More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 27, 18:25:40

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  A huge problem
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: A huge problem  (Read 8638 times)
Scotty
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
A huge problem
« on: 2005 September 17, 14:09:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, I was just playing one of my Uni houses. I just moved one of my sims from a dorm to his own house. The night before he had a dream date with this hot guy. So, he decides to move out of the dorms and get a place so the two lovebirds can have their own little love nest.

After he moves in, I call his boyfriend and invite him over. Right after he greets him, his friend goes "Look at the time, I better be going" And it's like 11:00 AM. ANd the gardner decides she's done for the day at noon! I made sure all my hacks are gone, yet this problem still continues.

I hate taking a problem to MTS2. I refuse to ask them for a damn thing in that place. I dont know if this problem is only on Uni lots or what. Last night I was on a regular lot, and had someone come over, and they didnt leave early like this. It's like their little stupid clocks are screwed up.

If anyone else has this problem, please let me know. I still have a crapload of students in Uni that I'd like to graduate.

And yes, I do have Nightlife. I'm not sure if this is a bug or  a hack that I missed. Im sure I got all the hacks using clean installer.

Come visit us at the Gay Sims Club 2.

http://gaysimsclub2.net

I'm a Gay Pirate! Arrr!
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
Re: A huge problem
« Reply #1 on: 2005 September 17, 14:58:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm, the only problem like that I had so far was a teen vamp I invited over before midnight who immediately left as soon as he got there without saying anything. Not sure if it's related or not.

Are you sure you got all your hacks out? Some of them don't show up in red but still cause problems (for example less whiny). If you sort them all by type and look through the ones that don't have a type, you should generally be able to figure out which ones are hacks. Also check out game objects because some are hacks too and again some may not be in red.

Other than that, I'm not sure what you can do as a workaround. You probably should be able to move him in or join him once you get back to the regular neighborhood, that is assuming he sticks around long enough for you to let him. You could do boolprop testingcheatsenabled true, shift click on him and do select to try and make him selectable before he leaves, but he might still leave anyway. :/
« Last Edit: 2005 September 17, 15:11:06 by Motoki » Logged

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
bluecatvon
Feckless Fool

I'm so handsome

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 September 17, 16:31:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

my maid leaves very early too recently, like in the noon, when there are still toilets and dishes to clean. i don't have nightlife. i'm wondering if this is relevant...

Our Creator was bored. Our Creator made humans. Our Creator loves Sims 2!
radiophonic
Lipless Loser

Quirky Liberal Alpha Male

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 September 17, 16:37:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

After he moves in, I call his boyfriend and invite him over. Right after he greets him, his friend goes "Look at the time, I better be going" And it's like 11:00 AM. ANd the gardner decides she's done for the day at noon! I made sure all my hacks are gone, yet this problem still continues.

I only seem to have this problem when teens come over. Inviting them over earlier in the day is fine, but it seems any time after about 8 or 9PM is a no-no.

Instant gratification takes too long.
sara_dippity
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 September 17, 16:40:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

my maid leaves very early too recently, like in the noon, when there are still toilets and dishes to clean. i don't have nightlife. i'm wondering if this is relevant...
Do you have any doors on diagonal walls? I bet you do. I bet sometimes you can only get options to serve "instant meal" and nothing else on the fridge. Only when you get in the kitchen, you get more options.
That actually seems to be fixed in Night Life.

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Scotty
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2005 September 17, 16:41:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well these were Young Adults and it was before noon. And the gardner only snipped one lousy bush before declaring she was done for the day.

I checked, all my hacks are gone. Must be something else.

I'm a Gay Pirate! Arrr!
Myth
Pinheaded Pissant

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 September 17, 16:46:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I read about the same problem in one of the NL bugs posts.  The only thing similar I had happen was one of my sim's friends walked by, came into the house uninvited and when I clicked on her to do an interactions she did the "Look at the time, I've got to be going" and promptly left the lot. 

Also my maid left once with items left undone.  Neither one of those errors have re-occured though.

Rohina: Motion to Expel Myth from the Senate. Just testing an hypothesis. Nothing to do with the fact that she smells like ass.
Flowerchile: Have you be'd norty again Mythie?
Mythchick: No, I just followed Rohina around a little and now smell like ass.
Scotty
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2005 September 17, 17:34:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If this is a bug, it's a showstopper. I just want to move that stupid sim in.

I'm a Gay Pirate! Arrr!
nothingbutsims
« Reply #8 on: 2005 September 17, 17:36:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do you have any doors on diagonal walls? I bet you do. I bet sometimes you can only get options to serve "instant meal" and nothing else on the fridge. Only when you get in the kitchen, you get more options.

I noticed that when doors were on diagnonal walls, my maids too would not enter the room for some reasonl, but now I have NL installed, that has been cured.
MaxoidTom
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2005 September 17, 18:13:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I noticed that when doors were on diagnonal walls, my maids too would not enter the room for some reasonl, but now I have NL installed, that has been cured.

There was a problem with diagonal doors.  As you saw, we fixed this in NL and it should be fixed in the Uni patch.
Scotty
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: 2005 September 17, 21:06:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Someone mentiomed that this may be due to the preg4All mod. I deleted that one awhile ago, yet the probelm persists.

I'm a Gay Pirate! Arrr!
Scotty
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: 2005 September 18, 01:03:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, according to MTS2, it has something to do with the Maxmotives cheat. This sounds like it's a huge bug. Tom, do you plan on looking into this?

I'm a Gay Pirate! Arrr!
Velax
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2005 September 18, 02:50:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Has nothing whatsoever to do with the Maxmotives cheat. I've never used it (never even knew it existed before this thread) and I've been getting the "Maid/Gardener go home early for no apparent reason" bug ever since I installed Nightlife.
MokeyHokey
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2005 September 18, 03:39:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

..I've been using it quite a bit, and I don't have any trouble with the servicepeople or visitors.  Undecided  Well, except for kids leaving at 6 instead of 9, and adults leaving at around 9 or 10 instead of 2.
Scotty
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: 2005 September 18, 04:38:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Has nothing whatsoever to do with the Maxmotives cheat. I've never used it (never even knew it existed before this thread) and I've been getting the "Maid/Gardener go home early for no apparent reason" bug ever since I installed Nightlife.

Velax, do you actually know for certain that this has nothing to do with the cheat? Several people have reported that this is the cause. Because all my hacks are gone from my game, and that problem didnt crop up until I used that cheat.

I'm a Gay Pirate! Arrr!
Ruann
Dimwitted Dunce

An overactive male imagination

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: 2005 September 18, 04:45:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can verify that it has nothing to do with that cheat because it happens with all of my families since I installed NL.  Sometimes I can keep someone around for a while, sometimes they jet immediately.  It happened on Day Two of a fresh Pleasant Family when Angela brought a downtownie teen home from school with her.  I've had it happen after a sim was visiting for a couple sim hours (at about 8pm sim time).  It seems to be random.
Velax
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2005 September 18, 05:17:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Velax, do you actually know for certain that this has nothing to do with the cheat? Several people have reported that this is the cause. Because all my hacks are gone from my game, and that problem didnt crop up until I used that cheat.
Well, I'm basing my statement on the fact that I've never used the cheat and am still having the problem. Although, I don't get the "visitors leave straight away" bug, only the "Maid/Gardener leave early" bug, so perhaps they're two different bugs caused by two different things.
radiophonic
Lipless Loser

Quirky Liberal Alpha Male

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2005 September 18, 12:49:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is that what caused that? That drove me nuts trying to figure out what the problem was.  Undecided

Instant gratification takes too long.
cabelle
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2005 September 18, 14:59:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

From everything I've been reading about this, I'm beginning to wonder if it has something to do with the new dating interaction. Apparently if you invite a sim over for a date at home, they stay as long as the date lasts.  Huh
Strange but until a fix or patch comes about I'd recommend inviting the sim over for a date at home. Then he should stay as long as you'd like so you can get plenty of interactions in to boost the relationship (which will likely make it a "dream date"). I'm not sure if you'll be able to propose during a "date" that he moves in with your sim, you might have to wait and just invite him again the following morning.

Sure is one of the strangest glitches I keep hearing about. Seems like our sims have gone from being night owls to "early to bed, early to rise" sort of folks. Hope it will be modified soon.
bluecatvon
Feckless Fool

I'm so handsome

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2005 September 19, 15:50:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

haha! you know what? i do have a door on a diagonal wall. never thought it was a problem cuz my last maid didn't leave so early. or maybe i just didn't notice? thanks! but i always get all the options on the fridge, if i only get the serve instant meal option, it's becuz the sim was away working or in school.

i don't have the guest leaves too early bug. but i do get annoyed when the guests would play the piano or any instrument all day long. then if they get hungry, they won't stop playing! this goes on until their hunger goes red and they'll leave, even if there's food around and it's still early

Our Creator was bored. Our Creator made humans. Our Creator loves Sims 2!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: