More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 14:04:03

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  Peasantry
| | |-+  Werewolves grrr / Made fix, download at your own risks
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Werewolves grrr / Made fix, download at your own risks  (Read 81915 times)
pioupiou
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
Werewolves grrr / Made fix, download at your own risks
« on: 2006 October 22, 16:21:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Following theo advice, I've made a fix for the werewolf versus custom skin problem.
For the moment my computer has not blown up and my game is perfectly working.
I just set the skintone line in the property set to 00000000-0000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000.
I chose to do that on the S3 werewolf skintone, as for me werewolves are dark brown, and the S4 was too black. I tested this with a custom skin sim, a S2 sim and a alien sim. It works. The alien doesn't show some green under the fur, as it does with the S5 (alien) werewolf skin, but it bothers me less than custom skin sims not having fur when werewolves.....

If some of you feel adventurous enough to try it, be my guest.

Pioupiou

* werewolfcustomskinsfix.package (6.41 KB - downloaded 11925 times.)
« Last Edit: 2006 December 03, 22:07:34 by Venusy » Logged
Nukapei
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 2006 October 22, 17:48:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Following theo advice, I've made a fix for the werewolf versus custom skin problem.
For the moment my computer has not blown up and my game is perfectly working.
I just set the skintone line in the property set to 00000000-0000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000.
I chose to do that on the S3 werewolf skintone, as for me werewolves are dark brown, and the S4 was too black. I tested this with a custom skin sim, a S2 sim and a alien sim. It works. The alien doesn't show some green under the fur, as it does with the S5 (alien) werewolf skin, but it bothers me less than custom skin sims not having fur when werewolves.....

If some of you feel adventurous enough to try it, be my guest.

Pioupiou

I've downloaded it (along with only two other people, it says), and I'll post here how it works.

Edit: Okay, downloaded and tested, and it works like a charm. Cheesy  Great work, Pioupiou!!  Kiss
« Last Edit: 2006 October 22, 18:32:44 by Nukapei » Logged

There are 10 kinds of people in this world, those that understand binary and those that don't.
pioupiou
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 October 22, 18:40:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for feedback, really appreciated.
Pioupiou
Ghanima Atreides
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2006 October 22, 23:03:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What can I say, except Thank You! Considering that most of my sims have custom skins, I was very disappointed to learn they wouldn't turn furry...I'm testing this now, I met a wolf, just need to get bitten... Grin

Enemies strengthen; allies weaken.
cindyanne
Asinine Airhead

Your friendly neighborhood grand multip.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 October 23, 10:02:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you so much for this mod!!!  I don't have a lot of custom skins on my sims but I did figure out how to put AllenABQ's body hair skins on my beloved Maxis sims and I was SO disappointed when I found out they had to go back to default to be werewolves!!  THANK YOU!!

Incidentally, I had a sim turn another sim into a werewolf and I do NOT LIKE IT AT ALL!!  Why is it getting turned into a bloodsucking creature that dies in the sunlight is a GOOD thing, but when you get turned into a werewolf you lose a fight, lose a best friend, and get furious at the sim who did it to you? 

Makes no damn sense to me...  Guess all my sims will get Turned from the pack leader to avoid such conflicts. Sad

Also, yes, the memories do need to be fixed and I'm sure they will in a patch.  My Family sim who was turned by her Knowledge husband's pack leader friend quite unexpectedly also has a "bad" memory of being cured...

THANKS AGAIN FOR THE MOD!!

Cindy
spookymuffin
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 October 23, 13:07:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for this Smiley

"Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge: it is those who know little, and not those who know much, who so positively assert that this or that problem will never be solved by science." - Charles Darwin
Nukapei
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 October 23, 14:19:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Incidentally, I had a sim turn another sim into a werewolf and I do NOT LIKE IT AT ALL!!  Why is it getting turned into a bloodsucking creature that dies in the sunlight is a GOOD thing, but when you get turned into a werewolf you lose a fight, lose a best friend, and get furious at the sim who did it to you? 

Makes no damn sense to me...  Guess all my sims will get Turned from the pack leader to avoid such conflicts. Sad
Which is why Tara Kat is the desginated Changer in my game.  I don't care if all my Sims are furious at her, but then they won't be furious at others of their kind.  Such as whomever I want to hook them up with.  Wink

There are 10 kinds of people in this world, those that understand binary and those that don't.
Scotty
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2006 October 23, 14:42:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for the fix. Sometimes I think Maxis does things like this on purpose, because they are too damn lazy. So they let the modders fix their screw ups. Good Job Maxis EA!

Come visit us at the Gay Sims Club 2.

http://gaysimsclub2.net

I'm a Gay Pirate! Arrr!
syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

ISTJ - what a crazy random happenstance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 2006 October 23, 18:41:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Since this is so helpful, I think you should either create an entirely new post in the Podium and have it available as a fix. And/or provide a tutorial of how you fixed it, so other people can create their own fix with their own custom wolf hair skin.

Or, edit your first post in this thread, move the attachment to the first post of the thread, and have a moderator move the thread over to the Peasantry.

Yes? Very Yes? Tongue

Ste
« Last Edit: 2006 October 23, 19:34:25 by syberspunk » Logged

Nukapei
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 October 23, 18:43:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oooo, did you edit which skin the werewolf has when changed?  Because there are a few over at Genensims that have the Maxis version beat, hands down.

twojeffs
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: 2006 October 23, 18:46:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Um, Syber, it's in the Podium already. Tongue

Maybe you meant Peasantry? And I agree, this fix should be posted there.

Edit: And *poof*, now it is...
« Last Edit: 2006 October 23, 19:02:47 by twojeffs » Logged
syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

ISTJ - what a crazy random happenstance

View Profile WWW
Re: Werewolves grrr / Made fix, download at your own risks
« Reply #11 on: 2006 October 23, 19:42:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Heh. Yes I meant Peasantry. Ever have that problem where... you think one thing, but you type what you happen to be looking at, at the time? I tend to do that a lot. It often hits me either in (type)written or verbal form. Like when I'm talking to someone, and sometimes my eyes fixate on something, and I say that instead the word I was thinking. I would probably suck at that color word game in Brain Age. Heh. Cheesy

And yay for poofty magic! Kiss

Ste

pioupiou
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 October 23, 21:10:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oooo, did you edit which skin the werewolf has when changed?  Because there are a few over at Genensims that have the Maxis version beat, hands down.
Sorry I don't understand ?? Keep in mind that english is not my first language. I would be more than happy to answer but I don't understand Undecided

Oh and Syberspunk, sorry I did not see your posts until now...
The fix is not a big thing : I extracted the werewolf skintone (body) property sets from the skins.package in C:/Program Files/EA Games/Les Sims2 Animaux & Cie/TSData/Res/Catalog/Skins : there are 6 property sets : elder male, elder female, adult male, adult female, teen male and teen female. For each of these property sets I change the skintone line from 00000003-0000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000 to 00000000-0000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000 so the skin can be ussed by every skintone and not only S3. I did the same with the texture overlay XML (face paint) : there are only 4 : adult male, adult female (both enabled for elder as well), teen male and teen female.
I only made these changes on one werewolf skintone because I have no idea what would happen if the game has more than one to choose for, for every skintone.
The bald texture (head) is already the same for all skins and is not bound to the skintone, so no change needed.
If you prefer your wolf to have the S1 werewolf skintone, you can do the same with the files for S1.
Hope this is clear, it's late here so typing in english becomes difficult.

Pioupiou.
« Last Edit: 2006 October 23, 21:23:43 by pioupiou » Logged
Giggy
Stupid Schlemiel

ISTJ

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 October 24, 06:09:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Huh does this work with zombie skins as well?

<Annan> Kofi is such an ass. She never responds when I try to be nice.

*Ella whine*
<Kiki> of course I give you shit...I can't stand you. I think you're an abortion 23 years too late.
pioupiou
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 October 24, 06:50:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

giggy do you mean if the sim is a zombie-werewolf ? I haven't tested it, but it should. For the moment I don't have a zombie to test it, but I'll try to go and create one, maybe not today.
If somebody has a zombie-werewolf, I'm interested in knowing if my fix improve the zombie head on wrewolf body problem (see trepie's screenshots on the laverwinckle).
Pioupiou
Giggy
Stupid Schlemiel

ISTJ

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006 October 24, 08:57:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'll send it to a group of people who have a zombie/werewolf to see if its fixed

*Ella whine*
<Kiki> of course I give you shit...I can't stand you. I think you're an abortion 23 years too late.
Theo
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2006 October 24, 10:54:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Huh does this work with zombie skins as well?
giggy do you mean if the sim is a zombie-werewolf ? I haven't tested it, but it should. For the moment I don't have a zombie to test it, but I'll try to go and create one, maybe not today.
If somebody has a zombie-werewolf, I'm interested in knowing if my fix improve the zombie head on werewolf body problem (see trepie's screen shots on the laverwinkle).
Pioupiou

It should work in theory, but because the werewolf skin doesn't use alpha transparency (unlike the vampire skin), it will hide whatever skin is below it, so your zombie werewolf should look like a normal sim werewolf (but you can tell them apart by the limping Grin)

It would be interesting to add alpha transparency to the werewolf textures, but that requires bit more patience...

OT: Firefox 2.0 has a spell-checker for the text areas, w00t!  (and w00t is in the dictionary Cheesy)
spookymuffin
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2006 November 02, 11:03:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This fixes the zombie/werewolf texture issues.
I noticed however that the s3 werewolf skintone is applied only in part to sims with s1.s2.s4.s5 skins, e.g I has a male s2 sim with an s3 werewolf body and s2 werewolf head.
I only noticed it because I was making a default replacement skin and only replaced the s3 werewolf skintone, it does always apply the s3 werewolf texture to custom skintones however.
Its only a minor problem, but one that should be kept in mind for anyone making a default replacement werewolf skin, remember to replace all the werewolf skintone files or your default will only work properly on custom skins and the s3 skin.

"Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge: it is those who know little, and not those who know much, who so positively assert that this or that problem will never be solved by science." - Charles Darwin
thatstakn
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2006 November 07, 11:28:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ok, does this fix go into your reg. downloads folder, or does it have to go somewhere else? thanks for the help!
pioupiou
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2006 November 07, 13:15:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Regular downloads folder. You can use subfolder if you want.
Pioupiou
alkaloid
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2006 November 09, 01:39:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet.  Grin
Giggy
Stupid Schlemiel

ISTJ

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2006 November 21, 05:02:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It works, I've tried it on a Zombie and he shows the hairy body!

*Ella whine*
Magicmoon
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2006 November 21, 07:27:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is this still needed if the custom skins are default?

Running: Sims2, University, Nightlife, OFB, Pets, Seasons, BV, FT and AL
Giggy
Stupid Schlemiel

ISTJ

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2006 November 21, 08:00:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

yes it does

*Ella whine*
spookymuffin
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2006 November 21, 09:22:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is this still needed if the custom skins are default?
No it shouldnt be

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: