More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 09:46:59

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  A question about the slowdown bug and deleting char files in Night Life
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: A question about the slowdown bug and deleting char files in Night Life  (Read 5995 times)
sara_dippity
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
A question about the slowdown bug and deleting char files in Night Life
« on: 2005 September 17, 16:24:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok, I have a lot that is very bugged. Every sim hour on the hour, my portals get jammed. I used the debugger to clear offworld visitors. The first time I had 30, the second time I had 40 something, the third time I had 55. So I paused, alt tabbed, checked my characters folder. So happens yesterday I wrote down the number of characters I had so I could go to a lot with a barista and see if the game generated a new character file. It did, so that bug isn't fixed yet. Anyway, I've had no children born since then, and my file number shot up from 237 to 433. Looks like my slowdown bug has been going on for a while, maybe in more than one lot.
This is my question. SimPE is not working with Night Life. I am assuming that all of the files are going to be created in numerical order. Can I select files 238 to 433 and simply delete them? These characters have never met anyone, I'm assuming they are gardeners since it seems to start happening at 9am, and it's on a Saturday in my simland so it's not the bus. I think that comes at 8 anyway. I guess I could try it and back everything up.
Off to bulldoze the lot. Man it's nice to have inventory, don't loose a thing, and I don't even loose the house I love since I made my lot catalog read only Smiley.

Edit to add ~ Okay, so I thought that if I sorted by last date modified, the gardeners would be at the end (except for my current family) because they were the last created. But that did't work. Is it really safe to assume that character files #237-4## are gardeners? I had already visited downtown once before I wrote down 237, so all townies should have been generated.
« Last Edit: 2005 September 17, 17:57:33 by sara_dippity » Logged

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
Re: A question about the slowdown bug and deleting char files in Night Life
« Reply #1 on: 2005 September 17, 22:35:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does SimPe let you open the character files?  I know people have trouble opening neighborhood files and using Sim Browser, but perhaps you could open single character files and see if they are gardeners.  I don't have Nightlife yet, so I can't try this.

Also, there is a QA version of SimPE in testing for Nightlife, but you need to join the QA forum at the SimPE site to get it before it is publicly released.
LK
Terrible Twerp

Humanity can suck my hard drive

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2005 September 18, 00:52:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Were new baristas created even with the no barista spam hack, or do you not have that?  (If that hack is broken, I'm going to have to find Rippy the Razor).

Update: I tested it out, and JM's hack still works.
« Last Edit: 2005 September 18, 02:14:59 by LK » Logged

http://www.thesporum.net
The First, The Original, The Best
IgnorantBliss
Knuckleheaded Knob

INTJ

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 September 18, 02:51:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Were new baristas created even with the no barista spam hack, or do you not have that?  (If that hack is broken, I'm going to have to find Rippy the Razor).

Update: I tested it out, and JM's hack still works.

What's the file name for the hack, is it nobaristaspam.package? The hack directory seems to be empty and I can't download it anymore to make sure.

Edit: Never mind, I think I found it.
« Last Edit: 2005 September 18, 02:56:35 by IgnorantBliss » Logged

Liz: I'm telling you, this is my year. I feel like the show's going to be great and I'm very positive that I'm going to meet someone else.
Jack: Women your age are more likely to be mauled at the zoo than get married.
crammyboy
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 September 19, 16:27:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is a broken portal bug.  The fix is at http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=83684
sara_dippity
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 September 19, 17:44:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, Mr. Maxoid pointed me your way on another thread Cheesy.

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: