion

Exclusive "Blizzardous Biosphere" for those that do pre-order.

If I install this when I already have the Christmas Party Pack installed am I going to run into problems?

Stealing someone's ideas is plagiarism ......   Stealing everyones ideas is research.
Giggy
Stupid Schlemiel

ISTJ

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2006 October 25, 08:00:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sad a mini pack , great but I'm going to be so  Angry when I get to see how much I have to pay for 20 or so items!
I wish maxisEA would just give us folks with HPP with a patch with the items in there and you have to have either the holiday pack or the holiday edition!
honestly, not a good move, its like buying the pack but its about $50 dollars!  Angry

<Annan> Kofi is such an ass. She never responds when I try to be nice.

*Ella whine*
<Kiki> of course I give you shit...I can't stand you. I think you're an abortion 23 years too late.
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2006 October 25, 08:17:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If I install this when I already have the Christmas Party Pack installed am I going to run into problems?

Who knows? If Maxis is going for the "full" SP approach, you'll end up with the new pack in objects.package, and the old items in the catalog bin, so you'll have duplicates.
Or their installer might put the new stuff in objects.package as per the SP method, and install the old items in the catalog bin, overwriting the "old" holiday pack.
No way to tell what they're going to do.

I wonder if they'll even bother to fix the christmas/newyears party phone interactions, or if we'll have to depend on the Pets override still...
Giggy
Stupid Schlemiel

ISTJ

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2006 October 25, 08:30:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've never got the prob. what was it again?

<Annan> Kofi is such an ass. She never responds when I try to be nice.

*Ella whine*
<Kiki> of course I give you shit...I can't stand you. I think you're an abortion 23 years too late.
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2006 October 25, 08:47:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For some obscure reason Maxis moved all the phone related stuff to new BHAVs, so all existing phone plugins must be updated for it. Since the old Holiday pack was only partially installed in objects.package (most of it is in \TS2\TSdata\Res\Catalog\Bins\H05.bundle.package) patches and new XPs don't update it, so Maxis placed an override file in Pets to fix it.
Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: 2006 October 25, 08:49:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For some obscure reason Maxis moved all the phone related stuff to new BHAVs

WAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!  Boohoooo Sad   I think they're playing with us...

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2006 October 25, 09:03:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, now that I look at it again, you're absolutely right. How lame.

Damn, I just got duped by EA's trick marketing.  Tongue
LIES AND PROPAGANDA!

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
idtaminger
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2006 October 25, 13:05:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have to say I think the Chinese stuff is kind of bizarre. It's too late for a "Fall Festival" and too early for Chinese New Year. And besides I don't think people are buying a Christmas pack for Chinese clothes. It seems like a forced attempt to seem multi-culural and say 'See? It's not just Christmas stuff. It's HOLIDAY stuff'. Roll Eyes

I think they just ran out of fresh ideas for christmas. I mean, there are only so many ways you can do santa claus and a christmas tree. The clothes are fug anyway. I mean, how frigging *dowdy* is that thing?
missangelica
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2006 October 25, 15:22:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

"mini" stuff pack.. omg.. next they'll be asking us to pay every time a maxoid craps!  All of that stuff in the mini pack should be on their site for *free*!
Stitches
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2006 October 25, 15:29:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Look, it's bound to break all the CC again just as we got it all fixed up for Pets!  Just Say NO!

We did?
ZiggyDoodle
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2006 October 25, 15:30:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

All of that stuff in the mini pack should be on their site for *free*!

Uh, why?
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2006 October 25, 15:34:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm still waiting for them to take a page from SimFreaks2 and start charging per item. Charging $10 or more for 20 measley items is pretty darned close though. Most "donation packs" in the community have way more stuff and cost less too. Tongue

nectere
Heretic
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2006 October 25, 15:47:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

yes but it doesnt have that 'trusty' EA logo on it...
missangelica
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2006 October 25, 15:55:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Uh, why?

They used to give out free items all the time with the first game.  $10 for 20 items?  Come on!
KatEnigma
Axe Murderer
Souped!

ENFJ

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2006 October 25, 16:01:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I got the HP last year, but I'm considering Amazon for this one, just to take the DRM Malware out of the equation. They are offering a "party peeper" or something like that. Or maybe Target who will offer it for $15 instead of $20 Eventually, I expect to replace my downloader copy of GLS, too. I know, it rewards EA for bad behavior, but at least it gets their crap off my system and I actually like and use the stuff from both of those packs

"There is a tragic flaw in our precious Constitution, and I don't know what can be done to fix it. This is it: Only nut cases want to be president."

- Kurt Vonnegut
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2006 October 25, 16:08:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Uh, why?

At very least I really don't think it's unreasonable that they give the mini pack for free to those who bought the 2005 holiday pack. The 2006 one is pretty much the same thing plus only 20 new items.

It's one thing to offer slightly update holiday pack for the same price as last year's, but it's even worse that they make those who bought last year's pay for the few measley new items. Angry

Countess
eamethyst
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2006 October 25, 16:10:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just wish it were possible to hide or remove all of the holiday themed wallpapers and floors.  'Cause there is no way I am going to redecorate a room down to walls and floors for Christmas.  A tree, lights, stockings hung by the chimney with care, all good, but who rewallpapers in holiday themes?
LynnMar
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2006 October 25, 16:15:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I bet this is the holiday pack where they fix the stuff they broke in Pets, and force you to buy it again so you can get the fixed versions of everything they busted in Pets.

yeah, you are probably right.  I wouldn't put anything past them.  Capital   Pigs.   Roll Eyes
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2006 October 25, 16:15:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They just added those kimonos and saris to make people who want those meshes to buy the stupid pack.

I know I want to now....dammit.

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2006 October 25, 16:29:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just wish it were possible to hide or remove all of the holiday themed wallpapers and floors.  'Cause there is no way I am going to redecorate a room down to walls and floors for Christmas.  A tree, lights, stockings hung by the chimney with care, all good, but who rewallpapers in holiday themes?

Oh I'm sure there is a way. Then all that stuff could just be left in a collection. I'll have to look into that at some point if no one else does.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: