More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 12:12:56

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Doing this for my brother *rolls eyes*
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Doing this for my brother *rolls eyes*  (Read 4030 times)
BeckerCheez
Irritating Ignoramus

'cause I don't have anything else...

View Profile WWW
Doing this for my brother *rolls eyes*
« on: 2006 October 23, 23:13:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

On behalf of my brother with the Italian Sim family of nine, I ask this question of y'all. 

The adopted son of the said Italian Sim family of nine was shipped off to college.  Poor Vinny is stuck in freshman year with a progress bar that will not...well...progress.  My brother, which y'all will admire for, is anal about having his kids accumulate a ton of skillpoints, so of course poor Vinny had enough skillpoints to have the bar totally open to fill.  Vinny will go to class, and the meter is full at the little smidge that it is. 

Either the game is telling my brother that Pleasure Sim Vinny should be loafing back in his father's mansion instead of picking up hot chicks in college, or the game is messed up due to something or other.  I had recently installed Pets over my other expansions.  No stuff packs.  I have all the MATY Pets hacks in there, as well as four of TwoJeff's hacks including the College Adjuster.  I did a force error on that lot four times and it did not produce a thing.  I'm a bit reluctant to do anything drastic, and my brother may or may not kill me if I do something to his poor Sim. 

So what do y'all think?  This may've been touched on before but I'm reluctant to search the graveyard of old threads, if you know what I mean.   Roll Eyes

Poster Formerly Known as Chee-Z
simmiecal
Dead Member

No kittens within five miles of my house! :)

View Profile
Re: Doing this for my brother *rolls eyes*
« Reply #1 on: 2006 October 23, 23:26:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have had this happen before. Have the sim move out of the lot he's in and to another. I've only had the problem when they were in individual residences and it was fixed moving them to a dorm. Not sure if just moving them fixes it or if you have to move them into a dorm to fix it.
BeckerCheez
Irritating Ignoramus

'cause I don't have anything else...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2006 October 23, 23:35:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'll suggest that next time he plays.  Thanks!   Grin

Poster Formerly Known as Chee-Z
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 October 24, 07:08:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is your brother using a nocd exe? Several versions of these disable the college bar progression (but only as it is displayed, the bar *is* full, but you can't see it).
If so, tell him to switch to a maxi-image +safedisc hider method instead.
miros
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 November 02, 13:05:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had this happen with 2 Sims who drank elixir as teens.  Use College->Rampage to make sure they've got enough points to get a A+ on their final and ignore it.

(after cleaning out the secret society house and selling the items, lol),

I've read elsewhere that this can really bork your game.  Not only is the secret society house now permanently empty in that hood, but other hoods seem to "share" the same secret society house and it's empty in the other hoods too!
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 November 02, 14:51:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not true. Lots are neighbourhood specific.

SS's are even subneighbourhood specific: you could completely raid the SS lot from Uni 1 and this will not affect the SS lot in Uni 2.
Velax
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 November 03, 19:35:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry for going off-topic a little, but what happens if all the secret society members die? Are more generated, or can you now never join the society?

Just curious, as most of my members were eaten by the cow plant on the society lot. Had my society member sim visit the ss house and mess around for a bit, and when I looked outside I noticed a number of graves on the lawn. Took me a minute to figure out what had happened, as I'd never had any experience with the plant before and didn't know sims automatically tried to get the cake. But yeah, the ss members got eaten. You'd think they'd know better, given it's their damn plant. If you want cake, just cook one, idiots. Roll Eyes
miros
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 November 03, 19:58:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, the Secret Society members will respawn.  If you want to avoid a population explosion, you might want to use the nossrespawn, which will minimize the number of new Sims created.  It will recruit Dormies first and only make new ones if absolutely necessary.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 November 03, 23:30:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just curious, as most of my members were eaten by the cow plant on the society lot. ...You'd think they'd know better, given it's their damn plant. If you want cake, just cook one, idiots. Roll Eyes

You want Pescado's 'darwincowplants' mod that's in his Director Cuts -- it keeps sims with a certain level of logic skills from going after the cow plant cake. Unless you want to wipe out entire dorms, that is. Smiley

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: