More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 20, 00:27:09

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  forced abduction weirdness
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: forced abduction weirdness  (Read 2389 times)
Marchioness
eevilcat
Retarded Reprobate

Poke, point, laugh...

View Profile
forced abduction weirdness
« on: 2006 October 23, 17:46:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I installed and am running Petz and encountered some weirdness around forcing an abduction using boolprop. The abduction cinematic played ok and the sim (Pluto) disappeared off in the ufo. Immediately after the cinematic ended another sim (Persephone) in the household appeared at the telescope looking through it - she was last seen in bed sleeping. After some time the abductee returning cinematic plays and Pluto reappears, but no pregnancy lullaby. Here's the weirdness... Pluto knows and remembers the fact that he was abducted while every other sim, both on and outside that lot, think Persephone was abducted. Not at all what I expected, so next night I boolprop debug force an abduction and exactly the same thing happens again. Grrrr... so I used the debug make me alien pregnant option which worked fine. I'm only running with a bunch of MATY Petz friendly hacks/mods and the Doc Doofus lot full of sims mod from MTS2 and that is still allowing larger households ok. I am using the autonomous casual romance mod, but that too appears to be functioning fine post Petz. Ideas anyone?

Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
Re: forced abduction weirdness
« Reply #1 on: 2006 October 23, 22:24:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think there were problems with boolpropped abductions before petz. I know it's been discussed before.

Marchioness
eevilcat
Retarded Reprobate

Poke, point, laugh...

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 October 24, 08:17:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've looked but couldn't find anything related in previous posts. I don't normally use boolprop but the old bioligical clock was ticking very loudly on the sim in question and I wanted a 'purer' alien sprog to add to the genetic mix but didn't want to extend his life to get it.

I will play/experiment some more and see what happens, it could just be a one-off unlucky glitch or something repeatable on other lots.  I've now got the abductions hack installed so hopefully there will be an increase in future 'natural' abductions.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 October 24, 08:23:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Debug abductions are buggy. I have a little private fix for it, but by default they are broken. They also will not result in pregnancy if your sim is not normally applicable, such as from being too old.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: