More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 02, 08:46:27

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Banning Werewolves?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Banning Werewolves?  (Read 4952 times)
Digital Femme
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Banning Werewolves?
« on: 2006 October 23, 19:15:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have two neighborhoods. One is for "norms" and another is for monsters, mutants and aliens. I don't want any monsters or aliens in my normal neighborhood. I have Sims 2: Pets, but I'm not in a rush to install it unless I can keep werewolves and possessed wolves from showing up in my normal neighborhood. Will removing the Leader of the Pack simply cause another one to spawn (like with Grand Vampires)? Can he/she even be removed from a neighborhood in the first place?
Weaver
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
Re: Banning Werewolves?
« Reply #1 on: 2006 October 23, 19:42:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Visitor Controller
Assmitten
Whiny Wussy

Poop poop

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 October 23, 20:31:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

AweSOMMM. Thanks Weaver, I forgot about that. I need it!

<notovny> Aww, yeah, WOODBEAST.
<kutto> Keep it in your pants, notovny.
Digital Femme
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 October 25, 14:10:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you so much! Maxis used to be pretty good about allowing players to keep the "wacky" characters out of the game if players wanted to keep things "normal". I guess they decided not to bother this time around.
Ellie
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 October 25, 15:16:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't think the visitor controller can ban wolves yet. But I hope it will at some point.
Weaver
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 October 25, 15:53:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

1) Ban certain NPCs. The NPCs you can choose to ban if you want to are:
      The special Uni NPCs: the professors, cheerleaders, cow & llama mascots, coaches, & streakers.
      The special NL NPCs: the gypsy, Mrs. Crumplebottom, and grand vampires.
       Petz version only: The special OMGPETZ! NPCs: strays, wolves, and skunks.
      The newspaper and mail delivery people.

Never make friends with canines and glowing eyes. Lycanthropy: Solved. Wink
twojeffs
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2006 October 25, 16:46:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The VC will ban the wolves, but there isn't a setting to ban werewolves (yet) if any sims have been bitten.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 October 25, 19:16:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have two neighborhoods. One is for "norms" and another is for monsters, mutants and aliens. I don't want any monsters or aliens in my normal neighborhood.
I think you may want "localwalkby", which will stop ANY nonlocal residents from traipsing about as walkbys anywhere other than their home neighborhoods on residential lots. Community lot visitation can be controlled by the Jeffistani controller. Does that presently support local/nonlocal?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Venusy
Dead Member

Despite the name, I am male.Do not call me "miss".

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 October 25, 19:21:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have two neighborhoods. One is for "norms" and another is for monsters, mutants and aliens. I don't want any monsters or aliens in my normal neighborhood.
I think you may want "localwalkby", which will stop ANY nonlocal residents from traipsing about as walkbys anywhere other than their home neighborhoods on residential lots. Community lot visitation can be controlled by the Jeffistani controller. Does that presently support local/nonlocal?
By different neighbourhoods, I thought she meant different neighbourhoods, as in N001 and N002, not sub-hoods of the same neighbourhood.

"They say only the good die young. If that works both ways, I'm immortal."

ISTP - Independent, concise in speech, master of tools.
twojeffs
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: 2006 October 25, 20:38:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No not yet. I'm going to be rewriting the mod again very soon to improve the EP upgrade path and logic and adding the local/nonlocal visitor option is one of the features I plan to add.
Digital Femme
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 October 25, 21:04:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I thought she meant different neighbourhoods, as in N001 and N002, not sub-hoods of the same neighbourhood.

That's what I meant. Actually, I'm wondering if Shaklin's No Strays Patch might also solve my problem and prevent all strays, wolves and the LotP from showing up on residential and community lots in one shot. I guess I would have to exit out of the game and remove the patch when I wanted to switch neighborhoods, but that's not too big of a deal to me.
Strangel
Nitwitted Nuisance

Strangelet watches Star Wars with an iPhone. Geek.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: 2006 October 27, 01:53:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I thought she meant different neighbourhoods, as in N001 and N002, not sub-hoods of the same neighbourhood.

That's what I meant. Actually, I'm wondering if Shaklin's No Strays Patch might also solve my problem and prevent all strays, wolves and the LotP from showing up on residential and community lots in one shot. I guess I would have to exit out of the game and remove the patch when I wanted to switch neighborhoods, but that's not too big of a deal to me.

I downloaded Shaklin's sign last night. I have a catlady that keeps all her pets locked outside (plenty of food and expensive beds, etc.. pipe down PETA..) and this one little cat-looking dog Sheba -grr- kept wandering in to eat the cats' food, dig holes, and generally be a nuisance. Despite constant "chase off" from Belinda, Sheba appeared every freakin day, at least once. One day, she got run off the left side of the screen, only to reappear on the right. This morning, I booted up, planted the sign, and not a single dog, cat or wolf has shown their face.

...did get a skunk though.. -wanders off with a bottle of SimMato juice-

http://heh.pl/&35Z (the file name made for a loooong address link)

Edit: Right after posting here, I booted up and returned to playing.. SHEBA is back. -sigh-
« Last Edit: 2006 October 28, 00:48:53 by Strangel » Logged

Jelendra: Welcome to the dark side. We have Eric. [True Blood Thread]
[14:26] notovny: Indeed. Pepperidge Farm Breakfast Kittens are delicious.
Om-Nom-Nomed as Throat of #grah 08.07.08 ISFP
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: